Recovering 21pts: is it possible?

TigerTedd

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The EFL wanted Derby to get a points deduction - we have 12 currently - job done because without their involvement we wouldn’t  have had the 12 as we would have been sold off and everyone paid and no one made redundant. 

The EFL openly stated they wanted Derby to be relegated - they have severely restricted us recruiting suitability  / properly or even playing some of our own Academy lads - so basically job done.

If the EFL want to punish us further for using our method of amortisation which was perfectly legal and  Rick Parry at the EFL has already said he wants Amortisation taken out of the P&S calculations then the EFL can simply impose a suspended point deduction on that front and they can say it’s finished with and we can move on - they can also give us back the £100,000 fine.

the EFL point of view would be-

- DCFC are in admininistration because the owner didnt want to continue funding the club and because they have significant debt

- the EFL were worries about the clubs ability to pay going forward hence the embargo which enabled them to have less debt

- The P&S penalty is due to not meeting the debt rules and not the £100k fine.  

If we stay up with a 12 point deduction we will have done something no one else has done, any more than that is like giving Usain Bolt a 20 yard head start  and expecting to beat him.

I think we will have a decent stab at the 12 and might do it (injuries are my big worry) but more than that we are in major trouble.

One thing for the EFL to think about is that if we have no hope of staying up then we might as well prepare for L1 and play all of the youngsters and make sure we dont have major injuries. That would seriously affect the outcome of the championship.  

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Certainly there’s a faction that wants us relegated. As much as that they wanted MM to lose his shirt - which he has 

but when did the EFl openly state this ? 

The EFL had it in one of its press releases 

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

If we stay up with a 12 point deduction we will have done something no one else has done, any more than that is like giving Usain Bolt a 20 yard head start  and expecting to beat him.

I think we will have a decent stab at the 12 and might do it (injuries are my big worry) but more than that we are in major trouble.

One thing for the EFL to think about is that if we have no hope of staying up then we might as well prepare for L1 and play all of the youngsters and make sure we dont have major injuries. That would seriously affect the outcome of the championship.  

And play all the youngsters is exactly what we should do and prepare properly for league one - the results of the games in the championship become an irrelevance to us and so what if it unbalances the league because the league has already been imbalanced 

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Bournemouth stayed up with a 17 deduction didn't they..albeit in League 2...but goes to show what is possible..

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

The EFL had it in one of its press releases 

They wanted a points deduction for us last season , which would have relegated us and even when the IDC said no they actually published an alternative fixtures list for this year... until their lawyers and even a few journos told them not to be so silly.

But its hard to see EFL not getting their way this time.

If 21 points is given the efl are guilty of ending derbys existence as a football club.

9 more points in my opinion guarantees relegation and with current debt, no new owners, so liquidation.

The administrators are tasked with stopping that, otherwise they just liquidate the club.

If the club owned both the ground and the training ground, received 9 points and were relegated I can still a buyer coming in for the club.