Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

A long time since I’ve played any sort of competitive cricket, not as long as that though, early 2000’s. My medium pacers were slapped too all corners by Paul Borrington, who went on to play for Derbyshire, as his dad did before him. I gave up after that ?

At least you were a first class 'pie chucker'?

Squad for the one day opener is the same as the Shropshire game plus Mark Watt. Not sure if Masood is back yet.

Think we will line up like this...

Godleman 
Reece
Came
Wood
Dal
McKiernan
Watt
Aitchison
Conners
Potts

Could play Wagstaff instead Potts for an extra batter.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for the one day opener is the same as the Shropshire game plus Mark Watt. Not sure if Masood is back yet.

Godleman 
Reece
Came
Wood
Dal
McKiernan
Watt
Aitchison
Conners
Potts

There is talk that Masood won’t be back for the 50 over competition if he is picked for a training camp and tour of the Netherlands ?

12 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman 
Reece
Came
Wood
Dal
McKiernan
Watt
Aitchison
Conners
Potts

I would go with that team ?

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

A long time since I’ve played any sort of competitive cricket, not as long as that though, early 2000’s. My medium pacers were slapped too all corners by Paul Borrington, who went on to play for Derbyshire, as his dad did before him. I gave up after that ?

I hit Garry Birtles with a bouncer - then tried to do the same to John Kettley (was a weatherman, a weatherman, a weatherman) in the same match. That didn't go my way. Whereas Birtles was absolutely rubbish, Kettley knew which end of the bat to hold and tonked me all over West Park.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I hit Garry Birtles with a bouncer - then tried to do the same to John Kettley (was a weatherman, a weatherman, a weatherman) in the same match. That didn't go my way. Whereas Birtles was absolutely rubbish, Kettley knew which end of the bat to hold and tonked me all over West Park.

I can just about remember Kettley doing the weather ?

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Oh dear. We need Masood! 
Concentrate on the county championship perhaps!

It was a good toss to win, the balls moved about plenty and batting has looked tricky. Without Masood, Madsen, and du Plooy and with Godleman & Reece not being in the greatest of form this year, the batting does look very fragile though.