10 wins & 10 draws....

StarterForTen

We'll be rate. Assuming Beilik is taking charge of the midfield now and we can get the manager situation sorted then we'll be out of trouble by Christmas. A new striker in January and we can start argueing about whether we can still make a play off push this season.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

A change in ownership and/or manager (from Wayne Rooney, for those who are calling for that) will not provide a silver bullet. We are currently reaping the harvest sewn through the poor management of the squad over the last three years.

Drivel. If you are telling me that a more astute and seasoned manager than Rooney cannot wring better performances from this group of players and organise and motivate them more effectively then you're totally wrong.

45 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The good news is that it doesn't actually take many wins to climb up the table. The bad news is that historically, very few teams have suddenly turned around their form and strung together a decent run to get them clear.

It would take a big event to spark such an upturn in fortunes. A takeover which gives significant resources and a top quality manager could be such an event. We could be in a better position than most teams have been whilst being this low in the table. But will it ever happen?

Indeed......the only thing available to us at present is to bring a new a manager in to provide a bounce ahead of a couple of new players provide further impetus in Jan.

Sadly at this rate Jan will be here and Rooney will still be in the hot seat!

Rooney has to go. He’s completely out of his depth as a manager and is League Two standard at best as a player.

If the objective is staying up, then we need to build the side around players with an edge. CKR, Davies, Knight, Bielik. Complement that with skill (Sibley, Byrne) and pace (Holmes). As many like for like changes as possible on the bench.

Randomly chopping and changing every game makes no sense but Rooney has the luxury to do it because there’s no reason for him to care about the club. He knows he’s not staying for the long term and that he’ll get another chance to manage at a less dysfunctional club (which he’ll fail at as well).

That turned into a bit of a rant. I think we can stay up but it will be a real battle. Who would have thought in September that Colin Kazim-Richards would end up being our most likely saviour?

I think it’s a bit unfair to say the squad has been mismanaged.. some of the deals we’ve done haven’t been that bad in recent years 

We gambled in 2015 and 2016 and it didn’t pay off so, inevitably, we have to scratch around now and the quality of the squad has to drop away 

I think the squad isn’t bad considering the financial constraints we’re under 

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

As we are now at Steve Nicholson's magic marker point of 15 games in to a season (apparently the table doesn't count before now...) and looking at the historical survival target points figure of something in the late forties (it was 49 last season), we are likely to need 40 points from the last 30 games to stay up.

Putting that simply: TEN wins, TEN draws and TEN defeats.

Have to say, no matter the debate over owners and managers, that looks a mighty steep hill to climb given the squad anyone will have to work with.

A change in ownership and/or manager (from Wayne Rooney, for those who are calling for that) will not provide a silver bullet. We are currently reaping the harvest sewn through the poor management of the squad over the last three years.

Yes we need 1.5 points per game pretty much from here on in  with the odd mishap,that is top 6 form i have my doubts,we need two or three signings and two loanees in Jan and these need to be game changes in terms of personal or were doomed

the problem is we are in a different situation than all the clubs around us because we dont know who are owners are going to be come january, and are they going to invest? 

i think forest will buy themselves out of trouble, wednesday will survive because thats what pulis does, and the rest of them will fight for their lives as they all expect to be around here. 

us? what box are we in? the owners need to come in asap, appoint a proper manager and spend properly and wisely otherwise we are doomed.

also you dont know what the points target will be season to season but one thing i can tell you is unless we start scoring more goals we are not gonna come close to 40 points nevermind surivival.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Drivel. If you are telling me that a more astute and seasoned manager than Rooney cannot wring better performances from this group of players and organise and motivate them more effectively then you're totally wrong.

An astute and seasoned manager such as Philip Cocu didn't manage it.

I mean its such fine margins..Stretton scores that chance 999 times out of 1000 and its 2-0 all over..but he doesn't we go to sleep again and its 1-1...but that doesn't turn the conversation from green shoots of recovery to guaranteed relegation and everyone is rubbish..

Archived