Leeds match to be played at Southampton?

SaffyRam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unexpectedly winning a play off semi... away... against a team who for many are bitter, if not local rivals is right up there.  My jealousy towards those fellow Rams fans that were there that night holds no bounds.  It's rare that I party in front of a TV match, at home, with but a mere wife for company.  That night we danced.  That night, we partied!

But what we experienced that night... what we achieved, be it on the night, or over the season, does not trump automatic promotion.  By its very nature, It simply doesn't.  T'was but a glorious evening, 'tis all.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It won't trump the sight of all those discarded scarves and all those cancelled hotel rooms and train tickets the day after. Priceless, worth much more than the plastic EFL trophy they'll receive. 

Isn't the championship trophy basically the old Div 1 one that we won back in 72 and 75?

Disgraceful rely, but I think that's right because the championship is the top division of the football league. 

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Isn't the championship trophy basically the old Div 1 one that we won back in 72 and 75?

Disgraceful rely, but I think that's right because the championship is the top division of the football league. 

Probably been replaced with a cheap Skybet emblazoned replica. 

49 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Do they get a guard of honour if they’ve already won the league?

Cant think of anything worse than Chris Martin giving bar steward a guard of honour.

There is a stink of certainty amongst there fans that it's now certain . Really looking forward to sealing it at our place. History dictates we spoil there party. Taking away there Double they thought was nailed in 71-72-with a bit of Yam Yam assistance. confirming promotion against them in 87 and last years beauty. Got a tricky game Sunday and if West Brom win us beating Brentford is massive if they lose.  That could be my one consolation if we don't win,  the chance to totally derail them at Pride Park. 

One of my biggest pet peeves with football fans is when you bring up a moment and the response is "Well look at the league table now"

QPR fans get it whenever they bring up the play off final. "Oh yeah but what happened after. You got relegated"

Watford came from 2 down in an FA Cup Semi final. Lost the final 6-0. 

We had one of the best nights I've ever had watching Derby at Leeds. We made them cry. They were sat on the floor outside the ground crestfallen. 

Bring it up to them "Yeah well we're miles ahead of you now and we're going up"

Football is about memories. Football is about moments. The moments where you just want to bottle it up and keep it forever. 

Who cares what happens after. Nothing can take away that feeling or that moment 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

One of my biggest pet peeves with football fans is when you bring up a moment and the response is "Well look at the league table now"

QPR fans get it whenever they bring up the play off final. "Oh yeah but what happened after. You got relegated"

We had one of the best nights I've ever had watching Derby at Leeds. We made them cry. They were sat on the floor outside the ground crestfallen. 

Football is about memories. Football is about moments. The moments where you just want to bottle it up and keep it forever. 

You mean like Forest numpties chanting about worst team in history, when in fact they were plying their trade in tier 3 at the same time we were in the premier league.

So no matter that the outcome was and we ended up in the same league the following season, we had enjoyed promotion and playing PL football attracting an average crowd of over 32k despite a relegation season while they couldn't even manage 20k in a promotion season.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You mean like Forest numpties chanting about worst team in history, when in fact they were plying their trade in tier 3 at the same time we were in the premier league.

So no matter that the outcome was and we ended up in the same league the following season, we had enjoyed promotion and playing PL football attracting an average crowd of over 32k despite a relegation season while they couldn't even manage 20k in a promotion season.

Yes exactly that. "Look at the league table" 

Bore off.

The feeling of scoring against your rivals in the last minute. Amazing.

Who cares where they are in the league. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Two excellent posts, and good points made.

I may have to re-evaluate my previous post.  Never let it be said that my opinion cannot be swayed!  ?

On 11/07/2020 at 10:01, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I love that, it's so true. Football is about moments and not a lot will beat watching Keogh charge forward to set up that goal and Pontus Jaanson crying at the end. Brilliant 

Don't forget about the bloke with the tattoo. Play off winners. It was sooo nailed on????

Archived