Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

1 hour ago, archied said:

nil by mouth is still one of the best films ever

Thanks for the recommendation, I haven’t seen it. 

No, I don’t go for the blockbusters. I’m lucky to have the Barley Mow film club at Bonsall and Northern Light in Wirksworth near by. They put on an interesting selection, often stuff that I wouldn’t ever have heard of. 

25 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

No, I don’t go for the blockbusters. I’m lucky to have the Barley Mow film club at Bonsall and Northern Light in Wirksworth near by. They put on an interesting selection, often stuff that I wouldn’t ever have heard of. 

It’s quite harrowing so be warned

Good Time - 6/10

Annihilation - 7/10

Jumanji : Welcome to the Jungle - 7/10

You were Never Really There - 4/10

Ready Player One - 9/10

The Villainess - 8/10

Justice League - 2/10 (and that's poorly for Gal Gadot)

Avengers : Infinity War - 9.5/10

The Post - 8/10

The Greatest Showman - 7/10

The Shape of Water - 7/10

50 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Annihilation - 7/10

That was a weird one. 6/10 for me, for some interesting ideas & OK effects but I felt it sort of petered out towards the end, like they ran out of confidence/ideas & didn't really know what to do with it.

33 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That was a weird one. 6/10 for me, for some interesting ideas & OK effects but I felt it sort of petered out towards the end, like they ran out of confidence/ideas & didn't really know what to do with it.

That's why it only got a 7.  I thought it was well staged, and suspenseful, but scenes in the lighthouse were a little too ambiguous.  The last little twist, despite being fairly obvious, redeemed it slightly

Sith Happens
44 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Jumanji : Welcome to the Jungle 7/10 Not as good as the original but great fun all the same. Karen Gillan is stunning.

I really enjoyed it, and I didnt event know it was her when I started watching it, yes she is.

On 10/05/2018 at 10:35, Lambchop said:

Been to both of those. I'd recommend the Ritz at Belper too. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Yes, it’s great, isn’t it. I like the front row, so you can put your feet up on the stage. 

Sign of old age that when you prefer the front row to the back row ?

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sign of old age that when you prefer the front row to the back row ?

Yes, I always make a beeline for the front, mainly so I don’t end up with some gangly ******* in front of me. 

The other night at Northern Light I was behind an elderly gentleman with a halo of white frizz on his bonce. It caught the light in a very distracting manner. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

Yes, I always make a beeline for the front, mainly so I don’t end up with some gangly ******* in front of me. 

The other night at Northern Light I was behind an elderly gentleman with a halo of white frizz on his bonce. It caught the light in a very distracting manner. 

I always used to get someone like that, or someone with a big head, that couldnt sit still either, so when you get comfortable looking round them they move and you have to move too.

Its why I like the one in the Intu, at least its built in a way you dont get a big fat head in front of you because its quite steep.