10 wins & 10 draws....

StarterForTen

I think we have to approach the season in small blocks now.

If we look the season as a whole, then of course the idea of us getting 42 or more points from the next 31 games does start to look a bridge too far.

So it’s better to take the games in blocks and then re-assess.

We have eight games between now and FA Cup weekend.

This is the first block of games:

Millwall (A); Brentford (A), Stoke (H), Swansea (H), Rotherham (A), Preston (H), Birmingham (A), Sheff Wed (A)

The target should be 12 points from the next 8 games. We might get more. We might get fewer. Who knows?

But I don’t think we can’t afford to look too far ahead as the picture of the division can change rapidly and these imaginary targets of 10 wins and 10 draws could look a lot different in January or February.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You watch the last two performances, and you know we’re dead. Players aren’t mentally up for the battle. It’s not irrecoverable on paper, but it’ll take a miracle from the new manager to get this lot playing with confidence again. We look dead and done. I think we as fans have to prepare for League One next season.

10 hours ago, tinman said:

None of the top teams have beaten us without breaking sweat, which is the point someone further up was making. 

Top teams get better as season goes on. We need 1.35 points per game now to get 50 points. That is as if we were getting 60 points from 46 games. Another way of saying it is 4 points from three matches OR from every three games we need one draw and one win to get 50 points. An unrealistic target on present progress. We have 8 points from 45 at present or 8 points from 15 games or 0.5 points per game so far.

Not going to happen. Every game which goes by where we say this is there one where we need to start our winning run on and we don't means the target gets increasingly harder and harder.

It's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or the mirage in the desert which remains just tantalisingly out of reach. 

I can't see this lot winning a game of tiddlywinks at the moment never mind putting together that sort of unbeaten run. It's just ludicrous to even contemplate anymore. 

Its not very often that teams that are losing and drawing go on a winning run of 6/7

games - i'm afraid our best will be the occasional win and a few more draws, best we

can hope for at this point is to beat F*****, and end up ahead of them!!

I do still think that if we get Howe in, we will improve and could avoid relegation.....just.

If we estimate 50 points as the target to stay up then we need 42 more from 31 games. 11 wins = 33, plus 9 draws = 9, plus the 8 we have.

Come on all you stattos on here, where will those wins & draws come from?

Luton beat Norwich 3-1 last night, everyone in this league can beat everyone else on the day, home or away makes no difference right now.

If I were Wazza I'd be going full tilt attack attack attack every game and rotating the personnel within the forward line & midfield, both between and within games, in order to do so, especially with 5 subs available.  The time for sitting back and hoping for a point or a 1-0 win is long gone, better to go down scrapping rather than by trying to score and then shut up shop, that strategy has already failed too often, and that's exactly why we are where we are.  Better to win or lose 4-3 than draw 1-1.  Time to gamble!

COYR, we CAN do this!

Archived