Dowell to Wigan on loan

ram59

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Dowell has gone to Wigan on loan. 

That should free up finance and loan space for another possible loan signing in a more needed position. 

Maybe his space has been taken by knight - so no space 

56 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No surprise he can only get a loan at Wigan now. Fraud of a midfielder 

What utter nonsense 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe his space has been taken by knight - so no space

Maybe you should read my post more carefully. Basically, I said that we are restricted to a number of loan players and that we would be better off getting a loan for another position, ie centre half or winger. 

On 03/01/2020 at 20:46, Alpha said:

If a Wigan fan says "What type of player is he?"

What do you answer? 

I know as much about him now as I did 12 months ago. 

We never saw him playing as a attacking midfielder which is his position. Central midfielder he is certainly not, he doesn't have legs for that.

We have seen Holmes to prosper without Lawrence, I'd very sure that Dowell would done better without him on the way as well.

Just now, Dimmu said:

We never saw him playing as a attacking midfielder which is his position. Central midfielder he is certainly not, he doesn't have legs for that.

We have seen Holmes to prosper without Lawrence, I'd very sure that Dowell would done better without him on the way as well.

Yeah possibly. 

Good luck to him anyway. No need to hate on him. He needs to find that spark from his time at Forest. Karanka put him on the shelf and he's been up there ever since.

On 03/01/2020 at 23:13, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Let's be honest, Dowell has some technical ability, but lacks that physical presence and mobility to be an influence in the championship. It is almost as if he was a stop gap to allow knight and bird a couple more months to develop. I wish him well with Wigan.

It’s interesting Cos as u say he’s what we would call a “technical” player.

but for a “technical” player his passing and end product ... well we’re terrible 

and then he just sauntered around the pitch like “a technical” player does 

I think tbh he’s one of those who thinks he’s a lot better than he is.

there is an argument in that he did his best work at forest in the whole behind and front man, not sat in a midfield two, which begs the question what cocu was thinking but on the rare occasion he got minutes in his proffered position he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he was worth keeping there 

the lad needs to find his level, not sure it’s championship tbh, he tailed off horribly at forest i was reliably informed, was bit part at sheff united and here clearly not made the grade 

I think the lad needs to sit down and question what he wants to do with himself, if he knuckled down and applied himself more intensely on the pitch and worked a lot harder on and off the ball there could be something there 

just don’t see it right now 

Archived