Stay safe, stay fit, stay connected.

Rev

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/04/Derby-county-launches-stay-safe-stay-fit-stay-connected

It's been several hours from launch, yet no topic on here?

This is the club's big community effort, widely trailed in previous days.

Some great content coming our way, let's get behind the club as they create worthwhile distractions from the wider world.

Let’s get behind the club as they create worthwhile distractions from the fact that a large number of low paid club employees are left 20% short of their wage.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Let’s get behind the club as they create worthwhile distractions from the fact that a large number of low paid club employees are left 20% short of their wage.

Is that true? Aren't they topping up the 80% to 100%, that would be appalling.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Is that true? Aren't they topping up the 80% to 100%, that would be appalling.

My understanding is not Roy, but I may be wrong. Even the Gumps down the road are doing the right thing.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Well I've not seen that mate.

I must have missed that announcement while looking through the latest news section on the club's official site.

I've seen some other championship club's have also furloughed some staff, but would make up wages to 100%, surely we'd do the same?

20 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/04/Derby-county-launches-stay-safe-stay-fit-stay-connected

It's been several hours from launch, yet no topic on here?

This is the club's big community effort, widely trailed in previous days.

Some great content coming our way, let's get behind the club as they create worthwhile distractions from the wider world.

I put links to this on the deferment and fundraiser threads as I thought it was relevant to them.  

Southampton - admittedly a Premier League club - are paying the full 100% of the staff's pay - not even claiming the 80% off the government/tax payer.

The players are deferring their pay.

We should at least be paying the 20% shortfall. Shamed by both Forest and Leeds.

14 minutes ago, sage said:

I put links to this on the deferment and fundraiser threads as I thought it was relevant to them.  

I know you did, but it's deserving of its own topic surely?

26 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Well I've not seen that mate.

I must have missed that announcement while looking through the latest news section on the club's official site.

I've seen some other championship club's have also furloughed some staff, but would make up wages to 100%, surely we'd do the same?

Strange that, if it's true, it's not the first article. 

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Spot on, stuff your fitness videos and personal interviews (i suggested they do these more informal things months ago to improve spirit around the club), I'd happily go without them if they'd pay their bloody non-playing staff.

I hope they reverse the decision. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Strange that, if it's true, it's not the first article. 

It would be extraordinary bad PR to launch such an initiative as this while furloughing staff, and not topping up their wages surely?

Which makes me think it's not happened.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It would be extraordinary bad PR to launch such an initiative as this while furloughing staff, and not topping up their wages surely?

Which makes me think it's not happened.

It's been said in the press yet, so far, nobody has denied it. 

4 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Spot on, stuff your fitness videos and personal interviews (i suggested they do these more informal things months ago to improve spirit around the club), I'd happily go without them if they'd pay their bloody non-playing staff.

I hope they reverse the decision. 

I got the impression they are working on it. I hope so.

Just to say, my information is based on a John Percy Tweet posted on here Monday 16.10 (Are Derby deferring wages).  @David offered his views subsequently, along the lines of “wait and see - a club announcement is to follow”. The announcement today did not cover. David and Owen are now both offline.  My instincts are that Percy is right, which if so would be most disappointing.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I got the impression they are working on it. I hope so.

I hope so too, then they can knock themselves out with all the videos in the world, but until then, seems like a distraction to take focus off the furloughing of staff. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just to say, my information is based on a John Percy Tweet posted on here Monday 16.10 (Are Derby deferring wages).  @David offered his views subsequently, along the lines of “wait and see - a club announcement is to follow”. The announcement today did not cover. David and Owen are now both offline.  My instincts are that Percy is right, which if so would be most disappointing.

Not much a beard, as a Chaplin moustache then.

I really hope you're wrong, but suspect you aren't.

Archived