World of crypto

NottsRam77

49 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Whereas a bit coin worth £32,815 twelve months ago would only be worth £22,563 - a 30% drop.

And about a month ago it was worth 15500 and now its 28,000

go back 4 years 2019 it was worth 19k … as i said today its worth 28k having hit all time high of 69k from 19k 

whats the pound or dollar done in 4 years?

Thats right lost value spectacularly   And for it to recover we would have to have deflation…. Best of luck with that 😂😂

where as btc is sat at 28k preparing for its  next bull run… its halving (historically preceeds  a bull run) due late this year / early 2024 …. And were already nearly at half its time high.

id snap ur hands off to be at anything near 35k by end of the year.

full bull run circa 24/25…. I for one cant wait

But feel free to stick with fiat currency while the goverments around the world inflate it to peanuts lol

Edited by NottsRam77

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And about a month ago it was worth 15500 and now its 28,000

go back 4 years 2019 it was worth 19k … as i said today its worth 28k having hit all time high of 69k from 19k 

whats the pound or dollar done in 4 years?

Thats right lost value spectacularly   And for it to recover we would have to have deflation…. Best of luck with that 😂😂

where as btc is sat at 28k preparing for its  next bull run… its halving (historically preceeds  a bull run) due late this year / early 2024 …. And were already nearly at half its time high.

id snap ur hands off to be at anything near 35k by end of the year.

full bull run circa 24/25…. I for one cant wait

But feel free to stick with fiat currency while the goverments around the world inflate it to peanuts lol

Being a risk averse individual, when it comes to the value/spending power of my income and savings, between inflation and speculators inflation feels like the lesser of two evils.

Besides which, as per my other post, how would bitcoin eliminate the cost of goods and services going up (I.e. inflation)?

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

@NottsRam77 This is a stupid, genuine and innocent question as I don't really get it.

You seem to be pointing to inflation as one of the problems with the current system. Leaving aside it's current volatility and assuming it's value was stable, what would stop an item costing 1 bitcoin twelve months ago wouldn't cost 1.1 bitcoins today? I'm sure there must be an obvious answer. 

Its a good and fair question.

Its really more a question / chat over a beer tbh cos the answer is so vast.

the anti inflation is only part of it, theres a lot more to it than that

But Btc imo.. and its only my opinion is a longterm hedge against inflation and way to protect the value of my money

week to week, month to month its volatile as hell… but over the period of years do i want to put my investments in a fiat bank account we’re im getting 1/2/3% when at best im still below or equal to historical inflation and worst im miles behind it or do i want to invest in something that over its history has gone up exponentially throughout its 4 yearly cycles. 

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Being a risk averse individual, when it comes to the value/spending power of my income and savings, between inflation and speculators inflation feels like the lesser of two evils.

Besides which, as per my other post, how would bitcoin eliminate the cost of goods and services going up (I.e. inflation)?

Oh i totally get that, im not advocating anyone putting money they havent got into this, especially the way things are cost of living etc

i havent put anymore in for a while cos nursery basically fleeces all my money atm

Answer to ur question.

no central power controls it simply.

it cant be moved, bent, inflated, deflated, increased, decreased… its transactions can be viewed by anyone anywhere in the world.

We live in a world where we are trained to assume that everything goes up in price… ask yourself why that is ?

not asking that in an arsey way, genuine question to u 🙂 👍

Edited by NottsRam77

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh i totally get that, im not advocating anyone putting money they havent got into this, especially the way things are cost of living etc

i havent put anymore in for a while cos nursery basically fleeces all my money atm

Answer to ur question.

no central power controls it simply.

it cant be moved, bent, inflated, deflated, increased, decreased… its transactions can be viewed by anyone anywhere in the world.

We live in a world where we are trained to assume that everything goes up in price… ask yourself why that is ?

not asking that in an arsey way, genuine question to u 🙂 👍

No worries, I didn’t read it as an arsey question but it’s not one anyone can answer.

Surely it’s value can go up or down (as it does) which in my mind is inflation/deflation of it’s value but this time driven by market forces and speculators rather than central powers.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No worries, I didn’t read it as an arsey question but it’s not one anyone can answer.

Surely it’s value can go up or down (as it does) which in my mind is inflation/deflation of it’s value but this time driven by market forces and speculators rather than central powers.

It does indeed go up and down over short to mid time frames. Quite scarily at times lol

but over the long term its gone up, not least because its supply is finite and reducing every four years which helps its intrinsic value as demand outstrips supply (over the longer time frames 

• 4 weeks later...

another example of our wonderful debt based system where fictitious money is lent out by banks that they dont hold.  They over expose themselves. Taking huge profits when times are good but when it all goes tits up joe public foots the bill as the government will borrow more made up money to solve the problem… and we wonder why we have inflation and no money.

When the bank of england guy said we have to accept we’re going to be poorer …. He wasnt wrong … Ironcially its the average person who suffers not the ones that cause this 

edit: first republic bank is the next bank thats about to be bailed out 

I’m filling my toe in here, I may yet live to regret it. Just scanning back through a few posts and I have no idea what’s going on, I don’t understand any of this, so please be gentle. 

I bought some VOXEL on the advice of a friend who’s brother created it as part of a game he’s developed. I thought what better tule to invest in a new cryptocurrency than when I have some insider knowledge from the guy who made it? How can I possibly loose?

I got it though Binance, which he’d got his through. 

Now I’ve had an email to say they’re stopping the trading pairs of VOXEL/BNB. I’ve asked my friend if that means I should do something, and he’s said he transferred his VOXEL to crypto.com a while ago, but I have no idea what that means. Or how I go about moving my money from Binance to Crypto.com. 

Meanwhile, it’s caused me to check it (I’ve been happy to leave it bubbling away in the background, I’d go insane if I was checking every day). And I don’t really know what any of this means:

Does it mean that my 496 voxel (which I bought for about a grand) is worth approximately 22 cents? If that’s true, it’s probably not been my best investment. But my mate seems quite chipper about it all, and he’s got more than me wrapped up in it, so maybe I’m reading this wrong. 

IMG_0181.jpeg

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m filling my toe in here, I may yet live to regret it. Just scanning back through a few posts and I have no idea what’s going on, I don’t understand any of this, so please be gentle. 

I bought some VOXEL on the advice of a friend who’s brother created it as part of a game he’s developed. I thought what better tule to invest in a new cryptocurrency than when I have some insider knowledge from the guy who made it? How can I possibly loose?

I got it though Binance, which he’d got his through. 

Now I’ve had an email to say they’re stopping the trading pairs of VOXEL/BNB. I’ve asked my friend if that means I should do something, and he’s said he transferred his VOXEL to crypto.com a while ago, but I have no idea what that means. Or how I go about moving my money from Binance to Crypto.com. 

Meanwhile, it’s caused me to check it (I’ve been happy to leave it bubbling away in the background, I’d go insane if I was checking every day). And I don’t really know what any of this means:

Does it mean that my 496 voxel (which I bought for about a grand) is worth approximately 22 cents? If that’s true, it’s probably not been my best investment. But my mate seems quite chipper about it all, and he’s got more than me wrapped up in it, so maybe I’m reading this wrong. 

It depends when you bought it - the peak of Voxel was about £2.75 per Voxel but it's now £0.18p per voxel and has been down there a while. If you paid £1k for 496 then you must have paid around the £2 mark. So your £1k is now worth around £90 if you wanted to cash out. 

image.thumb.png.51f1341958450b32284cc71ffd0a8bcc.png

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Binance don't seem to be rating its chances of going up any time soon. They think it might reach £0.85 by 2050..

https://www.binance.com/en/price-prediction/voxies

image.thumb.png.9a00f50886d94b0d653726927e55f146.png

But you’re saying it will go up. That’s positive news. I can wait. 

to be fair, i considered it lost as soon as I bought it. So even if I cash out now for £90, it’s £90 I didn’t have yesterday. 

But i might as well wait, even if it crashes to zero, it’s only £90 I’ve lost now. 

so how do I put it into crypto.com. Or is it literally a case of cashing it all out and then opting to buy more voxel with crypto.com instead. (In which case, I’d probably keep the £90 and put it all down to misadventure and a lesson learnt).

Or should I even bother? My mate has done that because he gets cash back from using their card, but I don’t understand ir well enough to take any sort of risk or faff for the sake of 1%. I get that from my Amex anyway. So I won’t bother with that.

Am I better off just leaving it where it is til 2050?

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

to be fair, i considered it lost as soon as I bought it. So even if I cash out now for £90, it’s £90 I didn’t have yesterday. 

But i might as well wait, even if it crashes to zero, it’s only £90 I’ve lost now. 

so how do I put it into crypto.com. Or is it literally a case of cashing it all out and then opting to buy more voxel with crypto.com instead. (In which case, I’d probably keep the £90 and put it all down to misadventure and a lesson learnt).

Or should I even bother? My mate has done that because he gets cash back from using their card, but I don’t understand ir well enough to take any sort of risk or faff for the sake of 1%. I get that from my Amex anyway. So I won’t bother with that.

I don't think anyone is saying it WILL go up. It just looks like a prediction to me. How anyone can predict the value of such an asset in 27 years time is beyond me.

32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Or should I even bother?

First of all Binance and Crypto.com are both crypto exchange platforms that hold your wallet for you, so unless you trust one more than the other then there doesn't seem a deal of point in moving your VOXEL assets from one wallet to the other

You said that Binance have stopped the trading pairs of VOXEL/BNB, but that doesn't really matter to you given what else you've said. BNB is the Binance Coin - so a crypto asset owned and run by Binance. If you have no intention of converting your VOXEL to BNB then it's of no concern

Howver - I guess if Binance no longer want to trade their own BNB for Voxel, then I suspect this confirms that they believe VOXEL to be junk coin now. I guess the dudes who started it up, did the hard sell and got a load of people to buy it have done OK, as have Binance but mostly these fringe cryptocoins all end up junk. Ask yourself who now has the £910 that you spent on VOXEL. Where is it?

I'm glad you seem cool about your losses, that's a plus. I'm the sort who also wouldn't invest money I couldn't afford to lose, but you have to feel sorry for the people who have gambled on crypto and lost much more than a grand

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

First of all Binance and Crypto.com are both crypto exchange platforms that hold your wallet for you, so unless you trust one more than the other then there doesn't seem a deal of point in moving your VOXEL assets from one wallet to the other

You said that Binance have stopped the trading pairs of VOXEL/BNB, but that doesn't really matter to you given what else you've said. BNB is the Binance Coin - so a crypto asset owned and run by Binance. If you have no intention of converting your VOXEL to BNB then it's of no concern

Howver - I guess if Binance no longer want to trade their own BNB for Voxel, then I suspect this confirms that they believe VOXEL to be junk coin now. I guess the dudes who started it up, did the hard sell and got a load of people to buy it have done OK, as have Binance but mostly these fringe cryptocoins all end up junk. Ask yourself who now has the £910 that you spent on VOXEL. Where is it?

I'm glad you seem cool about your losses, that's a plus. I'm the sort who also wouldn't invest money I couldn't afford to lose, but you have to feel sorry for the people who have gambled on crypto and lost much more than a grand

Cool. I’ll leave it where it is then. I did think that probably wasn’t a good sign, but I was worried that they were just going to wipe it out or something. I probably should have sold it all a week later and made £400, that was the maximum I could’ve made.

My mates brother is loaded though. And he’s just released another set of NFTs a couple of months ago.

I don’t get any of this though. It’s like hot potato. Surely no one buys an not to put it on their mantle piece. They buy it to hopefully sell it at a higher price, but someone is going to be left holding the potato when the price crashes, and then they can’t do anything with it but out it on their mantle piece (and you can’t even do that with an NFT).

I got the money as part of a £50000 loan. I’ll be paying it back forever, but that £1000 is only a tiny part of my monthly repayment. I would’ve only spent it on something stupid anyway, like food, or petrol. 

On 03/05/2023 at 13:46, TigerTedd said:

Ur better off dumping it and any other shitcoin buddy

bar ethereum evey other altcoin falls to zero against bitcoin.

All the other coins either are scams, rug pulls or centralised and controlled by an individual or collection of individuals who can manipulate it as they see fit…. ironically just like our own fiat financial system, controlled by a small minority to the detriment to so many 

bitcoin is the only one that isnt controlled by any one individual, its supply cant be inflated to suit. No one can turn it off, no one can control it 

dont buy shitcoins u will get stung hunting that next 200x coin 

Not financial advice for infomation purposes only do with it as u will

The btc halving is early circa 2024 … check the charts what happens to it after the halving histroically.

Im buying, putting it in cold storage and switching off til end of 2024 start of 2025

Edited by NottsRam77

Some macro economics to start the day with.

also the reason as to why imo its safer to keep you money in fixed assets, things of a finiite supply, gold , property, bitcoin.

although strictly speaking no one knows the actual supply of gold as we’re still mining it .. and its in the ground so its all guesswork….. and properpty .. well demand is always v high right but they keep building, so thats not finite… but it is a safe investment historically

if only there was an asset with defined total supply that couldnt be tampered with by individuals or goverments to suit their political needs and agenda ? 😉 

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some macro economics to start the day with.

also the reason as to why imo its safer to keep you money in fixed assets, things of a finiite supply, gold , property, bitcoin.

although strictly speaking no one knows the actual supply of gold as we’re still mining it .. and its in the ground so its all guesswork….. and properpty .. well demand is always v high right but they keep building, so thats not finite… but it is a safe investment historically

if only there was an asset with defined total supply that couldnt be tampered with by individuals or goverments to suit their political needs and agenda ? 😉 

Keep banging the drum @NottsRam77. Eventually you might find a few more people that are convinced. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Keep banging the drum @NottsRam77. Eventually you might find a few more people that are convinced. 

Im not trying to convince anyone buddy … im just providing infomation to do with as u choose.

if u dont like it ignore it, other might be interested to know whats happening to the pound in their pocket. 

peace

Edited by NottsRam77