DCFC U23's v THFC Free On Rams TV Mon 13th Jan

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only saw fleeting moments but a moment of shocking refereeing in the second half. Hector-Ingram clear on goal absolutely brutally taken out. Clear red card. Ball rolled on to Whittaker and the ref played a reasonable advantage, but it came to nothing. Once the ball was dead he had to send the Spurs player off, but not even a yellow. Really poor. Yet he booked Sibley for something that looked totally innocuous. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Only saw last bits of the 2nd half. Sibley looked very subdued? No-one seemed to want to pass to Festy nor set up Trialist?

Lots of possession going nowhere... 

Not sure what you were watching mate. JHI had two shots on goal in the last 10 minutes and Derby dominated the 2nd half. Sibley ran himself senseless and yet still crashed a potential winner against the bar 15 minutes from time. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not sure what you were watching mate. JHI had two shots on goal in the last 10 minutes and Derby dominated the 2nd half. Sibley ran himself senseless and yet still crashed a potential winner against the bar 15 minutes from time. 

I was watching what you were. How much possesion did Festy have? Trialists shots were from too far out (well the one i remember). He gets pennos and fouls from running with the ball near goal. #meh whatever, didn't look as good as they have done.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was watching what you were. How much possesion did Festy have? Trialists shots were from too far out (well the one i remember). He gets pennos and fouls from running with the ball near goal. #meh whatever, didn't look as good as they have done.

Not biting mate. You have your standard good old moan and a pleasant evening eh! 

45 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Only saw fleeting moments but a moment of shocking refereeing in the second half. Hector-Ingram clear on goal absolutely brutally taken out. Clear red card. Ball rolled on to Whittaker and the ref played a reasonable advantage, but it came to nothing. Once the ball was dead he had to send the Spurs player off, but not even a yellow. Really poor. Yet he booked Sibley for something that looked totally innocuous. 

You can’t play advantage and then go back to send the player off. 

2 hours ago, tinman said:

You can’t play advantage and then go back to send the player off. 

I thought that sounded daft so I just googled the laws of the game and it is daft. Of course you can. It's in the "Advantage" paragraph here:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

"If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except for the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

"Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.

Archived