Leeds v Derby Play off Semi '19

Wignall12

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that game.

Especially because I got the perfect prediction of the result and first Rams goalscorer!

Mainly because Derby have a habit of pulling off the unexpected/impossible when it really counts.

Pity about the next game but.......can't win 'em all.

This game is up there with our 3-0 win vs Eusebio's Benfica!

Well almost!

24 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Love that game.

Especially because I got the perfect prediction of the result and first Rams goalscorer!

Mainly because Derby have a habit of pulling off the unexpected/impossible when it really counts.

Pity about the next game but.......can't win 'em all.

This game is up there with our 3-0 win vs Eusebio's Benfica!

Well almost!

It’s definitely up there, perhaps not in the entire history of the club but over an extended period of time 

Put it this way, let alone it be the best I’ve seen, it’s the best my 48 year-old dad has seen 

30 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s definitely up there, perhaps not in the entire history of the club but over an extended period of time 

Put it this way, let alone it be the best I’ve seen, it’s the best my 48 year-old dad has seen 

There are SOME things to be said for being  a Rams supporter for 50 years!

Supporting the Rams since '68. Only saw the play off game on TV but it's up there with the best of the best.

The build up to the game, the long history between the clubs.

The game itself was pure drama, all the emotions, some really excellent football aswell.

Oh and the result wasn't bad ? 

Got goosebumps again when Marriott's winner went in watching the sky replay on Sunday.

Unquestionably one of those nights that is up there. It was supernatural and surreal. Once Marriott pulled that 1st goal back, and the Rams Away Army sang the entire half-time, and Mount popped up with the 2nd, you just knew the game was intended to be ours. No further words describe it. The Derby County ghosts of all ages had descended onto Elland Rd and were all there watching and bringing the game home. Utterly surreal.

Archived