New FFP Plan

Phuket Ram

OK, so gather round, here's the plan:

1. Our new "investors" buy Fleetwood Town (or whoever)

2. Fleetwood (or whoever) buys all our rubbish players for mega millions

3. We make huge profits and go on to buy our way to promotion

If Carlsberg made investors....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ramitupper said:

OK, so gather round, here's the plan:

1. Our new "investors" buy Fleetwood Town (or whoever)

2. Fleetwood (or whoever) buys all our rubbish players for mega millions

3. We make huge profits and go on to buy our way to promotion

If Carlsberg made investors....

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do Fleetwood not have to comply with FFP also?

I assume in this ludicrous scenario Fleetwood (or whoever) become a sacrificial lamb for our future.

If we're going to come up with bizarre tongue-in-cheek plans for our financial security I'm sure we could come up with something more outrageous than what really amounts to a mild Football Manager strategy ? 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League 1 and 2 have different financial restrictions. Whereas we can only make a £39m loss over 3 years, they have wage caps instead.

Excellent, so all we have to do is persuade Josefzoon to play for a bag of wotsits and a hobnob each week in fleetwood, and all our financial problems are sorted!

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Excellent, so all we have to do is persuade Josefzoon to play for a bag of wotsits and a hobnob each week in fleetwood, and all our financial problems are sorted!

To circumnavigate the rules further... We could subsidise his wages. Fleetwood (or other club) pays £80m for Jozefzoon (or other player) and we pay his full wages.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To circumnavigate the rules further... We could subsidise his wages. Fleetwood (or other club) pays £80m for Jozefzoon (or other player) and we pay his full wages.

£80m loan fee. 

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League 1 and 2 have different financial restrictions. Whereas we can only make a £39m loss over 3 years, they have wage caps instead.

Do non-league clubs have any restrictions? Couldn't we just buy someone like Chesterfield or Ilkeston (no chance of either of them being in the same league as us) and use them as our new feeder club.

To circumvent the rules Mel could purchase a club in, say Greece, and dump off any expensive rejects to them for fees whilst moving any "promising" players from the Greek club to Derby either on loan or for low fees.

I don't know why nobody has thought of doing that before...

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just 80m? You telling me we’re not gonna make Florian Josefzoon the most expensive footballer in history? I’d say we charge 80m per goal he scores, we’ll break neymars record within a few years!

Archived