Academy’s hard work

Topram

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not only is he happy to leave, we have already been told by @Footymum2017 he wants to leave. This really is a non-story about an academy product that most of you had never even heard of before the cup tie.

If it's a choice of letting his potential go and getting a good sell-on clause for him now, so we can keep hold of Knight or Buchanan, I will take it. 

I wish a few more of you would read before you post.

How exactly is getting a good sell on clause for Gordon going to stop us selling Knight or Buchanan? We need cash now - not in 10 years time.

I would also say that footymum may very well be correct in what they post, but if you believe what every ITK'er says on here without question its not going to end well. You need to read some of the tripe posted by other people on here before telling people they need to read before they post.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not only is he happy to leave, we have already been told by @Footymum2017 he wants to leave. This really is a non-story about an academy product that most of you had never even heard of before the cup tie.

If it's a choice of letting his potential go and getting a good sell-on clause for him now, so we can keep hold of Knight or Buchanan, I will take it. 

I wish a few more of you would read before you post.

I don’t think I said that he wanted to leave, just that he hadn’t signed the pro contract that he’d been offered

2 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

I don’t think I said that he wanted to leave, just that he hadn’t signed the pro contract that he’d been offered

You literally said in the academy thread that “he doesn’t want to stay”

8 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

Sorry Footymum, I thought when you said here he didn't 'want to stay' that you meant he wanted to leave. My mistake but you can see why I assumed that's what you meant.

Here’s my brief take.....

Kaide doesn’t play for the 23s for one reason....he’s not ready for that level of football. Kaide played 1 minute for the first team for one reason, to safe guard / increase his value should he not sign. 

Yes football is that sinister, corrupt and contrived.

7 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Kaide doesn’t play for the 23s for one reason....he’s not ready for that level of football. Kaide played 1 minute for the first team for one reason, to safe guard / increase his value should he not sign. 

Or the club wants him to appreciate that first team football is more achievable at Derby County? 

8 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I think you're missing the fact he's still an U16 player and only became a regular in the U18s in October. 3 goals and two assists in his last 3 games at that level and clearly above that level based on those performances. Since then, the U23s haven't had any games so he was training with the first team instead and hasn't looked out of place (from what we've heard). His debut has been fully deserved.

Couple that with his competition on thew ings being: Jozwiak, Lawrence (injured), Ibe (ill), Whittaker (out of form), Mitchell-Lawson (just returned from loan), Shonibare (injured?) and Wilson (only just returned from injury), it's hardly surprising that he's had a chance.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think you're missing the fact he's still an U16 player and only became a regular in the U18s in October. 3 goals and two assists in his last 3 games at that level and clearly above that level based on those performances. Since then, the U23s haven't had any games so he was training with the first team instead and hasn't looked out of place (from what we've heard). His debut has been fully deserved.

No I wasn’t missing that fact at all, in fact if anything that emphasises the point I was making.

The age group pathway is in place for a number of reasons based on the physical, social, psychological and technical / tactical development of the footballer /person. To accelerate a players development then he needs to be excelling in those areas. However all areas will be a factor and excelling in some but not in others will be more important depending on which step you’re taking.....ie a technically good 10 year old won’t be too put off playing U11s by the physical factor...a physically strong 18 year old will struggle if he’s technically poor.

The step from 16s to 18s is huge. In all four areas but especially physically (e training everyday) and socially (adolescence). The step from 18s to 23s is even bigger but probably more from a tact/technical view with more emphasis on that part of the game preparing for results becoming more important. The gap from 23s to 1st is just incomparable in every department...young adult to adult (in Kaides case child to adult), physically and socially. Results, crowds and media glare psychologically and results being all important tactically and technically.

To step from 16s to 18s at Cat 1 academy level and still make an impact like he has is phenomenal. But make no mistake, if the other areas were sufficiently developed for the staff to consider 23s a benefit then he’d have played 23s.

To play 1st team before the link of 23s in any form at all makes no sense. You’d at least want to see him in the environment. Ultimately the acid test as to his inclusion in the first team being fully deserved, or merited, based on his performances would be coming on at 1-0 down with 15 to go as opposed to 4-0 up with 89 on the clock...

I wasn’t trying to sound detrimental in any way even if it came across as a dig, although it may have sounded a little cynical I guess...but it was just a blunt way of saying there is a much more cynical thought process than we’d imagine in these cases. 

As has been pointed out, the compensation due has a precedent set by Delap, so for additional money to be warranted there needed to be an additional circumstance....a first team debut gives exactly that.

Archived