Love Island

DarkFruitsRam7

9 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Love Island could be fun trash TV if they weren't all fake plastic wannabe celebrities. I'd say the last 5-10 years we've tried to promote positive body image and showing girls how a natural look is beautiful. All the women on that show have had at least one surgery. The majority of them have them lip filters. The men have six packs, teeth whitening kits, the same fade haircuts. It's horrible. 

Get some realistic down to earth people in there. I dont want to see fame hungry people looking for a boo hoo or jacamo endorsement deal.

Yeah  at least on something like Naked Attraction (I don't watch it per se just see clips on other shows) you get all sorts of people, although I supposed there's a binding narcissism across both shows.

LI is another one of those shows where people who have no need to go on any sort of 'dating' show but do so just to show off - just like those who can afford to spend £500k in a house but for down reason need expert advice - they probably give some sort of sob story of being single for, what, a year, two years (by single they mean shagged about 8 people but haven't entered into a relationship) but...

I dunno, never ever seen an episode, never wanted to see an episode and if I'm in an office and people start talking about it I'll make a very obvious point of sticking some earphones in and ignoring the conversation until they appear to have shut the duck up about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

The girls would look nice but have have the strange "bloated lips" look. Not sure why this is a common thing. Don't see many (if at all) local women with those lips but seems to be common among celebs, youtubers, insta types etc. Never seen an episode just a few clips

On 31/07/2021 at 12:58, SouthStandDan said:

Love Island could be fun trash TV if they weren't all fake plastic wannabe celebrities. I'd say the last 5-10 years we've tried to promote positive body image and showing girls how a natural look is beautiful. All the women on that show have had at least one surgery. The majority of them have them lip filters. The men have six packs, teeth whitening kits, the same fade haircuts. It's horrible. 

Get some realistic down to earth people in there. I dont want to see fame hungry people looking for a boo hoo or jacamo endorsement deal.

I've never watched (BAFTA-winning) Love Island, but surely every bloke has six packs and whitened teeth nowadays? If not you need to get with the programme.