• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Your pubs be allowed stay

London clubs can fans back in

Your cinemas could remain open

Theathers been allowed to open 

That's sounds more freedoms that were been allowed to have.

But now we’re in Tier 3 with you. Happy now?

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting opinion here on Johnson following the fringe "science".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/14/herd-immunity-boris-johnson-coronavirus

The conclusion is very interesting indeed...

the only way to protect prosperity is to suppress Covid as far as possible until widespread vaccination has occurred

Its easy to say this, what is the authors recommendation for doing this exactly?

15 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But now we’re in Tier 3 with you. Happy now?

Some people online seem very happy with Londons pubs being closed - almost like we deserve to be punished. The whole regional variation causes resentment, some people (wrongly imo) seemed to think London 'deserved' tier 3 just by virtue of being a big city. 

I've even seen people twist it further and say they've only put London in tier 3 so theyve got a good enough excuse to keep Manchester in tier 3... 

It really makes very little difference.. 

Right I've revisited what IDS said in The House of Commons today.

It is something along the lines of he has held discussion with PHE and hospitals in his borough and that they maintain the infection rate is almost exclusive to school age children and their parents.

Went on to say that hospitals are not overcrowded and plenty of capcity in ICUs.

In response, Matt Hancock said nothing to question this.

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well you should been in tier 3 start of with but seen a picture of oxford street thousands and thousands of people shopping and not one wearing a mask.

Yet I know someone who was on Oxford Street on Friday and it was empty.. You don’t have to wear masks outside anyway..

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It is something along the lines of he has held discussion with PHE and hospitals in his borough and that they maintain the infection rate is almost exclusive to school age children and their parents.

Went on to say that hospitals are not overcrowded and plenty of capcity in ICUs.

IDS is notoriously stupid though, so I wouldn't put to much trust in his position.

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yet I know someone who was on Oxford Street on Friday and it was empty.. You don’t have to wear masks outside anyway..

I guess is depends on what time of day it was but these sort of pictures put you as a city in a bad light. But I also good people like your self being treated unfairly. But I do feel if goverment took rules and stuck to them instead of breaking them. I think they would find a lot more people willing obay them.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought MHs argument was that it had spread to the over 60s..

I think the worry is that the past few days they've seen a huge increase in admissions in London. 

Screenshot_20201214_200940_com.android.chrome.png

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We will once the new super virulent COVID starts its first spike alongside the super but not quite so super old COVID 3rd spike, reckon by next Christmas we could have enough spikes to shame a hedge hog 

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

IDS is notoriously stupid though, so I wouldn't put to much trust in his position.

But surely Matt Hancock should be putting his argument to bed there and then before equally stupid people such as myself are able to pick up on the point and start asking questions?

16 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I thought MHs argument was that it had spread to the over 60s..

I think the worry is that the past few days they've seen a huge increase in admissions in London. 

Screenshot_20201214_200940_com.android.chrome.png

Cant see what that graph shows?

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Cant see what that graph shows?

That's daily admissions to hospital for covid in NHS London area. For reference the attached is the NW.

Pretty similar until the past few days. (bear in mind Londons population is greater than the NW).

Screenshot_20201214_212210_com.android.chrome.png

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

But surely Matt Hancock should be putting his argument to bed there and then before equally stupid people such as myself are able to pick up on the point and start asking questions?

I'll have a look and see what was said. 

Don't do yourself down and bracket yourself along with IDS though, I'm sure you're hiding behind false modesty there.

Of course there’s a new strain, if it wasn’t that it’d be “long Covid” they try and scare us with.

Our society and way of life is being destroyed, job losses at record high. I hope it’s all worth it. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Of course there’s a new strain, if it wasn’t that it’d be “long Covid” they try and scare us with.

Our society and way of life is being destroyed, job losses at record high. I hope it’s all worth it. 

Of course you’re right. How silly of us not to see the truth.

The governments, medical experts and scientists throughout most of the world have clearly got a hidden agenda to destroy economies and people’s lives. (Sarcasm alert in case I was too subtle). All we’ve got to figure out now is what they’ve got gain from it.

Archived