106 goals

loweman2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fond childhood memory of getting him and Gergory's autographs at the BBG players entrance, DIv 2 days.

"Get us a goal Bobby!" my younger self excitedly blurted out, "Aye, that'd be nice!" said the great man.

Meanwhile Gregory minced in wearing closed toe leather sandals with no socks. It felt rude not to get his sig too.

Apparently doesn't have the same affection for Derby County that we have for him. Your childhood striking legends stay with you forever - I'm just a couple of years too young to really have got the tingles for Hector but these two fellas probably popped my cherry in that department.

image.png.d6786d8f1bc1482d820e92af66ad1a04.png

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I remember when he came back on loan to us after he was sold to Leeds, I was at that first game am sure he scored on his return which just typified the player in a nutshell 

He certainly did in a 4 - 1 victory over Bristol City ..it's on youtube 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thought so. What also sticks in my mind was being sat 3 seats to the left of a hysterical woman who kept shouting Bobbeee every time he touched the ball.

i think if we realised that it wasnt going to last forever we all would ! ?

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Apparently doesn't have the same affection for Derby County that we have for him.

I keep in contact with Bob lad and though he is a dirties fan he has tried on a number of occasions to come back to the club as a coach and on a number of occasions he has been turned down, he loves the fans just not the set up. I messaged him that compilation with the simple line “could do with someone like this” he replied 

73DF47BF-478C-444C-8663-718FBA85CCF4.thumb.jpeg.4babfba44b85091bcba1856a327d7f39.jpeg

Don’t know why we haven’t got him back. He has coached, even at ferencvaros.

we’ve managed to find coaching roles for Darren wassall, Craig short, des walker, rory delap, Kevin Phillips, Gary bowyer, etc etc. 

56 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I keep in contact with Bob lad and though he is a dirties fan he has tried on a number of occasions to come back to the club as a coach and on a number of occasions he has been turned down, he loves the fans just not the set up. I messaged him that compilation with the simple line “could do with someone like this” he replied 

73DF47BF-478C-444C-8663-718FBA85CCF4.thumb.jpeg.4babfba44b85091bcba1856a327d7f39.jpeg

Whilst  on loan here   it was rumoured  that Howard Wilkinson  tipped Bobby off that he was being used by Derby as we were about to sign Gabbiadini ...?  

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Apparently doesn't have the same affection for Derby County that we have for him. Your childhood striking legends stay with you forever - I'm just a couple of years too young to really have got the tingles for Hector but these two fellas probably popped my cherry in that department.

image.png.d6786d8f1bc1482d820e92af66ad1a04.png

Bi-Bi & Swindles. I remember Biley’s first goal for us - a diving header in front of the Ossie End from a Dave Langan cross low to the near post from the right. Can hear the “swish” of the net as the ball shot in like an Exocet. Think we beat Brighton (?) 3-1 that day. 

Archived