NFL 2021 Season

Day

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Think my hopes of a first round tackle went with the trade ?

Got to be some kind of strategy behind the trade. Unless they are like NY Islanders of the 90's who messed every draft, every trade and every "franchise" signing.

3 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Got to be some kind of strategy behind the trade. Unless they are like NY Islanders of the 90's who messed every draft, every trade and every "franchise" signing.

With what was on the board, and us having no second round pick, it makes sense. We now have 4 3rd rounders.

Jaelan Phillips for you, if his health stands up, that’s a great pick.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You didn't receive much of  haul either compared to what the Bears gave the Giants to move up a similar number of spots!

Yeah, I don’t suppose there was big interest in jumping the queue for Mack Jones. Jets aren’t going to give you a haul to move up and take a guard. Seems as we got the guy we’d probably have taken at 14 anyway, 50/50 with AVT among Vikings fans.... it worked out pretty well.

We have lots of ammo for a move up into the second round tonight too, which I expect us to do.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, I don’t suppose there was big interest in jumping the queue for Mack Jones. Jets aren’t going to give you a haul to move up and take a guard.

Yeah that's true I guess.

Guess the Giants just got lucky that Fields dropped to 11 and Pace/Nagy are happy to give up next year's 1st if drafting a young QB helps keep them in a job for a few more years!

I wonder whether the addition of Trey Lance will refocus the Rams draft. NFC West has 2 of the top 5 mobile QBs in Murray and Lance - you'd think that inside LB has just become a focus. 

The good news about such a top heavy offensive draft means that there is still so many good defensive players on the board and the Rams need to add depth there. DT, ILB and OL tonight providing we don't trade out. 

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

Looks promising that Falcons should be able to come away with a “first round quality” defensive player tonight.

Any of Owusu-Koramoah, Moehrig, Ossai, Ojulari or Barmore and we’re good.

So it’s going to be a RB...

I just want to see Moehrig (or one of the top receivers) keep slipping down that board ?

Really happy with the Giants draft. So glad to see Gettleman trade down when the player they wanted wasn’t there. Surprised as i thought he would just reach for an edge. Super happy that the Bears have given us a first next year too. 2022 is expected to be a deeper and better draft class, so for us to have 2 picks in the 1st, 3rd and 4th rounds is great!

For the first time in a few seasons, I’m feeling optimistic. The division isn’t great and we look like we’ve got quality on both sides of the ball. Just need our young O-line to make some big strides next season! 

10 hours ago, r4derby said:

Really happy with the Giants draft. So glad to see Gettleman trade down when the player they wanted wasn’t there. Surprised as i thought he would just reach for an edge. Super happy that the Bears have given us a first next year too. 2022 is expected to be a deeper and better draft class, so for us to have 2 picks in the 1st, 3rd and 4th rounds is great!

For the first time in a few seasons, I’m feeling optimistic. The division isn’t great and we look like we’ve got quality on both sides of the ball. Just need our young O-line to make some big strides next season! 

Depends on the position, it was a pretty deep class this year for QB, Tackle, Receiver and Corner. Poor for D line, LB and RB.

Trading back and getting Toney is a great move, I like the Aaron Robinson pick, had him pencilled in as a possible Vikings pick.