NFL 2021 Season

Day

12 hours ago, David said:

Never heard of him but he’s better than Cousins

Super Bowl winning Quarterback.

We signed 3 quarterbacks yesterday after Kellen Mond tested positive for Covid, meaning anti-vaxxer Kirk had to go on the Covid list as well. Bodes well for the season ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

More good news from Minnesota....

First round pick from last year Jeff Gladney indicted for some convoluted explanation for what is basically domestic abuse....strangling his girlfriend amongst other things. What a Bamford.

Now he’s been released. Great pick that?

33 minutes ago, David said:

Now he’s been released. Great pick that?

Ah yeah I meant to say that as well. He was good enough to be a solid starter at least, if he wasn't a complete Bamford. I'm sure the Chiefs will sign him soon ?

Most annoying thing for Vikings fans is most of us wanted us to pick Antoine Winfield jnr, who played his college football at Minnesota, and is the son of former Viking player Antoine Winfield snr. Instead he goes to Tampa Bay in the 2nd round, had a great season and won the super bowl ? my twitter timeline is just full of “should of drafted winfield”

Edited by jimbo jones

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Allen in the money now. 

Mahomes at $45M, Dak at $40M and now Allen at $43M. Be interesting to see where Lemar and Baker fit in.

A lot of money to give a QB who's been great for 1 season, but the bars been set. Browns would be crazy to pay Baker anywhere near that.

On 06/08/2021 at 18:20, Mr Tibbs said:

Allen in the money now. 

Mahomes at $45M, Dak at $40M and now Allen at $43M. Be interesting to see where Lemar and Baker fit in.

Where does Baker fit in this top earners conversation? I’ll tell you where, nowhere.

Saying that, not entirely sure how Dak got in there.

8 hours ago, David said:

Where does Baker fit in this top earners conversation? I’ll tell you where, nowhere.

I truly think Dak got in there because he got injured. Was at a bit of an impasse about his contract up until he got injured with loads of people on his side. Got a big injury and all the bad publicity about not sorting it earlier forced Jerry Jones' hand.

That's not to say he didn't deserve a big contract, but I think he got exactly the deal he wanted in the end.

8 hours ago, David said:

Of course Baker does. Is he going to break the Mahomes or even the Dak bracket? No. Could he be the fifth highest paid QB in the league? Easily. That's a top earner. Just like Goff and Wentz did when they were the highest paid, he'll slip down the list when others get their extension.

You're not sure how a guy who had all the leverage Dak had ($38 mil tag this year alone), at the worlds most valuable sports team got a good deal? Come on Dave. That's even without looking at his career so far (OROTY stepping in for Romo, Top 5 QBR for 3 out 4 of his full seasons and in general a pretty good player on a horrible team). He had Jerry Jones over a barrel. That deal will be insignificant in a year or two.

31 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Of course Baker does. Is he going to break the Mahomes or even the Dak bracket? No. Could he be the fifth highest paid QB in the league? Easily. That's a top earner. Just like Goff and Wentz did when they were the highest paid, he'll slip down the list when others get their extension.

You're not sure how a guy who had all the leverage Dak had ($38 mil tag this year alone), at the worlds most valuable sports team got a good deal? Come on Dave. That's even without looking at his career so far (OROTY stepping in for Romo, Top 5 QBR for 3 out 4 of his full seasons and in general a pretty good player on a horrible team). He had Jerry Jones over a barrel. That deal will be insignificant in a year or two.

Did he have him over a barrel? Why not let him walk (no pun intended), trade up everything they could to get Fields, something to build a future on. 

Sure Jones would have caught some flack given the injury, but Dak isn’t going to the Super Bowl, no telling he’ll even get back to his “best” following the injury. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

Did he have him over a barrel? Why not let him walk (no pun intended), trade up everything they could to get Fields, something to build a future on. 

Sure Jones would have caught some flack given the injury, but Dak isn’t going to the Super Bowl, no telling he’ll even get back to his “best” following the injury. 

No guarantees with any rookie QB is there, might as well gamble on the ankle injury and build around the one who's proved they're among the best in the league and is the face of the franchise/leader of the team. 

If we had a competent enough HC and DEF we'd be in with a shout to get Dak a ring. Unfortunately that's not the case.

21 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

build around the one who's proved they're among the best in the league

Just for fun, you could pick any QB in the league to join the Cowboys, forget money, availability, rank in order the QB's you would take until you reach Dak.