Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has anyone pitched "The72" to the ECB?

After all, no one has wanted to franchise the hundred format and by making it 72 balls you make it "more exciting" and it's "innovative" because it's not T20 but best off all itd give the ECB another go at killing off the country game.

Don't go giving them ideas 😬

21 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

It’s difficult to tell from where I am sat whether this is atrocious bowling or sublime batting but it’s getting embarrassing. 

Fletch said on commentary at the start, that the thought was 250 would be a par score from 30 overs, which is about where they are going to be.

Moore has impressed me, after the great start he's brought back because the other bowlers have gone around the park. Goes for 20 off an over, though it should have been 18 with a wicket….then comes back again and finishes off well and gets a wicket. Good character as well as skill for a 16 year old.

Worcestershire finish on 254-5

We actually started well having them 11-2 and keeping it tight. However, we look always look hopeless in the middle overs. Struggle to keep the scoring down and can't take wickets - not helped by not taking catches.

255 isn't an impossible target in what is essentially an extended T20, but I'd almost rather see Pat Brown bowl really well, than anything else.

Reece out for 96, seem to have loads get out in the 90’s this season….

145-2 to 169-7 pretty much sums up this competition.

The decision to have Wood come out at 3 was odd, he struggled badly and took away all the momentum Reece and Came had built. Once we got behind the run rate we crumbled.

Edited by jimbo jones

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

The good news, 4 wickets for Pat Brown who bowled well, unfortunately had his figures slightly spoiled by Suranga Lakmal having a bit of a number 11 swing and getting 14 runs.

I enjoyed Lakmal’s innings. Just needed 6 more overs of it 😂

I find the cricket less stressful than football. No expectations, sunshine and beers 🍺 

One day the city of Derby will see some sort of sporting success! One day.

20 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I enjoyed Lakmal’s innings. Just needed 6 more overs of it 😂

I find the cricket less stressful than football. No expectations, sunshine and beers 🍺 

One day the city of Derby will see some sort of sporting success! One day.

On Sunday Derbyshire Disabled CC are playing Warwickshire in the Midlands Final at Melbourne CC at 1pm. 

I will be managing, captaining and keeping badly.

We are massive underdogs but all spectators are welcome. (they have a bar and a viewing balcony) 

41 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Have we lost more games before in a season? This year has been embarrassing. 

Probably, we won 6 games in the T20, add the one from the one day cup and I'm sure we’ve won less than 7 a few times post-2000

The really disappointing thing is I honestly believe we've got a good squad of players (though the bowling outside of T20 has looked weak) but it's just not worked this season.

Plenty of draws in the championship as well, my maths says 15 defeats all together, time to add to that of course 😬

Edited by jimbo jones

Bowled Northants out for 201

Where’s that performance been then?

Northants did well to scrape up to 200, that is partly due too a blatantly obvious run out not being given, one of the Northants commentators even called it out as it happened.

Anyway, the bowling, the pitch looks a bit sticky and favored the bowlers more than most white ball pitches these days, but there was one thing we did today we haven't done all season - consistent line and length. There was no freebies for the Northants batters to get away to the boundary, that builds pressure and amazingly, wickets come with that.

Moore almost leading the way bowling accurately and Conners followed him, that could be the best I've seen Conners bowl. He's always been a wicket taker, but bowling tightly has always been a problem. Reece finally got it right with his pace variations and the spinners bowled well, including Wood.

Dal had a trip to the hospital for a possible broken finger early in the innings, but was back fielding at the end.

IMG_3187.png

Edited by jimbo jones