Players that it's just not happening for

Donegal Ram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

There comes a point where 'trying' is not enough though and you need some genuine quality. Lawrence is one of the only ones at the club who possess that. Also he hasn't even played under Rooney yet so how do you know he won't 'try'

Why would he try for Rooney? He hasn’t for any other manager. 
Hopefully Wayne sticks to his guns and doesn’t pick him 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Why would he try for Rooney? He hasn’t for any other manager. 
Hopefully Wayne sticks to his guns and doesn’t pick him 

he has in spells under every manager actually, maybe Rooney can be the one to make him more consistent who knows?

It isn't the case of Tom being a great player. It's just he has more end product then the boys currently in the team. 

My critique of Wisdom is solely based on being a dominant centre back. He doesn't have that real physical presence that I think are needed in this league. As a three maybe as also in a back four but tends to get bullied a little at times.

Buchanan is one for the future for sure, but, has become hesitant over the last few games leading to him doing pretty much nothing and games are passing him by. 

6 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

It isn't the case of Tom being a great player. It's just he has more end product then the boys currently in the team. 

My critique of Wisdom is solely based on being a dominant centre back. He doesn't have that real physical presence that I think are needed in this league. As a three maybe as also in a back four but tends to get bullied a little at times.

Buchanan is one for the future for sure, but, has become hesitant over the last few games leading to him doing pretty much nothing and games are passing him by. 

i don't think it's a case of Wisdom being bullied, as he is physically strong. It's more to do with his jumping ability and tendency to switch off for a split second and stand still.

Yes, agree with your point on Buchanan but lets not forget it's his first proper season in professional football and these things can happen with young players. I think we should give Forsyth a run back in the team and take some pressure off Buchanan. 

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Name me 5 good games he has had in 4 years for us.

West Brom away when we won 4-1 

hudderfield away when we won 2-1 

Stoke at home when we won 4-0

ok I got to three can I have a prize?! ??

6 minutes ago, Ramos said:

West Brom away when we won 4-1 

hudderfield away when we won 2-1 

Stoke at home when we won 4-0

ok I got to three can I have a prize?! ??

Yeah, you have my undying admiration... 3 games in 122 appearances....pretty amazing isnt it.!?

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

i would rather have Waghorn and CKR any day of the week, at least both of those try..

and as for ability wise he is the best attacker at the club, you are forgetting we have the greatest ever English attacker in History.....

He was just about the best attacker in the car crash when he smashed into Bennett...just. 

The personal hatred you have against Lawrence is laughable

6 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

The personal hatred you have against Lawrence is laughable

I have no personal hatred towards Lawrence at all, I think he is a rubbish footballer who should have been booted out of the club immediately after getting drunk and smashing his car into another car/lamp post and then fleeing the accident leaving his captain inside the car unable to get out.... 

3 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Huddersfield away 19/20

Middlesbrough home 19/20

Huddersfield home 19/20

Swansea away 19/20

Sheff Wed away 19/20

There's 5 off the top of my head just from last season.

Huddersfield away is the only one that stands out as a decent performance by him...........in 122 games... my dog could have 1 good game in 122....!

49 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Huddersfield away is the only one that stands out as a decent performance by him...........in 122 games... my dog could have 1 good game in 122....!

WHAT!!!!!!!

so out of them 5 games, Middlesbrough home scored both goals in a 2-0 win, Huddersfield home created chance after chance and scored an absolute worldie, Sheff Wed away scored another 2 goals, Swansea away a goal and an assist. And you don't think any of them were good performances?

I could probably look up the results that season and find more than those 5 as well. Plus probably another 15 or so from each of the Lampard and Rowett seasons. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

WHAT!!!!!!!

so out of them 5 games, Middlesbrough home scored both goals in a 2-0 win, Huddersfield home created chance after chance and scored an absolute worldie, Sheff Wed away scored another 2 goals, Swansea away a goal and an assist. And you don't think any of them were good performances?

I could probably look up the results that season and find more than those 5 as well. Plus probably another 15 or so from each of the Lampard and Rowett seasons. 

ha ha ha ha 15 ha ha ha ha h the funniest thing i have ever read..

26 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

WHAT!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

ha ha ha ha 15 ha ha ha ha h the funniest thing i have ever read..

you didn't answer the question

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you didn't answer the question

Sorry I was just taken a back that you thought you could name more than 35 games he had played well in... I struggle to think of 35 minutes!! You are genuinely saying you think he was good in 1 in every 4 games for us? (by the way that is a terrible percentage anyway) but do you really think that he has been?

He was ok in the boro game, the rest, meh.

Archived