Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, taggy180 said:

I still can't believe Thomson only got 5 overs against Lancashire

They got after him in his 5th over after 4 very good ones, Mckiernan getting only 4 surprised me more.

With 7 front line bowlers overs will be shared around, which is why I’d play another batsman with Conners missing the next game. 6 bowling options is plenty.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

They got after him in his 5th over after 4 very good ones, Mckiernan getting only 4 surprised me more.

With 7 front line bowlers overs will be shared around, which is why I’d play another batsman with Conners missing the next game. 6 bowling options is plenty.

I think this has to be Billy’s last chance to get some runs….

Squad for tomorrow:

A few things to digest. No Godleman, who is a Covid-19 “precaution”, so Masood is captain. If the team plays well you have to wonder if he will come back in.

No Mark Watt, so he's clearly playing in Scotland’s 2 games over the weekend.

Alex Hughes back in the squad after injury, which is a timely boost in the circumstances.

Team prediction:

Masood - Reece - Came - Wood - Guest - Dal - Mckiernan - Hughes - Thomson - Aitchison - Potts

7176C1DE-D84E-4BCC-BEC1-B24BC8FACE91.jpeg

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow:

A few things to digest. No Godleman, who is a Covid-19 “precaution”, so Masood is captain. If the team plays well you have to wonder if he will come back in.

No Mark Watt, so he's clearly playing in Scotland’s 2 games over the weekend.

Alex Hughes back in the squad after injury, which is a timely boost in the circumstances.

Team prediction:

Masood - Reece - Came - Wood - Guest - Dal - Mckiernan - Hughes - Thomson - Aitchison - Potts

7176C1DE-D84E-4BCC-BEC1-B24BC8FACE91.jpeg

Agree with that team. A bit light in the bowling department but ?

12 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Pity we have lost so many good players to that stupid 100 nonsense. Ok for the Womens game as they need the competition but should be scrapped for the men. 

Same with the men’s, put the money and  promotion into a women’s T20 blast, have it run alongside the men’s and still have the double headers for the guaranteed crowds. 

I don’t begrudge the women getting this opportunity though, definitely good for them. I still just think you can get the same results using the T20.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Typical, I said to my dad he would fail with us watching. Silly run out of Dal. Probably 30 short but who knows ?

I never know what a good score is, I thought we needed to get to 250 at least. Fairly early in commentary they were talking of 240, but I think that’s minimum. If we had Scrimshaw and Conners bowling I’d like our chances better. Not sure we have the bowling attack to get the most out of the surface.