win rates

wixman1884

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Nobody gave Mac any of the same excuses Cocu is getting. It wasn't Mac's team, he hadn't enough time to do what he wanted, yet he was still preemptively sacked. Double standards between the way the two have been treated is massive. 

Treated by whom? The club or the fans? If the former, well we don't know yet whether Cocu will make the cut, if it's the latter, well I beg to differ. Mac is by far and away the most fondly remembered manager of the last decade at least.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Treated by whom? The club or the fans? If the former, well we don't know yet whether Cocu will make the cut, if it's the latter, well I beg to differ. Mac is by far and away the most fondly remembered manager of the last decade at least.

The club, but in some respects the fan base. Mac 2 was given far more stick than he deserved, when he took the club from a bad position and steadied the ship, only to get fired to make way for Snakey. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The club, but in some respects the fan base. Mac 2 was given far more stick than he deserved, when he took the club from a bad position and steadied the ship, only to get fired to make way for Snakey. 

And you think that Cocu is not getting his fair share? I disagree I'm afraid, but then you already know that. The difference in thinking here is that I don't think EITHER deserve stick but hey, just my opinion!

24 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

There is 0 logical arguments for getting rid of Cocu.

Everyone cries out for stability but at the first sign of a bad run of form wants rid.

Grow up, he isn’t getting sacked. 
Save this post

I even wager we are a prem team under him 

24 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

There is 0 logical arguments for getting rid of Cocu.

Everyone cries out for stability but at the first sign of a bad run of form wants rid.

Grow up, he isn’t getting sacked. 
Save this post

I even wager we are a prem team under him 

So many fallacies here

Clearly not everyone cries out for stability, and remember we have lost the last 2 managers through no fault of the club.

Far from being the first sign of a bad run of form, how many times have we won successive games to date with Coco?

Having a different opinion to you is no reflection of maturity.

It is not a crisis yet but we need to start winning a few games or it will be.

8 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

So many fallacies here

Clearly not everyone cries out for stability, and remember we have lost the last 2 managers through no fault of the club.

Far from being the first sign of a bad run of form, how many times have we won successive games to date with Coco?

Having a different opinion to you is no reflection of maturity.

It is not a crisis yet but we need to start winning a few games or it will be.

Look at Daniel Farke at Norwich, He could have taken them down first season.

Since you’re so clever, can you tell me where they are now? 

At least Cocu's win rate is much improved on his last job where it was 20% I believe.

I also think points per game is a far better stat than win rate. For example

P5 W1 D0 L4 Pts3   Win rate 20%   pts per game 0.6

or

P5 W1 D3 L1 Pts6 Win rate 20% pts per game 1.2

58 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

At least Cocu's win rate is much improved on his last job where it was 20% I believe.

I also think points per game is a far better stat than win rate. For example

P5 W1 D0 L4 Pts3   Win rate 20%   pts per game 0.6

or

P5 W1 D3 L1 Pts6 Win rate 20% pts per game 1.2

This is why I don’t like the win rate stat much, it doesn’t tell the full story, especially over a short period.

Archived