The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With everything that's been taking our attention recently. Anyone know how the talks with the EU are progressing?

I did see Michael Gove informing Parliament that the government had no intention of extending the transition period. That they weren't prepared to give more money to the EU, money that could be spent on the NHS Have they recently re-parked that big red bus outside the Palace of Westminster.

Also noticed that Parliament passed a new agricultural bill. A bill that allows for the lowering of standards of food being imported into the UK. Something that Johnson said he wouldn't allow to happen. 

I suppose that we should get use to hearing more and more lies from him and his government in the coming years.

What other laws will we see this tory government replace, to the detriment of the nation? Maybe Employment laws and Health and safety laws for starters.

Hhhmmm, You've noticed that Parliament passed a new bill, But you've yet to google Brexit talks.

Me thinks someones trying cook up a stinking Fish Stew.

I think Barnier wishes he was negotiating with this man ☺️

_52945929_hi006791244.jpg

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Hhhmmm, You've noticed that Parliament passed a new bill, But you've yet to google Brexit talks.

Talks are going well at the moment ,Frosties doing a great job pissing off Barmier who was used to ordering May around. If we go to WTO terms I'll give them 2-3 months before we get everything we want .Stick it out boys.

Sith Happens

So the thousands are out in their protests today as shown in this scene from Manchester:

1d494e8b-ef91-4697-8af0-373981eda9be.jpg

All I can say is I understand that I will never understand why people would willfully and knowingly put thousands of lives at risk by gathering in crowds during a global pandemic, surely their continued actions are going to result in some people becoming seriously ill or dying of this horrendous virus.

I am not dismissing the anger they feel over the horrific events that triggered these protests, but surely their actions by putting innocent people at risk are as bad as the scumbag who murdered George Floyd.

As someone who is in the extremely vulnerable group I am thinking of making my own banner in protest at their method of protesting...

aminext.jpg

56 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With everything that's been taking our attention recently. Anyone know how the talks with the EU are progressing?

Precisely as intended all along. No deal, blame the EU.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Talks are going well at the moment ,Frosties doing a great job pissing off Barmier who was used to ordering May around. If we go to WTO terms I'll give them 2-3 months before we get everything we want .Stick it out boys.

The standards of today, Sir Oliver Robbins who was patted on the head by Barnier and given a knighthood by May for failure, Then we have plain John Bercow who colluded with the opposition, Has failed in his attempts to get the Lordship he so craved.

Barnier has now lost his free reign to negotiate, He's under orders by his paymasters to play hardball and try to re-capture the upper hand that he once had.

As Jimmy Greaves once said...."it's a funny old game"

38 minutes ago, TramRam said:

He probably does. The one he's trying to hold negotiations with keeps spitting is dummy out because he and Johnson can't understand why the EU don't want to play by their rules.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Precisely as intended all along. No deal, blame the EU.

I was in London for the Charlton game gave it a miss as staying in the pub on a rainy Saturday was a better Idea, Also there was the march for a 2nd referendum and Parliament sitting on a saturday.

Us leavers were having a bad day, We lost in Parliament, It looked like a 2nd referendum was in sight and DCFC lost 3-0, Remainers were whooping it up and no doubt some on here.

Then as Politicians being Politicians...a trap was set, The Lib Dems were the 1st to fall into the honey trap their leader who must have been on some strong stuff when talking to Andrew Neil, Said she could be the next PM, Then demanded that Labour fall into line and ask for that GE, Even Blair(who I dont like) shouted no no no, Don't fall for it it's a trap, but then JC decided(or advised)...lets call BJs bluff, Labour MPs were sent realing and were as confused as I was...the loon wanted a GE, A GE most new he was going to lose.

And that Children is how big bad BJ saw off the opposition, Show the electorate that the opposition is weak and make them come out fighting, Only they had nothing to fight with, And got well and truly knocked out.

Remainers were nearly there, You had us on the ropes, But you couldn't find that knockout punch.

18 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

He probably does. The one he's trying to hold negotiations with keeps spitting is dummy out because he and Johnson can't understand why the EU don't want to play by their rules.

Without either of us spitting our dummies out, Accusing Frost of spitting his dummy out, When he's not happy with what they've offered, I'll call him a better negotiator than Robbins, The EU were doing what we are doing now.

Really saddening to see folk saying that it's fine that a 75 year old man can be shoved over and left with blood pouring out of his head just for having the temerity to walk towards dozens of police officers, all of whom were equipped with face guards, batons and riot gear. I find the suggestion that he got what he deserved pretty repugnant if I'm honest. If someone treated my old man like that, I'd end them without giving it a thought.

When people attempt to justify this kind of police action, I'm afraid they lose me on the spot. It's a completely over the top response by any measure and bullying of the absolute lowest kind. Physical abuse of kids, old folk and women is not acceptable and I'm absolutely stunned to see people suggesting otherwise and applauding the sentiment. 

As for the cops, well if riot police seriously feel threatened by one frail old pensioner, they're ducking cowards and plainly in the wrong job. I'm sure I must have seen a more pathetically fearful reaction from a riot cop at some point in my life, but right now, I'm struggling to recall one.

There have always been political spats on this forum, but this thread has taken a very dark turn in recent days and its thoroughly depressing to watch. 

3 minutes ago, TramRam said:

I was in London for the Charlton game gave it a miss as staying in the pub on a rainy Saturday was a better Idea, Also there was the march for a 2nd referendum and Parliament sitting on a saturday.

Us leavers were having a bad day, We lost in Parliament, It looked like a 2nd referendum was in sight and DCFC lost 3-0, Remainers were whooping it up and no doubt some on here.

Then as Politicians being Politicians...a trap was set, The Lib Dems were the 1st to fall into the honey trap their leader who must have been on some strong stuff when talking to Andrew Neil, Said she could be the next PM, Then demanded that Labour fall into line and ask for that GE, Even Blair(who I dont like) shouted no no no, Don't fall for it it's a trap, but then JC decided(or advised)...lets call BJs bluff, Labour MPs were sent realing and were as confused as I was...the loon wanted a GE, A GE most new he was going to lose.

And that Children is how big bad BJ saw off the opposition, Show the electorate that the opposition is weak and make them come out fighting, Only they had nothing to fight with, And got well and truly knocked out.

Remainers were nearly there, You had us on the ropes, But you couldn't find that knockout punch.

Because 'No Deal' is likely to be really bad (not as bad as the pandemic, so there's that, I suppose, but I think that it will take a longer time for us to recover compared to other nations), are you seriously going to blame remainers? Equally, are remainers going to get the blame for the most right-wing government we have had in the last 100 years, because one decision begat the other. Only time will tell - but if I'm still alive, I will most definitely tell you that people made an utterly stupid, irrational decision. It's always been my point of view, and will remain so until the day that I am proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Really saddening to see folk saying that it's fine that a 75 year old man can be shoved over and left with blood pouring out of his head just for having the temerity to walk towards dozens of police officers, all of whom were equipped with face guards, batons and riot gear. I find the suggestion that he got what he deserved pretty repugnant if I'm honest. If someone treated my old man like that, I'd end them without giving it a thought.

Agreed, But you have to see it from their view point, Dozens of them, All tooled up, Padded, Shields, Riot sticks, Guns, When being approached by a 75 year old must have been terrifying for them, Instead of the arm around the shoulder to shephard him away, Those arms were used to push him away, Bullying of the highest order...no need WHAT SO EVER!?

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

There have always been political spats on this forum, but this thread has taken a very dark turn in recent days and its thoroughly depressing to watch. 

I haven't seen it, so I can only suggest that you put the same people on ignore that I have done. You will never persuade them, because they are lost causes and just not worth the effort.

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Really saddening to see folk saying that it's fine that a 75 year old man can be shoved over and left with blood pouring out of his head just for having the temerity to walk towards dozens of police officers, all of whom were equipped with face guards, batons and riot gear. I find the suggestion that he got what he deserved pretty repugnant if I'm honest. ...

As for the cops, well if riot police seriously feel threatened by one frail old pensioner, they're ducking cowards and plainly in the wrong job. I'm sure I must have seen a more pathetically fearful reaction from a riot cop at some point in my life, but right now, I'm struggling to recall one.

Wow! I only pop onto the politics thread every now and again, but to hear this has been said. I'm stunned. Not able to join in the argument because there's nothing to argue. Their actions were abhorrent and wrong.

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

When people attempt to justify this kind of police action, I'm afraid they lose me on the spot. It's a completely over the top response by any measure and bullying of the absolute lowest kind. Physical abuse of kids, old folk and women is not acceptable and I'm absolutely stunned to see people suggesting otherwise and applauding the sentiment. 

Agree no one should be advocating harm on someone. Hopefully those posts have been removed as to do so is against the rule of the forum.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I am not dismissing the anger they feel over the horrific events that triggered these protests, but surely their actions by putting innocent people at risk are as bad as the scumbag who murdered George Floyd.

Are you seriously equating another admittedly hugely irresponsible, but peaceful protest, to a cop who calmly placed a knee on the neck of a handcuffed prisoner and spent 9 minutes choking him to death?

Actually, that's not a question! 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Because 'No Deal' is likely to be really bad (not as bad as the pandemic, so there's that, I suppose, but I think that it will take a longer time for us to recover compared to other nations), are you seriously going to blame remainers? Equally, are remainers going to get the blame for the most right-wing government we have had in the last 100 years, because one decision begat the other. Only time will tell - but if I'm still alive, I will most definitely tell you that people made an utterly stupid, irrational decision. It's always been my point of view, and will remain so until the day that I am proved wrong.

Yes, Those remainers refused to accept the Referendum Result, If they and when I say they, The ordinary citizen, High profile film stars, Singer song writers, Celebs, Politicians and a plethara of others, If you hadn't have made such a song and dance about it, Theresa May and her cohorts would have got a deal that would/could have pacified all, They/We might not have been happy about the end product but a deal could have been struck, BJ may not be our PM, A Tory Party with a majority of 80 may not be making the Laws of the land now...so yes you reap what you sow

I respect your viewpoint, But dont get respect and agree mixed up, I've been against the EU way before the term Brexit was concieved, I'm not a little Englander, Altho I love this Country, The EU saw us as a cash cow, They wouldn't listen to our concerns, They thought they had us by the goolies, They slapped us down when we complained and told us to accept their membership rules.

Remainers prolonged the agony of Brexit

Sith Happens
Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Are you seriously equating another admittedly hugely irresponsible, but peaceful protest, to a cop who calmly placed a knee on the neck of a handcuffed prisoner and spent 9 minutes choking him to death?

No perhaps thats OTT, but it makes me so angry, thousands of people are dying each week from this awful virus. People WILL get sick and people WILL die as a result of these protests peaceful or not.

The difference is when they are back in their homes having stopped protesting they won't be aware of those people taking their last breaths as a result of their actions.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I can see where Paul is coming from.  The scumbag who killed George Floyd probably did not want to kill him, but that was the consequence of his action. One man dead.  The protestors out today in their thousands do not want to kill anyone, but by a great many of them clearly not social distancing the very real likelihood is that a significant number of people will today contract a disease that has killed more than 50000 in the UK this year. I suspect more than one person will die in due course as a consequence of failing to follow guidelines.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I did see Michael Gove informing Parliament that the government had no intention of extending the transition period. That they weren't prepared to give more money to the EU, money that could be spent on the NHS Have they recently re-parked that big red bus outside the Palace of Westminster.

Also noticed that Parliament passed a new agricultural bill. A bill that allows for the lowering of standards of food being imported into the UK. Something that Johnson said he wouldn't allow to happen. 

I suppose that we should get use to hearing more and more lies from him and his government in the coming years.

What other laws will we see this tory government replace, to the detriment of the nation? Maybe Employment laws and Health and safety laws for starters.

The EU are playing a dangerous game no deal and we prosper it will prove no need for an EU. I predicted no deal before the vote.

Archived