Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great win. Questions for me over Came, Reece and Tickner…..but let’s just enjoy the win 😊

Surely DuPavillion plays tomorrow? 

Lloyd has to open, Reece & Came are putting themselves under pressure by failing to get off to a good start & then panicking and giving it away.

37 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Surely DuPavillion plays tomorrow? 

Lloyd has to open, Reece & Came are putting themselves under pressure by failing to get off to a good start & then panicking and giving it away.

Might as well stick Zak Chappell to open in the old "pinch hitter" role, failing that Ross Whiteley to see if he can get into some sort of form with a few early boundaries?

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Might as well stick Zak Chappell to open in the old "pinch hitter" role, failing that Ross Whiteley to see if he can get into some sort of form with a few early boundaries?

I do think Donald & Lloyd can do the job, but as Donald is already ruled out tomorrow, trying Whiteley & Lloyd for one game might not be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I do think Donald & Lloyd can do the job, but as Donald is already ruled out tomorrow, trying Whiteley & Lloyd for one game might not be a bad idea.

I agree - why don’t you lead off the inning with two explosive players and then have the steady guys in the middle?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think I would give Reece one more go today, opening with Lloyd, bring in Dal for Came and Pavillion for Tickers 😊

Old Trafford a good ground for spinners so I wonder if they might bring back Thomson and go with 3 🤔

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I wonder if any other team this season has only fielded one overseas player because the other one can't get in the team 🤔

In hindsight I think an opening batsman would have been a better bet for one of the overseas signings 😊

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

In hindsight I think an opening batsman would have been a better bet for one of the overseas signings 😊

Don't think Haider Ali is doing much at the moment 🤔

I said before the first game DuPavillon should be in the team 👀👀😂