Coronavirus

1of4

40 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The government have said that all pupils that attend schools in London and parts of Kent will be tested for coronavirus if these areas go into tier 3. 

Why hasn't every pupil in the country who's schools are a tier 3 area been given the test.

No wonder a large part of the country think that the south and more particularly London are given preferential treatment than that given to the rest of the country

Same could have been said about Liverpool though when they had mass testing but no other area of the country did to any degree. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Same could have been said about Liverpool though when they had mass testing but no other area of the country did to any degree. 

Come on we all knew this was a government scam. How many Scousers are going to voluntarily give up their name and address along with a sample of their DNA.

Nottinghamshire NHS reporting staff have been subjected to abuse by people wanting (and being refused ) to jump the queue for vaccination.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

From Beeb:

China's aviation regulator has recommended cabin crew wear disposable nappies and avoid using the toilet to cut the risk of Covid-19 infection.

The advice on nappies is in a section on personal protective equipment (PPE) in new guidelines for airlines.

Setting out its advice in a new 49-page set of guidelines for airlines, the regulator said the recommendation applied to charter flights to high-risk Covid-19 destinations.

"Oh, god the food smells awful on this flight"

"That's not the food. It's a full nappy"

The mind boggles

This is your craptain speaking - we shall be cruising at 35000 feet etc

15 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Nottinghamshire NHS reporting staff have been subjected to abuse by people wanting (and being refused ) to jump the queue for vaccination.

To be fair with the amount of nobs you get in a population of UK proportion you'll get that everywhere.  Saw on telly last night  a shop owner in Kent who had everything pulled of the shelves by some bloke, when she refused shop access to his mother in law who wouldn't put a mask on 

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair with the amount of nobs you get in a population of UK proportion you'll get that everywhere.  Saw on telly last night  a shop owner in Kent who had everything pulled of the shelves by some bloke, when she refused shop access to his mother in law who wouldn't put a mask on 

Yep, the pandemic does seem to have unearthed more of the inner nob in people though. 

Apparantly according to the COVID Symptom Study (ZOE) Derby and Derbyshire (And Notts) are one of the best performining Tier 3 areas and most likely to be reduced to Tier 2.

Its in the tabloid press so who knows for sure but it would be nice to have a little more freedom before christmas.

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure if this is one of your irony posts, but there is some pretty obscene poverty all across London too.

Old news mate. It's just avacado quaffing yuppie hipsters these days all over London. All those homeless beggars are millionaires who are too lazy to work. It's about time that the Liberal Elite from Stonebridge Park and Peckham stop telling the rest of the country what to do! 

Thank god North London's Boris Johnson is fighting back against North Londoners!

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yes - You can't really compare pubs. Our small local has good management and sensible punters - but when I walked through the town centre I saw the bigger pubs full of drunk people, not caring at all about any rules at all

You could say close those pubs and keep the small ones open, but that wouldn't work as the punters from town would just head to wherever is stil serving. The landlord of my local was actually quite happy that they were closed down as it was so hard to manage and they make enough on selling take-outs (and not having staff costs) to keep them ticking over

Well good for him , it seems easier to be happy to be closed down if your making enough to tick over while your competitors are forced to the wall ??‍♂️
you also remind me of a mate who what’s apped our group to tell us he couldn’t believe the amount of people in regent street , erm but he s there??‍♂️, 65 year old diabetic who slates everybody for not agreeing with the rules but is out on the golf course 3 times a week ? 

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The government have said that all pupils that attend schools in London and parts of Kent will be tested for coronavirus if these areas go into tier 3. 

Why hasn't every pupil in the country who's schools are a tier 3 area been given the test.

No wonder a large part of the country think that the south and more particularly London are given preferential treatment than that given to the rest of the country

You all laughed at me a while back when I said watch how this all pans out in terms of north / south ?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

You all laughed at me a while back when I said watch how this all pans out in terms of north / south ?

I really enjoyed North and South. RIP Patrick Swayze. 

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/scotch-egg-debate-irrelevant-pubs-4764085

It isn't, but it's that or nothing.

When you've got pubs who've won multiple local and regional pub of the year awards reduced to serving between 8-10 customers a day, selling maybe 30-40 pints of takeout beer (so £108-£144 based on a £3.60 pint) but still having to pay overheads how can it possibly be worthwhile? 

...it's OK though because the government are giving them £32 per day to cover their losses for December

The utterly ridiculous 'substantial meal' thing is going to be a killer even in tier 2, there's really not much hope out there for many pubs even when out of tier 3.

Not sure where your figure of £32 per day comes from?

Lets not forget the Government have given business rates relief.

They have also implemented the furlough scheme.

Im not sure that the pubs are running up big losses, if they are the bounce back loans of £50,000 were available.

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Im not sure that the pubs are running up big losses, if they are the bounce back loans of £50,000 were available.

oh, so racking up further debt to survive, instead of actually working and earning, is a good thing?

I had a bounceback loan, now I've got a panic about paying it back! (Not that I'm a pub, but a loan is not a brilliant solution)

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

oh, so racking up further debt to survive, instead of actually working and earning, is a good thing?

I had a bounceback loan, now I've got a panic about paying it back! (Not that I'm a pub, but a loan is not a brilliant solution)

No of course its not, I'd much rather businesses be allowed to open up.

Not sure how these businesses are supposedly running up huge losses though?

46 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No of course its not, I'd much rather businesses be allowed to open up.

Not sure how these businesses are supposedly running up huge losses though?

Property rental, equipment hire, phone/broadband contracts, insurances etc, stock depletion (out of date etc) - as a few expenses/losses. 

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Property rental, equipment hire, phone/broadband contracts, insurances etc, stock depletion (out of date etc) - as a few expenses/losses. 

Yeah but isn't that what the grants are there to cover?

Not saying these businesses are not having a rough time of it but can't see where any big losses are being run up.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah but isn't that what the grants are there to cover?

Not saying these businesses are not having a rough time of it but can't see where any big losses are being run up.

What grants? I don’t have any experience of this but can you tell me (maybe even a link) what grants are keeping small and medium companies afloat for a year? 

12 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

What grants? I don’t have any experience of this but can you tell me (maybe even a link) what grants are keeping small and medium companies afloat for a year? 

Small businesses, that are non domestic rates payers, got grants of £25,000 or £10,000 during lockdown 1, depending on the rateable value.

For nate paying businesses, discretionary grants were available from local councils. 

In lockdown 2, grants available are £3000, £2000 or £1333 per 30 days that the business is forced to close.

Archived