The Politics Thread 2020

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

These protests are not peaceful. 

With the emotions attached they never will be unfortunately ?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early days to attribute it to the protests yet. Sky reports

Forbury Gardens is the site where Black Lives Matter protests have been taking place over recent weekends, though there is no suggestion that the incident is linked to any protests.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Protests often aren't. It doesn't lessen the importance of what is being protested in this case.

Sadly it does though roy , if You are going to protest black lives matter then they must matter to you ,not talking about reading incident because I’ve no clue what that is yet but black lives have been lost to black lives matter protests and riots in America 

From the actual article...

A peaceful Black Lives Matter protest took place at the park earlier today. There is no suggestion that the incident is linked to any protests.

Would help if folk would wait to hear what's actually gone on before passing judgement.

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

From the actual article...

A peaceful Black Lives Matter protest took place at the park earlier today. There is no suggestion that the incident is linked to any protests.

Would help if folk would wait to hear what's actually gone on before passing judgement.

There's not much chance of that.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

With the emotions attached they never will be unfortunately ?

Did you, @Uptherams or  @Andicis even read the article you posted or were you all in such a ducking hurry to post some self-righteous BS about the BLM protest that you couldn't even be bothered?

This was a terrorist attack by a Libyan who is said to have attacked up to 12 people, three of whom are dead.  It had absolutely duck all to do with what was a perfectly peaceful protest much like the vast majority of those held outside London have been. 

Apart from making yourselves look like complete fools, it's also pretty clear on what side of the fence you lot stand ?

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Did you, @Uptherams or  @Andicis even read the article you posted or were you all in such a ducking hurry to post some self-righteous BS about the BLM protest that you couldn't even be bothered?

This was a terrorist attack by a Libyan who is said to have attacked up to 12 people, three of whom are dead.  It had absolutely duck all to do with what was a perfectly peaceful protest much like the vast majority of those held outside London have been. 

Apart from making yourselves look like complete fools, it's also pretty clear on what side of the fence you lot stand ?

What I had read at the time seemed to be framing it as linked with the protests, clearly it isn't, I was wrong and I apologise. I will refrain from commenting without full details next time.

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

And you're tagging me because? 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

For applauding the sentiment of the posts, thereby illustrating your wholehearted approval thereof, obviously. Did you really need me to explain that?

Nope. You've lost me. I haven't said anything. Don't project onto people ?

Just now, Uptherams said:

Nope. You've lost me. I haven't said anything. Don't project onto people ?

You've used the applause emoji in support of posts inferring the trouble was as a result of the BLM protests. You know perfectly well anyway, so by all means feign ignorance if it pleases you, but it's there for all to see.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You've used the applause emoji in support of posts inferring the trouble was as a result of the BLM protests. You know perfectly well anyway, so by all means feign ignorance if it pleases you, but it's there for all to see.

No I haven't actually. I haven't inferred anything.

This tragedy is being reported as an an act of terrorism.  It's also being reported that the culprit is a Male, Libyan, and illegal immigrant that crossed the channel, in a dingey.

These protests aren't peaceful. Referring to BLM and Antifa. My clap is an agreement of that. ??

17 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No I haven't actually. I haven't inferred anything.

This tragedy is being reported as an an act of terrorism.  It's also being reported that the culprit is a Male, Libyan, and illegal immigrant that crossed the channel, in a dingey.

These protests aren't peaceful. Referring to BLM and Antifa. My clap is an agreement of that. ??

So you're clapping a post referencing a peaceful protest to agree that these protests are never peaceful ?‍♂️ LMFAO. Think you've tied your todger in a knot right there old chap.

I'll leave you to squirm and obfuscate to your heart's content anyway. Been too good a day to waste on your BS. 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So your clapping a post referencing a peaceful protest to agree that these protests are never peaceful ?‍♂️ LMFAO. Think you've tied your todger in a knot right there old chap.

I'll leave you to squirm and obfuscate to your heart's content anyway. Been too good a day to waste on your BS. 

Who said they are never peaceful? As a collective they aren't.

BLM and Antifa want to abolish the police and end capitalism. I've seen the clips on twitter of the aftermath of this attack. I just want to take this moment to thank the police for helping these people after they were stabbed. Saving some lives and then arresting the evil culprit. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

What I had read at the time seemed to be framing it as linked with the protests, clearly it isn't, I was wrong and I apologise. I will refrain from commenting without full details next time.

I assumed it was linked to the BLM protests too and a far right nutter had attacked a random group of people who didn't have white skin.

Archived