Fire Sale?

IslandExile

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was a true fire sale we wouldn’t be turning down £500k for George Evans.

I am concerned that right now all the talk is about who is going but with the names being mooted to leave are we going to be weaker - no I don’t think so.

Sibley is the controversial one, but he is not first choice right now and hasn’t really affected things in the first half of the season so if we were to sell it doesn’t  massively weaken us. He’s still potential. That doesn’t mean to say I’m not seriously pissed off this might be happening as he has a really bright future and really is one of our own. Also, utilised in the right way he could play a major part in the second half of the season as he proved in the brum and Sheff wed games when I thought he played well in both. Hope it doesn’t happen.

It ain’t great, but it’s not a fire sale. If all of a sudden Bielik and Knight leave then that would be.

We should be open to offers for any player not willing to stay with us beyond the end of this season.

Those players currently are: Wisdom, Davies (never going to leave when injured), Waghorn, Kazim, Trialist
As well as players out on loan: Carson, Ravas, Mitchell, Malone, Jozefzoon

Kazim is worth more to us at the moment than any club would be willing to offer, and Wisdom leaving would depend on us getting a replacement in. I'll be surprised if we aren't in talks about extending both player's contracts. 
So out of 10, only Waghorn and Trialist the realistic players we'd be able to sell this month.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We should be open to offers for any player not willing to stay with us beyond the end of this season.

Those players currently are: Wisdom, Davies (never going to leave when injured), Waghorn, Kazim, Trialist

Do we know if they are "not willing"?

Have offers been made to any of them?

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I am concerned that right now all the talk is about who is going but with the names being mooted to leave are we going to be weaker - no I don’t think so.

As a squad of course we will be. We're way too thin. We have a starting 11 and that's about it. If someone gets injured we're finished. Sort it out Mel

32 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

As a squad of course we will be. We're way too thin. We have a starting 11 and that's about it. If someone gets injured we're finished. Sort it out Mel

Harsh with saying we only have a starting 11. I would say we have a decent 20... only for at least 4 of them being unavailable at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Harsh with saying we only have a starting 11. I would say we have a decent 20... only for at least 4 of them being unavailable at the moment.

CKR, Waghorn, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Sibley, Knight, Shinnie, Bird, Bielik, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Wisdom, Clarke, Evans, Roos, Marshall

Its so thin. Rumours of Evans to Millwall now as well. We need players in and fast.

I was fearful a week or so ago, but I’m a little bit more relaxed now we’ve paid the players. We’ve obviously managed to raise some funds somehow, possibly through the sale of fringe players as well as Rooney helping out, so we’re a little more stable financially - at least for the time being. We will probably be able to keep ourselves going for now through sales of academy players like Gordon, rather than having to sell any big name first teamers. I would hope we won’t see any key players depart.

That said, clearly the takeover isn’t happening, and the current board have pretty much given up, so we won’t be having any more money come in. So I’d be very surprised if we have any incomings, unless someone else turns up with money for a takeover this week.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

CKR, Waghorn, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Sibley, Knight, Shinnie, Bird, Bielik, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Wisdom, Clarke, Evans, Roos, Marshall

Its so thin. Rumours of Evans to Millwall now as well. We need players in and fast.

Davies, Ibe and Whittaker. Obviously, Davies is out for the season and we don't know how long until Ibe's available again.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

We’ve got quite a lot but there are a few gaps with Marriott, Te wierek, Hutchinson and holmes all going.

Marshall / Roos; Byrne / macdonald; Buchanan / Fozzy; Clarke / ? ; wisdom / Evans; 

bielik / bird; Shinnie/  ? ; knight/  ?

Jozwiak / ?  ; CKR / Waghorn ; Sibley / Lawrence 

Plus Mitchell-Lawson, Wilson; hector-Ingram, stretton, brown; Ibe, Gordon, Watson, Whittaker, etc

Archived