NFL 2021 Season

David

The Lions opening game is the most intriguing for me: Goff goes up against a team that has historically given him fits, not the Cardinals and Seahawks who he regularly carved up, the latter even so with 3 pins in his hand, so if he can get off to a hot start then we will see the Goff MVP campaign in full flow. If it doesn't, however, it won't do much for confidence. 

It's a game that perfectly sets him up for success or failure. 

50 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The Lions opening game is the most intriguing for me: Goff goes up against a team that has historically given him fits, not the Cardinals and Seahawks who he regularly carved up, the latter even so with 3 pins in his hand, so if he can get off to a hot start then we will see the Goff MVP campaign in full flow. If it doesn't, however, it won't do much for confidence. 

It's a game that perfectly sets him up for success or failure. 

3 words I never thought I’d see together.

I looked at going to a game in September when the Raiders play their first game at the new fantastic stadium in Las Vegas 

cough cough cheapest seats $800 yep season tickets around $7000,$8000 - which puts things into a different perspective when my season ticket goes up £25 

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

1st rounder for a 32 year old, who missed games injured last season, with an enormous contract for the next 3 years, they'll be lucky. Probably get a second and another pick off the Patriots.

Do you mean that the falcons are saddled with him on account of the contract which nobody else would match? 

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Do you mean that the falcons are saddled with him on account of the contract which nobody else would match? 

There’s a few team's where it's worth taking him, Patriots/Titans the obvious ones, the contract/age will put off GM’s off from giving up too much. They've got to get value. Give up a first and he’s injured all the time, and his career goes off a cliff, and your stuck paying him 23, 19 and 19 million for the next 3 years, that's a disaster.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

There’s a few team's where it's worth taking him, Patriots/Titans the obvious ones, the contract/age will put off GM’s off from giving up too much. They've got to get value. Give up a first and he’s injured all the time, and his career goes off a cliff, and your stuck paying him 23, 19 and 19 million for the next 3 years, that's a disaster.

Cheers - how does contracting work in nfl..... If he moves, does the new club effectively have to take over the existing contract terms (if they offered less then he wouldn't move right?) 

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Cheers - how does contracting work in nfl..... If he moves, does the new club effectively have to take over the existing contract terms (if they offered less then he wouldn't move right?) 

Yeah new team takes on the remaining contract. It is possible to renegotiate a new contract at the new team, but it doesn't happen often. Team's aren't going to want to pay more, and players aren't going to want to get paid less, usually.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah new team takes on the remaining contract. It is possible to renegotiate a new contract at the new team, but it doesn't happen often. Team's aren't going to want to pay more, and players aren't going to want to get paid less, usually.

Depends on how much he wants to move somewhere where he can win.

His injury record isn’t that bad, and I think he might’ve played more last season if there was anything to play for.

I feel this may end up with the Falcons holding out for a first and waiting to see who blinks first, which might be us! (Plus if it is a top end team the first will be very much closer to 32 than to 1, one would expect)

41 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Depends on how much he wants to move somewhere where he can win.

His injury record isn’t that bad, and I think he might’ve played more last season if there was anything to play for.

I feel this may end up with the Falcons holding out for a first and waiting to see who blinks first, which might be us! (Plus if it is a top end team the first will be very much closer to 32 than to 1, one would expect)

His injury record was great up until last season, at 32 once injures start they could become a problem, which GM’s have to think about with his much money he is due. Obviously depends how many teams are genuinely interested, and if Falcons can start a bidding war.