Strange goings on.....

Wolfie

Had several over the years, but here's 4 of the best:

1.  Was round my cousins, on my own in their dining room playing on their pool table. Everyone else was in the lounge watching TV. Bent down to take a shot & a freezing cold wall of air passed over me such that I could see my breath when I breathed out.  I rushed out into the dark hallway and caught a glimpse of a small hazy blue light up their stairs. I burst into the lounge, saying what had happened. They calmly said "Oh that'll be Flo, she pops up every now and then". Turns out Flo was the name of a woman who'd killed herself in the bath some 80 years previously (Victorian house). 

2. Was at work in London (nr Lombard Street). Popped out around 3pm for a coffee.  As I left the building I caught sight of a woman in an old black & white pinafore style dress, wearing a white lace looking bonnet turn into the alley I was about to cut through.  Strange woman I thought.  I turned into the alley right after her to find it empty. No doors or other exits. 

3. A colleague and I were working late one night. We were the only 2 in the building (later confirmed by security as we'd had to apply for late access and the building was unmanned as security were based in the office next door). Around 9pm we caught a glimpse of someone going across the offices at the end of the room.  "Who was that" my colleague asked "No idea, security maybe, doing a sweep, but then where are they as there's nowhere to go?" Just then we heard heavy footsteps slowly coming down the room toward us, getting closer and closer. "WTF?!" exclaimed my colleague as she grabbed my arm in fear (which bolstered my manly protectiveness). The footsteps literally came right up to where we sat. The air felt really heavy. I turned and said simply "Hello". Then everything kind of cleared.  Very weird.  We decided to pack up and went to the pub. She refused to work lates ever again. 

4. Earlier this year, I lost Bilbo, my cat of 19 years.  3 months ago we replaced him with 3 kittens, one of whom is a black short-hair like my old cat.  Only 2 weeks ago, pulled up at the house in the car, started reversing into the drive and at the same time, both my youngest and I commented that Scooby (the new black cat) was sitting on the hallway window sill just like Bilbo used to. As I pulled in, he got up, walked along the sill and jumped down, to wait behind the door, just like Bilbo used to.  "I thought you shut the hallway doors" says my wife. " I did" I replied. Sure enough, opening the front door, no cat, and both doors firmly shut.  Opened one, and there's our 3 cats sitting looking at us.  So who was the black cat my daughter and I clearly saw....? 

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

They say children are more open to this kind of stuff....

Yeah I've seen some research about this stuff , and the related concept of imaginary friends that children often have. 

It's thought to be hallucinations that some kids have due to their brains developing rapidly.

My sister and her husband were sitting at home on the sofa watching TV when they both clearly saw John's dad, Leonard, standing in their bay window. Leonard had died recently and his wife, Ruth, was trying to sort out his financial affairs which were quite complicated. John phoned his mum the next day to see how she was and she was very tearful and said she was really struggling and could they come down and help her sort things out. Neither my sister or my brother-in-law are given to flights of fantasy and we like to think that this was Leonard's way of looking after Ruth.

When my lad was little we bought him one of those push along trollies to help him learn to walk like below - 

As you might be able to see from the pic it has a very deliberate sliding on/ off switch that can’t be easily knocked.

One early morning it woke me and the missus up playing music in the spare room. I walked in the turn in off only to find it was already turned off!! A few weeks later my missus got a knock at the door and it was the daughter of the lady we bought our house off. She said she was sorry to disturb her but her mother had recently passed away and one of her wishes for the funeral was to drive past the house. My missus said no problem and remembered an old pic we found while decorating our bedroom, and wondered if she knew who it was.  Turns out it was a picture of this lady’s sister, who died, when she was only a few years old, in the spare room ???

9F16874F-C4C1-4C7A-B68E-F040D3381F62.jpeg