Strange goings on.....

Wolfie

I'm curious but healthily sceptical about spirits & the like, but there have been a couple of incidents recently that have been a little bit spooky....

1. I have a metal folding phone holder thing on my desk in the office, and a few times last week I've been working and heard a thud at the side of me, as my phone has ended up out of the holder and lay on the desk. I tried to replicate it by deliberately not putting the phone in it properly etc but I couldn't make it happen. It hasn't happened at all before then - or this week, but.....

2. I also have a small battery powered clock and weather station. Yesterday afternoon it started beeping and the clock re-set itself to midnight. OK, I thought, there has been some glitch with it, or the batteries are going. Then I noticed that the date had changed - but not to 1st Jan, as you might expect, but instead to my birthday - which is in mid March. The batteries are fine.

Mrs Wolfie is convinced that someone is urgently trying to make contact with me in the last couple of weeks.....

Anyone else got any spookys to share?

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I'm curious but healthily sceptical about spirits & the like, but there have been a couple of incidents recently that have been a little bit spooky....

1. I have a metal folding phone holder thing on my desk in the office, and a few times last week I've been working and heard a thud at the side of me, as my phone has ended up out of the holder and lay on the desk. I tried to replicate it by deliberately not putting the phone in it properly etc but I couldn't make it happen. It hasn't happened at all before then - or this week, but.....

2. I also have a small battery powered clock and weather station. Yesterday afternoon it started beeping and the clock re-set itself to midnight. OK, I thought, there has been some glitch with it, or the batteries are going. Then I noticed that the date had changed - but not to 1st Jan, as you might expect, but instead to my birthday - which is in mid March. The batteries are fine.

Mrs Wolfie is convinced that someone is urgently trying to make contact with me in the last couple of weeks.....

Anyone else got any spookys to share?

The clock resetting to your birthday is creepy as all heck...

11 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

@Wolfie

Did you originally get the weather station thing, and set it up, on your birthday?

I've had it a while but it was one of those impulse £10 or so Amazon purchases. Definitely not a birthday present.

I've replaced the batteries a couple of times since I've had it, so that may have been on my birthday. But.....I almost never work on my birthday and my clock has always lived on my desk, having been delivered to me at work, so this would be very unlikely.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I've had it a while but it was one of those impulse £10 or so Amazon purchases. Definitely not a birthday present.

I've replaced the batteries a couple of times since I've had it, so that may have been on my birthday. But.....I almost never work on my birthday and my clock has always lived on my desk, having been delivered to me at work, so this would be very unlikely.

Oh well. Just a thought that maybe it was re setting itself to the date it started working.

That's it then. It's definitely someone trying to communicate with you !

01001001 00100000 01101011 01101110 01101111 01110111 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01010111 01101111 01101100 01100110 01101001 01100101 00101110

30 minutes ago, Anon said:

01001001 00100000 01101011 01101110 01101111 01110111 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01010111 01101111 01101100 01100110 01101001 01100101 00101110

Weird. That's not what I posted. Maybe the website is playing up?

My sister was hoovering in the office of a very spooky building when she was pushed so hard on her back that she fell over the hoover! The room was very cold and unfriendly and she had a bad feeling about going into it. The office staff all left at the same time as each other and no one would work there alone. My sister left straight away and never went back. She said that the encounter was pure malevolence and evil and not in the slightest bit mischievous. My sister is the sanest person I know.

27 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

I have undertaken rigorous research recently into Ghosts through the medium of TV and am of the opinion that you are being haunted by a trouserless ex politician!

This could be the longest game of guess who ever.

Do they have blond hair?

Long ago i shared a house with many residents.  i was standing midway up the stairway chatting with a guy when i saw what i thought was a female resident walk down the hallway on the ground floor.  i called her name twice but she didn't turn around, so i chased after her and was maybe 3 meters from the figure when she turned into the room at the end of the hallway, which incidentally was the room that woman i thought it was resided in.  i was in there 2 seconds behind her, but no one was in the room and the woman in question had been on the top floor the whole time.  Thinking about it after, i realized the figure had a hood halfway over the face and didn't really walk down the hall, but floated.

i hear bumps in the house quite often, have become used to it, but when it gets loud and repetitive i call out, what the heck do you want and it stops for a bit.

They say children are more open to this kind of stuff....

When my daughter was about 3, she was on the garden swing, which faces the house, and I was watching her from the patio. Suddenly she stopped, looked up at her bedroom window and gave a massive smile - like it was someone she knew really well up there. I assumed that Mrs Wolfie had come home, so went upstairs and nobody was in the house. Front door locked as always.

When I asked Miss Wolfie what she'd seen, she just said, matter-of-factly, that "he" was smiling and waving from her bedroom. She couldn't tell me who "he" was or properly describe him but that she had seen him quite often and he was always nice.

Mrs Wolfie is more into this stuff than me but she has been told in the past (prior to this story above happening) that her first husband (deceased) often comes to visit and he likes being around my daughter.

She's now nearly 9 and we've had nothing else spooky around her until about 3 months ago, when she was having trouble getting to sleep for a while, which was making her get upset and eventually after a few days, said it was because "the children are playing too noisily and running around in the spare room". In desperation, Mrs Wolfie told her she needed to be firm and tell them to stop. Which she did and she's been fine again since.

I still remember being in the large kitchen at work, on my own, and looking over to the kettle. As I watched, the switch at the base of the kettle moved down (a couple of centimetres) entirely on its own, turning the kettle on. I was freaked out at the time, but I guess there was some sort of short circuit that caused it.

That said I can seem to have an affect on electrical equipment around me. For instance, when I'm in an emotional state, streetlights often go off as I pass underneath them while walking up a road. That's something calling "sliding" which I find interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference_phenomenon

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I still remember being in the large kitchen at work, on my own, and looking over to the kettle. As I watched, the switch at the base of the kettle moved down (a couple of centimetres) entirely on its own, turning the kettle on. I was freaked out at the time, but I guess there was some sort of short circuit that caused it.

That said I can seem to have an affect on electrical equipment around me. For instance, when I'm in an emotional state, streetlights often go off as I pass underneath them while walking up a road. That's something calling "sliding" which I find interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference_phenomenon

Yep, that used to happen to me quite often, but not as much anymore.  We are electromagnetic creatures, it makes sense that the output can intensify under agitated conditions.  i blew one out once, that was interesting and pissed me off even more.

Radios don't work well around me though and i get problems with my computer which the experts say cannot happen and yet it does.  My cellphone turns on it's camera by itself and does other odd things, but that's probably some spooks rather than other spooks heh.

12 hours ago, Rev said:

This could be the longest game of guess who ever.

Do they have blond hair?

You’re good at this ?

On a more serious note my Mother was a big believer in ghosts and told the tale of being in her first home when married which used to be part of a coaching inn. One early evening she was alone in the house when she saw a figure at the top of the stairs. She was thinking my father had returned home without her knowing when just then he walked through the door. When she turned back round the figure had vanished.

She also told me she had seen a Roundhead soldier at the window of a bedroom in her parents house. It did not help a certain 6 year old child get to sleep alone in that very room when visiting. I put it all down to her being Welsh.