Time to unleash some of the youngsters

Sparkle

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ravas

Bogle Minkley Buchanan Lowe

Knight Bird Sibley

Whittaker Bennett Mitchell-Lawson

Premier League, here we come!

Daft as that might sound, the centre half’s would struggle against Wigan lump heads but aside from swapping Bennett for Martin I’d go with that lot just to kick the seniors up the back side for the abject display on Saturday.

Just bear in mind what result Lampard got at Villa with a mass rotation.

That said, only Shinnie achieved anything near passable yesterday; the rest lacked cohesion. The one sole benefit of sticking our 23’s in would be they all know each other and would play as a team. Martin would probably get more service too.

Never happen with Cocu but I’d support it whatever the result if it did.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We need to get movement into this side and if that means bringing the youngsters into the side we should be doing it 

Gk

bogle Davies Belick Lowe

bennett Shinnie Knight malone 

Martin Lawrence 

yes I don’t like the defensive midfielder business as it allows players to hide and we might as well see if Lawrence can do something near a footballer and if not him then Waghorn or Bennett but our midfield has to be able to work hard and actually run in both directions 

Relegation it is then!

24 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Never even mentioned Lawrence so not sure what he's got to do with it ?‍♂️

Just saying coz he starts week in week out and doesn't give us anything much prefer one of the young lads get a turn and make the players who are under performing fight for there places 

It’s a mystery how some of them aren’t getting minutes for the first team.

Sibley and Mitchell Lawson look the standouts every time I’ve seen them, I don’t think there’s much more they can do at that level. They need first team football here or a loan somewhere.

Amazed we still have Jon Mitchell at the club too. He’s surely in his mid twenties now? Seems better at commanding his area than Roos, why not give him a chance? We will never know how good they are until they actually play!

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

It’s a mystery how some of them aren’t getting minutes for the first team.

Sibley and Mitchell Lawson look the standouts every time I’ve seen them, I don’t think there’s much more they can do at that level. They need first team football here or a loan somewhere.

Amazed we still have Jon Mitchell at the club too. He’s surely in his mid twenties now? Seems better at commanding his area than Roos, why not give him a chance? We will never know how good they are until they actually play!

I agree that they need to be loaned out to get experience of senior football rather than playing in the youth leagues at this point. Just look at Lowe when he first came into the first team - looked shaky as hell, but a season in Scotland completely transformed him - i'm sure there must be some clubs up there or in the lower leagues that would take a chance on some of our youth players.

We tried youth against Forest in the cup, but none of them looked particularly ready for the step up at that point, but I definitely think they should be playing somewhere first team if not ours just yet.

If we were to start utilising youngsters prominently, I'd want to also see that rectify some of our positional difficulties. I can't remember the last time we played with 2 proper wingers, at the minute it's 3 no.10s behind the striker and none of them like taking on a man when dribbling often leaving us struggling to create dangerous opportunities.

Hamer

Bogle     Davies    Bielik     Lowe

Shinnie

Holmes      Knight/Sibley

Mitchell-Lawson             Wilson
                    Marriott/Martin

20 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We need to get movement into this side and if that means bringing the youngsters into the side we should be doing it 

Gk

bogle Davies Belick Lowe

bennett Shinnie Knight malone 

Martin Lawrence 

yes I don’t like the defensive midfielder business as it allows players to hide and we might as well see if Lawrence can do something near a footballer and if not him then Waghorn or Bennett but our midfield has to be able to work hard and actually run in both directions 

Didn’t we “unleash“ the youngsters against forest in the league cup ?

lets not shall we 

13 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Daft as that might sound, the centre half’s would struggle against Wigan lump heads but aside from swapping Bennett for Martin I’d go with that lot just to kick the seniors up the back side for the abject display on Saturday.

Hear what you say.... but you know what? After that showing at Charlton I can't think there is much at all that would get a response from that lot. 

Archived