The Politics Thread 2020

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because the right absolutely has none of them. 

In other news, I am pleased to announce that I exceeded my target of dating 100,000 women in April*.

*this number includes women I asked out that haven't responded yet. 

You should look up the meaning of hypocrisy if that was your attempt at displaying it...

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It wasn't. I was making two points in one post. That both sides of the political spectrum are loaded with hipocrisy and the amount of tests that were announced was an inflated number. 

And it was well funny!

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because the right absolutely has none of them. 

In other news, I am pleased to announce that I exceeded my target of dating 100,000 women in April*.

*this number includes women I asked out that haven't responded yet. 

Quality ?

"Make robbery become larceny, make rapes disappear, you juke the stats and majors become colonels." The Wire knows.

What's the old saying about lies and statistics?

Hancock's just the latest in doing what everyone else does. The opposition should be making a better fist of calling him out on it, but they can't because they'd do the same.

When you can't tell the difference between information and disinformation, I think you just need to focus on what's happening on your street, in your house, in your reality, otherwise you'll end up going insane arguing over sets of figures recorded and interpreted in a way they suit someones agenda.

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It wasn't. I was making two points in one post. That both sides of the political spectrum are loaded with hipocrisy and the amount of tests that were announced was an inflated number. 

Ah ok.

What was the actual number of tests for the 30th just out of interest?

Just heard Andrew Marr refer to Matt Hancock's 'reckless target of 100,000 tests per day'. How on earth is he allowed to get away with this. The supposedly impartial BBC.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ah ok.

What was the actual number of tests for the 30th just out of interest?

According to the BBC write up "

The UK provided more than 122,000 coronavirus tests on the last day of April, passing the government's target, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

The figure includes 40,000 tests sent out, including directly to people's homes, which may not yet have been taken."

Provided is the operative word. A test that has been provided but not taken surely doesn't count as someone that has been tested, unless of course you needed to include it to help you hit an arbitrary target.  The 'original' target was to carry out the tests, not send them out on the last day. They changed the wording to suit their messaging. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

According to the BBC write up "

The UK provided more than 122,000 coronavirus tests on the last day of April, passing the government's target, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

The figure includes 40,000 tests sent out, including directly to people's homes, which may not yet have been taken."

Provided is the operative word. A test that has been provided but not taken surely doesn't count as someone that has been tested, unless of course you needed to include it to help you hit an arbitrary target. 

So what was the number of tests taken please?

You must know the answer if you are telling us that the number provided by the Government is inflated.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what was the number of tests taken please?

You must know the answer if you are telling us that the number provided by the Government is inflated.

The reported numbers included 40,000 tests mailed out but not yet taken which is where the clear inflation is. 

It doesn't take a genius to see what they did. I applaud the ramp up in numbers but I refuse to applaud them changing the rules to suit their political needs.

I obviously don't know the numbers to the exact single digit because I am a software salesman not in charge of collating the numbers.

You can go through your usual routine of asking a counter question instead of addressing the point if you like but I think the point I am making is clearto everyone. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The reported numbers included 40,000 tests mailed out but not yet taken which is where the clear inflation is. 

It doesn't take a genius to see what they did. I applaud the ramp up in numbers but I refuse to applaud them changing the rules to suit their political needs.

I obviously don't know the numbers to the exact single digit because I am a software salesman not in charge of collating the numbers.

You can go through your usual routine of asking a counter question instead of addressing the point if you like but I think the point I am making is clearto everyone. 

Ok I will address the point.

These tests were all sent out and you have no evidence on how many of them were used and not used.

So your statement that the numbers were inflated has absolutely no basis and is politically motivated.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

These tests were all sent out and you have no evidence on how many of them were used and not used.

So your statement that the numbers were inflated has absolutely no basis and is politically motivated.

They are politically motivated, all statements in the thread are. Can you prove to me how many were returned? If not your statements on the matter have absolutely no basis and are also politically motivated. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Posts on here are politically motivated? 

Oh My God Reaction GIF

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just heard Andrew Marr refer to Matt Hancock's 'reckless target of 100,000 tests per day'. How on earth is he allowed to get away with this. The supposedly impartial BBC.

He then asks about Trumps claim that the virus originated in a lab, the WHO representative says no it came from bats and that's it, doesnt press her on it at all.

Then goes on to say that the WHO are adamant it did not come from a lab.

Also why is he not asking the WHO if they would like to apologise to us all for their mistakes, the way they do when interviewing our Government?

They are politically motivated, all statements in the thread are. Can you prove to me how many were returned? If not your statements on the matter have absolutely no basis and are also politically motivated. 

No, I cant but there again I am not making statements which would indicate that I know the number.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Posts on here are politically motivated? 

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Thought we were in the coronavirus thread ?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It could be politically motivated but it also could be that he's pointing out what is very obvious to most people - the target was not going to be reached as it was being measured so it was decided to change the way of measuring. Whether you are left, right or centre this should be clear IMO.

They are politically motivated. Can you prove to me how many were returned? If not your statements on the matter have absolutely no basis and are also politically motivated. 

I have no evidence either way, But since the dawn of time ALL governments at sometime or other make a Political statement to suit their cause and to try and pacify the media and the public.

To believe a Politician, You're either in their pay...wink wink, An ultra believer in those in Government or about to be sectioned, I'm neither of the fore mentioned.

Archived