Big Sam

Day

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only took the job about 10 days ago, was apparently jetting off to Dubai a few days before that.

I think someone’s perhaps a bit more worried that he’s bitten off more than he can chew and might lose his no relegation record, rather than being terrified of Covid.

Why take the job, that would be my question to him. If you are that concerned and worried about your health, which in fairness he should being over 60 and carrying a few extra pounds, why take it?

Wasn’t long ago that he “retired”.

You don’t want to brush or laugh off his concerns, but it does come across more of a I need a couple of weeks to work with these players. 

Arsenal up next, followed by a banana skin cup tie at Blackpool. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Why take the job, that would be my question to him. If you are that concerned and worried about your health, which in fairness he should being over 60 and carrying a few extra pounds, why take it?

Wasn’t long ago that he “retired”.

You don’t want to brush or laugh off his concerns, but it does come across more of a I need a couple of weeks to work with these players. 

Arsenal up next, followed by a banana skin cup tie at Blackpool. 

I don't want to laugh off his concerns, but he could at least wear his mask properly if he's going to complain!

Gotta wonder why a 60+yo overweight man would take a job mixing with fit young athletes that may or may not be taking their covid risk as seriously as some others.  He can't be short of a few quid and he can only lose his 'never been relegated' record if the season ends badly. 

I do find it a bit bizarre to call for a break 10 days into the job, maybe as others have alluded, he's just trying to buy some extra time to work with the players - judging some of their recent performances, a looooong lockdown might come in handy ?

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

God knows why you’d take a job which puts you at risk like a role in football when you’re his age at the moment. Seems a very risky decision to make, you’d think you would put your safety above some extra money.

He is a mercenary and that’s what mercenaries do 

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

At least his chin will be safe.....

Which one?....that’s cruel. But I can say that as I’m fat myself right now. Fat people can make fun of other fat people, that’s a rule in our house. 

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

God knows why you’d take a job which puts you at risk like a role in football when you’re his age at the moment. Seems a very risky decision to make, you’d think you would put your safety above some extra money.

Someone who would whore out the position of England manager for a pile of cash never has enough money.

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The cynical pert of me suggets that last night's result has told him just what a big job he's taken on and that he thinks a break might give him a better chance to beat his squad into shape.....

This is it, I'd say, though I do wonder if those who were so quick to give him credit for the result at Liverpool were quite so quick to comment on his role in last night's shambles.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

The cynical pert of me suggets that last night's result has told him just what a big job he's taken on and that he thinks a break might give him a better chance to beat his squad into shape.....

Also a break now allows him more opportunity to bring in players of his own choice in the transfer window (ie there will be more matches post transfer window, if there was a circuit breaK)

If he's that concerned with catching Covid -legitimate with age and his heart issues- i struggle to understand why he wouldn't greatly reduce the risk by living of a very fat bank account in easy isolation for another few months. He's put himself around others, the choice wasn't a necessity to pay the bills.

Load of rubbish.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is it, I'd say, though I do wonder if those who were so quick to give him credit for the result at Liverpool were quite so quick to comment on his role in last night's shambles.

Cant blame Big Sam for that result, they also lost a game in 1956 5-0 to Blackpool ?

Don’t really see what good a break in the season would do anyway. It’s not like COVID is going to go away in the space of two weeks. If we’re ever going to get the season finished, we’re just going to have to plough on. Clubs will just have to deal with the odd rearranged fixture. Having a couple of players out isolating shouldn’t be that much of an issue, it’s what squads are for.

Archived