Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

The Great Barrington Declaration was promoted by a right wing thinktank and the lack of any peer review suggests it fringe science.

Toby Young is clearly a right wing columnist.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that.

However, you are attempting to reposition you flawed argument as a tired right vs left debate, and that anyone posting alternative views is dismissed a being right wing. Which is clearly not the case.

The debate is actually between believing in what the experts recommend, and not.

"I think the grass is blue"

"No it's green"

"Have you got any evidence it's green?"

"What evidence have you got it's blue?"

"Well none really, but you should be able to show me evidence that it's green"

"Just look outside. It's so blatantly green"

You are literally the only person on the thread who thinks this is a left wing/right wing issue. I've not seen anybody else mention it.

Taking your example into account then I'm assuming looking at the death toll tells us we have done the right thing and the scientific advice we have followed is the correct advice?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

you forgot the explanation - there are two links there from Swedish govt websites explaining exactly what their lockdown restrictions are, by Swedish law. You might need to do a bit more than say "no it's not"

Yep no problem I work with the Swedish everyday and have disscussed this, obviously as it’s with all my foreign colleagues the way we have dealt with the crisis is huge amusement for them. So Sweden, restaurants, cinemas, pubs, gyms all open and haven’t shut. A few measures in place like limiting numbers etc. Schools and Universities open. Families allowed to see each other and spend the Festive season together as normal, they haven’t locked down. That is unless the guys and girls I work with are lying. 

19 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yep no problem I work with the Swedish everyday and have disscussed this, obviously as it’s with all my foreign colleagues the way we have dealt with the crisis is huge amusement for them. So Sweden, restaurants, cinemas, pubs, gyms all open and haven’t shut. A few measures in place like limiting numbers etc. Schools and Universities open. Families allowed to see each other and spend the Festive season together as normal, they haven’t locked down. That is unless the guys and girls I work with are lying. 

I don't need to know if they are lying or not. I've read the Swedish govt website that explains exactly what their lockdown restrictions are. I don't need second-hand anecdotal explanations

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/restriktioner-och-forbud

It's roughly in the same ball park to what we had in Tier 2 lockdowns, plus an international travel ban.

They're most likely laughing at us because British people were too stupid to follow that level of restriction and have to be locked down more stringently for our own good

You can quibble about the meaning of the word "lockdown" but i can't be arsed. I answered the question

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

You can quibble about the meaning of the word "lockdown" but i can't be arsed. I answered the question

You did mate, answered it massively incorrectly but at least you answered. 

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The Great Barrington Declaration was promoted by a right wing thinktank and the lack of any peer review suggests it fringe science.

Toby Young is clearly a right wing columnist.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that.

However, you are attempting to reposition you flawed argument as a tired right vs left debate, and that anyone posting alternative views is dismissed a being right wing. Which is clearly not the case.

The debate is actually between believing in what the experts recommend, and not.

"I think the grass is blue"

"No it's green"

"Have you got any evidence it's green?"

"What evidence have you got it's blue?"

"Well none really, but you should be able to show me evidence that it's green"

"Just look outside. It's so blatantly green"

Oh come on , this right wing stuff is your obsession, you keep throwing it out , I really don’t give a stuff what labels anybody puts on people whether right wing or left wing

36 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't need to know if they are lying or not. I've read the Swedish govt website that explains exactly what their lockdown restrictions are. I don't need second-hand anecdotal explanations

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/restriktioner-och-forbud

It's roughly in the same ball park to what we had in Tier 2 lockdowns, plus an international travel ban.

They're most likely laughing at us because British people were too stupid to follow that level of restriction and have to be locked down more stringently for our own good

Do you think if someone who didn't live in England read our Government website to gauge the current situation it would be an accurate representation of what is happening here?

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

You can fault the Govt for a lot of things, but 10m ppl have had their first jab already - impressive stuff ?

Yes we should congratulate the government for finally getting something right. They left the job of giving out the jab to the NHS, an organisation experienced in carrying out mass vaccination and didn't waste millions of pounds on a private company, for them to rooster it up.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

You can fault the Govt for a lot of things, but 10m ppl have had their first jab already - impressive stuff ?

It is excellent indeed.

We should celebrate the wins when they come and then a full inquiry is called for when we have this thing heading for the hills.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You are literally the only person on the thread who thinks this is a left wing/right wing issue. I've not seen anybody else mention it.

Taking your example into account then I'm assuming looking at the death toll tells us we have done the right thing and the scientific advice we have followed is the correct advice?

You keep bringing it up to, presumably to get posts removed. 

31 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Are you a delivery driver for Ikea?

Or a member of popular beat combo and rebel rousers, Abba?

Awful stereotyping, I’m offended 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Oh come on , this right wing stuff is your obsession, you keep throwing it out , I really don’t give a stuff what labels anybody puts on people whether right wing or left wing

No one is putting labels on people. You love a conspiracy, what do you think about the funding and promotion of the Great Barrington Declaration? Is it acceptable because it backs up your opinions?

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

No one is putting labels on people. You love a conspiracy, what do you think about the funding and promotion of the Great Barrington Declaration? Is it acceptable because it backs up your opinions?

One Koch supports another?

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I wonder if say Tommy Robinson came out in support of lockdowns would you dismiss as right wing and of no value, I can only tell you from my experience people’s opinions on lockdown have not been herded by left / right leaning, you really do yourself no favours by this obsession,it’s just the brexit thread re run

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Labels again , I don’t agree with you so I love a conspiracy, I don’t know how you get away with this garbage when others have stuff removed

18 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Seriously I'm getting worried about you!

You are literally the only poster who thinks this is a right wing/left wing issue.

Not one single other poster has suggested it from what I've seen.

You spent the first 6 months talking about Dominic Cummimgs and it looks like the next 6 months will be Toby Young and right wing think tank.

Why would I want any of your posts removed? I don't believe in censoring anyone's views.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seriously I'm getting worried about you!

You are literally the only poster who thinks this is a right wing/left wing issue.

Not one single other poster has suggested it from what I've seen.

You spent the first 6 months talking about Dominic Cummimgs and it looks like the next 6 months will be Toby Young and right wing think tank.

Why would I want any of your posts removed? I don't believe in censoring anyone's views.

Fair play, you are still here after months, making the same points that are taken apart by most other posters. I think I've done my shift for now, someone else can take over for a bit. I've had enough of experts.

Archived