Majority of Leyton Orient squad test positive for COVID-19

ramsbottom

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/21/leyton-orient-covid-19-carabao-cup-tottenham-spurs

I was under the impression that all professional clubs were regularly tested, but this story states otherwise.  Therefore a couple of questions popped into my head.

1- How often are our own players tested?

2- Shouldn't the Premier League help out smaller clubs with the prohibitive costs of testing considering a number of their youth teams are plying their trade out on loan?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it on the BBC and the thing that surprised me the most was that testing is apparently not compulsory in the EFL. How they think that is a good idea i have absolutely no idea.

And it shouldn't be a question of cost either - if the EFL were even remotely competent they'd be organising and paying for regular testing for their member clubs.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I read it on the BBC and the thing that surprised me the most was that testing is apparently not compulsory in the EFL. How they think that is a good idea i have absolutely no idea.

And it shouldn't be a question of cost either - if the EFL were even remotely competent they'd be organising and paying for regular testing for their member clubs.

Sort of answered that yourself, mate.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

The EFL spent all their spare cash taking one of their member clubs to a disciplinary commission. 

Archived