Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

To be honest, I’ve been out all day, but looking at the scorecard, it seems like the seam bowlers are leaking runs and Godleman already doesn’t want to bowl them, so poor Watt and Thomson are going to be bowled into the ground. 

Again, bowlers going at 4/5 runs an over doesn’t matter with the follow on. I've heard the arguments for batting again, but I don't buy any of them. For me, all it did was move all of the pressure from the Sussex players onto the Derbyshire players. If they come out and bat for 4 sessions they deserve a draw, you shake hands and say well played.

18 minutes ago, Reverend said:

If this ends in defeat there has to be some serious questions asked.

Godlemon's captaincy and form are in doubt surely.

I’ve mentioned it before, but I don’t know of any obvious captain options. Du Plooy maybe? His red ball form isn’t great either.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve mentioned it before, but I don’t know of any obvious captain options. Du Plooy maybe? His red ball form isn’t great either.

Madsen until end of season? Obviously a temporary appointment.

Masood - doing well in T20?

2 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Madsen until end of season? Obviously a temporary appointment.

Masood - doing well in T20?

Not sure how keen Madsen would be to do it, it went to Critchley last season when Billy “took a break” I don’t think he enjoyed doing it when he did it before.

The problem with Masood is he misses the next 3 games.

You have to think the decision was made between BG and MA, but either way, Godleman for his play alone should be nowhere near this team for the rest of the season.

If we fail to achieve promotion due to this (impending) loss...

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

This is going to go down as one of the weirdest decisions made ever.

Have we won yet ? If we had of asked them to bat again we would have got a draw, not a win the way they have batted. Fair play to them but a very bad day at the office for us…