Worst case scenario

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes.

Would you rather we went down with a large squad full of overpaid journeymen then?

Starting from scratch is no bad thing, under the right owner & manager, people have been moaning about having a bloated squad of overpaid average players for years!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Would you rather we went down with a large squad full of overpaid journeymen then?

Starting from scratch is no bad thing, under the right owner & manager, people have been moaning about having a bloated squad of overpaid average players for years!

There’s plenty of decent league 1 players out of contract in the summer that the club should look at.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Oh right it was a choice then? Go down with the squad we have or go down with a squad of overpaid journeymen?

Obviously. Rammy was worrying about us having to rebuild from our starting base of a threadbare squad was he not? It's a much more preferable base to start from in my book.

Just now, Carnero said:

Obviously. Rammy was worrying about us having to rebuild from our starting base of a threadbare squad was he not? It's a much more preferable base to start from in my book.

At least the journeymen would be experienced and have a relegation clause in their wages.

We are drawing and Rovrum are winning, only 1 minute of injury time

Their goalkeeper smashes it into Waggies Arse and it goes in 

We stay up

El Franco comes in with oodles of cash

WR paid off

FL and JM appointed and the 5 year £250M get into Europe plan is announced

Worst case scenario it takes all five years but.... hopefully we can be quicker than that

Glass half full guys - glass half full ?

I’ve been trying to make sense of this season and I can’t. I only end up getting annoyed by just about everything surrounding the club.

I just like to watch Derby so I’ll be renewing next season and I’ll go and take my seat in the SW Upper. 

Just keeping it simple. What ever will be will be. 

I thought the worse case was quite optimistic!

People talking about this fantastic rebuild, it won’t happen if we’re in admin, which has to be talked about with all the financial discussions this season with championship income. It will only be worse in league 1.

Not sure if people actually done their research but only 3 players are out of contract plus 6 loans, 5 of which joined in January and only 2 or 3 have had any impact this season. Sheff Wednesday are in a far better position to ‘rebuild’ than us, huge amounts of players out of contract much closer to a blank slate and the ones left look far more appealing.

Who is really going to buy Tom Lawrence and Craig Forsyth (not the one of years ago, this one with no knees) on their rumoured wages. That’s an entire contract budget for a league 1 club in admin pretty much gone on 2 players you can’t rely on for more than 5 performances a season each. That’s just the start of the problem.

Oh and then the inept inexperienced management team on big money and with even less experience in league 1.

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

No doubt but we are in less of a mess if we win. Relegation would be catastrophic. Stay up and I do believe we can move forwards quickly. 

Moving forward quickly is one thing, but if that means ending up with someone like Alonso in control, quick might not be good. Irrespective of the division we end up in, we need:

Sensible, pragmatic and realistic ownership, capable of putting the clubs finances back on the straight and narrow. 

Football management, coaches and recruiters with experience of building a squad on limited resources.

A short term objective of fielding a competitive team.

Medium term, aim to play decent football and consolidate mid table status.

The long term goal would obviously be promotion, without risking the clubs financial position. 

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

What's this, the Pessimism thread?

Whatever happens tomorrow, this damn awful season finally ends. We're edging out of lockdown. The sun is shining.

New owner, new manager, either way......

This is now a great opportunity to reset.

Let the good times roll again! COYR ? 

happyExcited.gif.98ffdb2ee978569c085ea39780c19d0e.gif

There may even be a new Arthur Cox waiting in the wings. I doubt it, but yer never know.

13 hours ago, Dethorn said:

We are drawing and Rovrum are winning, only 1 minute of injury time

Their goalkeeper smashes it into Waggies Arse and it goes in 

We stay up

El Franco comes in with oodles of cash

WR paid off

FL and JM appointed and the 5 year £250M get into Europe plan is announced

Worst case scenario it takes all five years but.... hopefully we can be quicker than that

Glass half full guys - glass half full ?

Not quite half, I reckon...

200.gif

Archived