World of crypto

NottsRam77

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I get how removing the scammers etc. from the market is a good thing for the more reputable currencies but my point is that stories like this are likely to tarnish the whole market as those of us (the overwhelming majority IMO) that don't really understand it are quite likely to tar all cryptos with the same brush. We will therefore take some serious convincing before we'll embrace it which, surely can't be a brilliant thing for bitcoin other than in the very long term. Being decentralised and not controlled by anyone doesn't really give any comfort of its safety to the vast majority of the world's population that are ignorant of how it all works.

Long term its brilliant .. sure short term its not

depends on what timescales ur talking about. 

Gaining comfort is about educating people, but that will take years , decades. 

imo its a generational thing and it probably wont be in mine and yours even though its making giant step from where it came from

you have to remember the uk and most of europe is very protected despite the current inflation and cost of living crisis from currency debasement against the dollar. Many other countries around the world arnt. So while its not something jo public here needs to give a hoot about other people around the world have to be more aware of what options are out there for them financially 

Edited by NottsRam77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

interesting read and a better explanation than i could ever give as to what bitcoin is and it should (and is in the usa) categorised as. More importantly explains why it should be treated and regulated differently to cryptocurrencies 

Cheers - a good article. This line stood out

Bitcoin is the first successful global digital currency, and today by far the largest with the strongest network effects. It is also the only one which is credibly neutral and fair: globally distributed and not controlled by any authority or small group, its transparent governance rules cannot be arbitrarily or easily changed.

This strikes as both it's biggest plus and it's greatest flaw. Those in power will do all that they can to ensure a neutral, fair, uncontrollable currency will never become established. BTC has been around long enough now for it to have become a useable currency, but still it flounders as something that people don't trust and is not readily accepted in the mainstream anywhere for payment

I don't know how it gets over that hurdle. Probably off the back of a bloody revolution at a guess

10 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Cheers - a good article. This line stood out

This strikes as both it's biggest plus and it's greatest flaw. Those in power will do all that they can to ensure a neutral, fair, uncontrollable currency will never become established. BTC has been around long enough now for it to have become a useable currency, but still it flounders as something that people don't trust and is not readily accepted in the mainstream anywhere for payment

I don't know how it gets over that hurdle. Probably off the back of a bloody revolution at a guess

adoption is happening … 

“For example, it is already offered as a financial investment by two of the three largest global investment management firms, Blackrock and Fidelity”

if that isnt acceptance into the financial system what is ?

with total utter respect .. bitcoin is still in its infancy… its still being issued.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

adoption is happening … 

“For example, it is already offered as a financial investment by two of the three largest global investment management firms, Blackrock and Fidelity”

if that isnt acceptance into the financial system what is ?

As a financial investment maybe - because the financial institutions would be daft not to get involved in it as a tool to increase wealth. But that's all just around its purpose as a speculative wealth generator in the same vein as stocks and shares.

I'm talking about it becoming  a widely adopted currency.  Governments can't control it, so I strongly suspect that they will do all they can to stop it happening

15 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

As a financial investment maybe - because the financial institutions would be daft not to get involved in it as a tool to increase wealth. But that's all just around its purpose as a speculative wealth generator in the same vein as stocks and shares.

I'm talking about it becoming  a widely adopted currency.  Governments can't control it, so I strongly suspect that they will do all they can to stop it happening

As a widely adopted currency used in everyday transactions, its miles away. As i said not in mine or your lifetime. 

But as a store of value and recognised hedge against inflation then its already happening.

Gold isnt used in daily transactions bit is a recognised asset class.

the true amount of gold is unknown… its supply may run out tomorrow it may continue to be mined for the next million years.

bitcoins rate of supply is not only diminishing but finite which will create scarcity.. which will protect its value as an asset long term 

Edited by NottsRam77

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But.......I can buy potatoes with it ............. and onions 

Not what its there for atm but im sure in time u will 

but be sure to remember if inflation of our regular centrally controlled and manipulated currencies carries on as it is then said one potaoe will cost u about £15 😂😭😭

Edited by NottsRam77

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Massive day for any XRP holders today

they have just won their 2 year case against the SEC 

imagine theyll be a bit of a subsequent surge now for a bit

Someone at work was telling us about this today, made a bit already and she isn't sure if she should cash out yet or not 

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s “surged” already today hasn’t it?

Yes , went from something around 0.45 wicked up to 0.95 cents then settled back at circa 0.82

now cooling off around the 0.77 mark while it waits for its moving averages to catch up 

i actually hold some xrp from all the way back in 2019 (bought the top like a prat lol) 

and am kinda undecided how i feel about yesturdays SEC decision.

while its good for crypto (altcoins), public sentiment, adoption and opens up the american market by basically sticking a bit f u up at the regulating bodies 

imo its bad in the big big picture. As it allows all the pump and dump scam coins and centralised tokens that can be rugged in a heartbeat to carry on unchallenged 

so a mixed bag imo 

13 hours ago, David said:

Someone at work was telling us about this today, made a bit already and she isn't sure if she should cash out yet or not 

Thats the magic question 

i dont know the answer

i own some .. not a lot but some

i Bought in 2019 at the top like a prat, so that holding of it is well down. I also bought some about a year ago at about 0.44 cents so thats up so overall im probably about even .

personally im not selling anything until after the bull run

as iv said previously, btc halving is due early next year and the usually something around a further 6 months (historically) we get the bull run and the fun begins 

obviously history is only history and gurentees nothing

xrp is the only crap coin i now hold and i topped it up to bring my dollar cost average down.

Becuase of its battle with the SEC its price has been hammered as it got delisted off exchanges and investment portfolios 

if / when it starts being readded to the aformentioned i think its got a lot of legs 

it was at one time the second biggest by market cap.. more than eth 

but it will be interesting to watch and see it play out if nothing else 

Theyre just my think out aloud thoughts lol (not financial advice ) 

Edited by NottsRam77

• 2 weeks later...