Non-League Football

Day

2 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Belper promoted after winning the play off final….get in you nailers

We all live for a yellow football team a yellow football team a yellow football team!

Beeelper Toooooown! belper town, belper town Belper Town!

Jolly well done.

At the 3rd attempt (previous 2 seasons cancelled when they were top) my local non league team won promotion. At that level it's difficult to hold onto our best players for even a season but the management team made changes where needed. We will do well to keep them for next season.

Gotta feel for Chesterfield (at least I do). They were flying until their manager did something naughty and got sacked. Now there's a good chance they could miss out on the playoffs - or even at best, go into them with very poor form.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Gotta feel for Chesterfield (at least I do). They were flying until their manager did something naughty and got sacked. Now there's a good chance they could miss out on the playoffs - or even at best, go into them with very poor form.

They lost their top scorer who was flying. Small margins.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I was there yesterday and it was an almost 10k crowd and cracking atmosphere. As @Boycie says, they lost Tshimanga to injury in February and he is still the leagues top scorer which speaks volumes how important he is to them. Having said that they seem bereft of confidence in their play at the moment and are hanging onto the playoffs by their fingernails.

As a general point, the National League has been very competitive and entertaining this season