Red January

dog

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dog said:

Not really a resolution for the year but I'm aiming to run every day this month. Just done 3,5 miles. 

Not a huge distance but step by step.....

If you've just done a 5k straight off the bat then that's pretty impressive to be honest. 

The BBC app on couch to 5k is a really good starter. 

Anyway good luck, am hoping there will be some events to enter in the not too distant future ?

4.5 miles today, around nine minutes per mile. Will be interesting to see how this goes. I used to run quite a bit (half marathons and the Nottingham to Derby kilomathons) but that was ten years ago. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning as ice is forecast

19 hours ago, dog said:

Not really a resolution for the year but I'm aiming to run every day this month. Just done 3,5 miles. 

Hope you got the train fair home with you ,you could be a long way away in a month

On 01/01/2021 at 22:11, dog said:

Did you know we have  very active DCFCFans Strava community? You're welcome to join - I feel it's a great way to motivate each other to go that extra mile. I've just checked the app and noticed that @Davidposted a dog walk in June which makes me want to really build on that single run I did in October.

It's going really well.

On 01/01/2021 at 22:11, dog said:

Forgive my ignorance, but could you please explain the relevance of the "Red"  part of the thread title?  Is that in relation to your user name?

This may affect just how much encouragement I offer, for you to keep on running... and running... and running...

??

16 hours ago, dog said:

Red - run every day

Did just under five miles this morning. Aching now, but at least there was no ice

How does that app thing work?

Anyone can sign up to redtogether.co.uk

Great initiative to promote healthy body, healthy mind. 

On 03/01/2021 at 08:44, Mucker1884 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but could you please explain the relevance of the "Red"  part of the thread title? 

21 hours ago, dog said:

Red - run every day

Ooh!  Clever that!

... Obviously far too clever for me, as my question was genuine!

Best of luck.  

Archived