Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mis-information videos...the new bus!

You didn't answer my question though. Have you (and other sceptics) always been suspicious of vaccines and if so, where does this come from?

I may be wrong, but many of the people sceptical on the seriousness of Covid and the need for lockdowns, also seem to be those sceptical on vaccines.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I may be wrong, but many of the people sceptical on the seriousness of Covid and the need for lockdowns, also seem to be those sceptical on vaccines.

It's an observation I had too - there is definitely a contrarian "type" who just like to be against whatever direction the establishment wants us to go in

Yet it rarely seems to extend to being anti-capitalist, despite that being the dominant orthodoxy foisted on all of us (and by far the most damaging to just about everything). Go figure...

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

You didn't answer my question though. Have you (and other sceptics) always been suspicious of vaccines and if so, where does this come from?

Me personally, I'm sceptic of all medication and only take it in absolute emergencies.

Already said I will take the vaccine but just never been a fan of putting chemicals in my body.

And yes I know I drink alcohol and have processed food etc..

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Me personally, I'm sceptic of all medication and only take it in absolute emergencies.

Already said I will take the vaccine but just never been a fan of putting chemicals in my body.

So in short, you're more than happy to imbibe foodstuffs you know will slowly kill you, but are resistant putting anything into your system that might actually save your life? Genius ?

11 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So in short, you're more than happy to imbibe foodstuffs you know will slowly kill you, but are resistant putting anything into your system that might actually save your life? Genius ?

Of course the quite obvious difference is if I don't have the vaccine I have an extremely high chance of still living until I'm in my 80s...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where does that scepticism come from though. My mom is the same and there doesn't seem any reason for it. Can you justify it with any rational, are your parents like that?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Of course the quite obvious difference is if I don't have the vaccine I have an extremely high chance of still living until I'm in my 80s...

Says who? Sorry, but I need a peer reviewed study that unequivocally proves that podgy middle-aged men who insist on eating crap food, yet refuse medicines unless at death's door, have an 'extremely high chance' of surviving into their eighties. 

Could you also provide FACTS that show that folk who accept vaccines don't live into their eighties please and what percentage of those who are at least 80 years old have been vaccinated over the course of their life? 

Perhaps also a study confirming the huge number of deaths caused by vaccines versus the teeny-weeny death count as a result of poor diet and alcohol consumption. Must be loads out there. Ta.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Says who? Sorry, but I need a peer reviewed study that unequivocally proves that podgy middle-aged men who insist on eating crap food, yet refuse medicines unless at death's door, have an 'extremely high chance' of surviving into their eighties. 

Could you also provide FACTS that show that folk who accept vaccines don't live into their eighties please and what percentage of those who are at least 80 years old have been vaccinated over the course of their life? 

Perhaps also a study confirming the huge number of deaths caused by vaccines versus the teeny-weeny death count as a result of poor diet and alcohol consumption. Must be loads out there. Ta.

I'll go out and find some people who have lived into their 80s without taking a vaccine, you go find some that have made it into their 80s without eating. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Where does that scepticism come from though. My mom is the same and there doesn't seem any reason for it. Can you justify it with any rational, are your parents like that?

Guess it must have come from when I was young and didn't like taking medicine.

Also feel that it is better to build up your own immune system rather than rely on medication to protect you all of the time.

In 30 years of working you can count on one hand how many days I have had off sick so must be doing something right.

No, my parents and sibling have never been adverse to using medication, just me.

9 hours ago, maxjam said:

Pretty standard, and hardly worrying. Allergic reactions to vaccines is the reason people are asked about such prior to being vaccinated. Equally, such reactions are one of the very reasons that anti-vaxxers are so harmful to the community. There are people for whom getting a vaccine represents a larger risk, hence we avoid vaccinating them. This is no issue at all as long as others are getting vaccinated. Once you get anti-vaxxers, whether they're full blown pants on head 'vaccines cause autism', or even 'just sceptical of this vaccine' types, any reduction then puts pressure on the high risks groups.

It's ridiculous and selfish, but with the amount of disinformation in the modern World, it's just part of life. The funny part is that the seriousness people take these kinds of allergic reactions only goes to show just how safe they are in general. When you look at the kinds of side effects from everyday medicines compared to vaccines, I do wonder why it's the vaccines that the nutters decided to have a go at. I suspect it's because they're government recommended, which makes them an easy target for people wanting to push disinformation for money. 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mis-information videos...the new Brexit bus!

Are you saying that you support the idea of disinformation? 

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's an observation I had too - there is definitely a contrarian "type" who just like to be against whatever direction the establishment wants us to go in

Yet it rarely seems to extend to being anti-capitalist, despite that being the dominant orthodoxy foisted on all of us (and by far the most damaging to just about everything). Go figure...

Made even more bizarre by the fact that the people that are now happy to follow every direction, many without any logic or basis, from the Government, are the same people who spent the previous 4 years telling us that the Government are self serving liars who are only interested in the needs of their benefactors. Go figure...

59 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Made even more bizarre by the fact that the people that are now happy to follow every direction, many without any logic or basis, from the Government, are the same people who spent the previous 4 years telling us that the Government are self serving liars who are only interested in the needs of their benefactors. Go figure...

To be fair, most seem very critical of the government in the UK right now. The advice that people are listening to is the advice coming form the health experts, and that is being driven by a desire to get out of this dire situation. 

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Saw today 9000 false positive tests at Cambridge Uni. Hmmm. 

Source? 

Archived