Derby must go for it

B4ev6is

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What, not to spend income that they’re supposedly guaranteed? 

"I don’t suspect they’ve been saving yet, I certainly wouldn’t have been. Missing two months wages is going to have a big impact potentially on their likely very large bills."

---

Life lesson then.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"I don’t suspect they’ve been saving yet, I certainly wouldn’t have been. Missing two months wages is going to have a big impact potentially on their likely very large bills."

---

Life lesson then.

I repeat, the life lesson is to not spend money that they’ve signed a contract to be paid?! Absolutely nothing wrong with spending that money, it’s guaranteed income. You spend what you can afford to. No 19 year old is going to have vast amounts of money in savings yet, it builds over time.

The only “life lesson” here is to not trust Mel Morris.

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly what I’m on about. You might laugh, but not every player in our senior squad has been on 25k a week for the last ten years. Many of them only signed their first big contracts in the last year. I don’t suspect they’ve been saving yet, I certainly wouldn’t have been. Missing two months wages is going to have a big impact potentially on their likely very large bills.

?? Doesn’t matter if you’re on £100 a week or £10,000 per week. Not being paid for two months for your services is absolutely despicable behaviour by all involved (hang your heads in shame)
As a Ram I am ashamed of our Multi Millionaire owner for letting this rumble on for so long again. 
These lads are not being treated with the respect they deserve, yes the performance on Saturday was abysmal but the club should ensure all contractual obligations are met regardless. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I very much suspect the likes of Sibley, Knight, Buchanan and Bird are. They’re no longer academy players.

I'm not sure they will be in the pay band of a senior player though so suspect they have been paid in full. Either way its not really a reason for poor performances of the first team though is it, considering Sibley & Bird have hardly played and Knight has been our standout player.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm not sure they will be in the pay band of a senior player though so suspect they have been paid in full. Either way its not really a reason for poor performances of the first team though is it, considering Sibley & Bird have hardly played and Knight has been our standout player.

I’m not convinced, I thought the original quote said Academy players had been paid. They certainly aren’t academy players, and I can’t see them being treated differently to the rest of the squad.

Not really saying it’s a reason for poor performances, just saying that players won’t be as unaffected as some have suggested. And I’m sure it has some level of impact on their mental state, though we can’t put poor results purely down to that of course. We’re simply not good enough, not much more to it.

FWIW I was going to make this point about Buchanan, because he really didn’t look himself on Saturday, and may be one of those most affected.

As unsettling as the takeover must be for everyone and not being paid is shocking, I'm not convinced that was the reason for the poor display against Rotherham.

Some of the squad may have actually had Covid. Even if not, time away from the training ground would've had an impact, no matter how much they try to train at home.

Hopefully, they'll be back in the swing of things for the Bournemouth game. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not really saying it’s a reason for poor performances, just saying that players won’t be as unaffected as some have suggested. And I’m sure it has some level of impact on their mental state, though we can’t put poor results purely down to that of course. We’re simply not good enough, not much more to it.

The way we performed on saturday looked to me more as a result of the covid break, lack of training etc. We were just sluggish and leggy all over the pitch. The effort levels were there, we just weren't at it. Though I guess we'll see in the Bournemouth game exactly where we're at.

13 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

The way we performed on saturday looked to me more as a result of the covid break, lack of training etc. We were just sluggish and leggy all over the pitch. The effort levels were there, we just weren't at it. Though I guess we'll see in the Bournemouth game exactly where we're at.

That's what scares me.

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly what I’m on about. You might laugh, but not every player in our senior squad has been on 25k a week for the last ten years. Many of them only signed their first big contracts in the last year. I don’t suspect they’ve been saving yet, I certainly wouldn’t have been. Missing two months wages is going to have a big impact potentially on their likely very large bills.

No different to most of the population in normal jobs, except their future earnings guarantee them security for life?

Archived