If Lawrence and Bennett are involved on Saturday?...

LE_Ram

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

All the evidence is 2 very drunk lads drove their respective cars into each other causing a serious RTC that quite frankly could of killed someone. 

There seems an awful lot on conjecture in that evidence.

The only evidence I know is that Bennett and Lawrence have been charged with drink driving and that Keough was in one of the cars and is now injured. There was also the video of Bennett in which he is been sick. Driving after been sick on booze is stupid, but could be far less dangerous that people assume ie throwing 3 pints of beer back up doesn't mean you are drunk.

What actual reliable evidence is there that they were "2 very drunk" lads?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/10/2019 at 23:44, Alpha said:

Everyone needs someone in their corner. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't play. Just saying that when you think you've fecked it all up you really need an arm around you because time travel isn't real

Brilliant post on this topic @Alpha, best I've seen. This last paragraph sums it up beautifully.

And your post does a great job of analysing the situation if the players were proper drunk and reckless.

If it turns out the players were stupidly, but slightly, over the limit, will some of baying mob think they were too hasty in sharpening their pitchforks?

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I hope they are involved on Saturday.  

I don’t , their level of performance over a period of time are not good enough to warrant staying in the team ahead of other more committed players at the club and youngster busting a gut to break into the team

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

I don’t , their level of performance over a period of time are not good enough to warrant staying in the team ahead of other more committed players at the club and youngster busting a gut to break into the team

Such as 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Such as 

I have to agree with him too. I think Lawrence greed is counter productive. 

But for his crimes against humanity I don't care if he's involved or not

I would think that players like Shinnie and Knight and Marriott and Malone would be looking on thinking they could do as well as Bennett and Lawrence. 

I think the younger players like Whittaker and Mitchell Lawson might be fancying their chances of having a similar impact.

But yeah, for the crime I don't mind whether he's in the team or not. poo happens it's how you come back from it

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I have to agree with him too. I think Lawrence greed is counter productive. 

But for his crimes against humanity I don't care if he's involved or not

I would think that players like Shinnie and Knight and Marriott and Malone would be looking on thinking they could do as well as Bennett and Lawrence. 

I think the younger players like Whittaker and Mitchell Lawson might be fancying their chances of having a similar impact.

But yeah, for the crime I don't mind whether he's in the team or not. poo happens it's how you come back from it

Marriott is injured  

Huddlestone injured  

Shinnie and Knight and Malone all are not forwards 

Whittaker and Mitchell  Lawson no first team experience. 

We need to beat Luton. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Marriott is injures. 

Shinnie and Knight and Malone all are not forwards 

Whittaker and Mitchell  Lawson no first team experience. 

We need to beat Luton. 

Holmes is an attacking player. I would rather see him up there and Shinnie dropped in DM. 

I would happily accept Malone or Lowe in that role. Knight too. Or Knight for Holmes and Holmes for Lawrence

Not bothered about first team experience. Lawrence experience is dribbling past players until shooting wide/over from miles away, passing too late, crossing too late, wasting a lot of free kicks and pretty average defensively for a winger. 

Bennett's experience is to bulldoze everything. 

I just don't rate them. 

Oh and Marriott when fit could go into the side by shuffling Martin and/or Paterson

You don't have to straight swap Lawrence. Holmes is a better player who's playing defensive midfield

Just now, Alpha said:

Holmes is an attacking player. I would rather see him up there and Shinnie dropped in DM. 

I would happily accept Malone or Lowe in that role. Knight too. Or Knight for Holmes and Holmes for Lawrence

Not bothered about first team experience. Lawrence experience is dribbling past players until shooting wide/over from miles away, passing too late, crossing too late, wasting a lot of free kicks and pretty average defensively for a winger. 

Bennett's experience is to bulldoze everything. 

I just don't rate them. 

Oh and Marriott when fit could go into the side by shuffling Martin and/or Paterson

You don't have to straight swap Lawrence. Holmes is a better player who's playing defensive midfield

Holmes was really poor at Barnsley. 

As regards footballing ability Lawrence is very good and I think Bennett is improving.

Cocu and  Lampard can’t both be wrong about Lawrence can they. 

What  happened at Forest with Shinnie , Holmes ,Knight ,Whittaker etc .

We were rubbish.  

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Holmes was really poor at Barnsley. 

As regards footballing ability Lawrence is very good and I think Bennett is improving.

Cocu and  Lampard can’t both be wrong about Lawrence can they. 

What  happened at Forest with Shinnie , Holmes ,Knight ,Whittaker etc .

We were rubbish.  

Holmes isn't a DM. He plays there to let that big lump Huddlestone stand still. He got bullied at Barnsley like a 4ft attacker because he's a 4ft attacker. 

Lawrence has good dribbling ability. That's it. He plays with his chin on his chest. 

Well they can because we've had crap players before. It not something new. 

What happened at Brentford? Let's not get into blaming entire games on people. I'm hardly suggesting that we send out Sibely, Whittaker, Mitchell Lawson and Shinnie to face Luton

I'm saying Holmes is better than Lawrence and with the statue getting fixed up then Bielik doesn't need the fastest legs next to him to track every single runner onto our back 4

Just now, Alpha said:

Holmes isn't a DM. He plays there to let that big lump Huddlestone stand still. He got bullied at Barnsley like a 4ft attacker because he's a 4ft attacker. 

Lawrence has good dribbling ability. That's it. He plays with his chin on his chest. 

Well they can because we've had crap players before. It not something new. 

What happened at Brentford? Let's not get into blaming entire games on people. I'm hardly suggesting that we send out Sibely, Whittaker, Mitchell Lawson and Shinnie to face Luton

I'm saying Holmes is better than Lawrence and with the statue getting fixed up then Bielik doesn't need the fastest legs next to him to track every single runner onto our back 4

I think you will find Holmes gave the ball away in good positions at Barnsley 3 times in a row. 

I think Holmes is impressive and is good at home and poor away but hey it all about opinions. 

Holmes is a busy player and skillful but is a bit like a headless chicken at times and at others he’s very creative running at people. 

Lawrence is a different type of player and sometimes appears lazy but has lots of skill and him an Jozy are competing for one place. 

Jozy is just as frustrating to fans .

Now then at Barnsley Bennett came on near the end to a load of booing and  put Waghorn in for a really good chance to which he fluffed his lines. 

Michell Lawson and Whittaker are just not ready yet IMO for first team starts and what has Knight done so far. 

AS for Shinnie well that’s a conundrum as is Dowell although that latter was booed out of the team by the boo boys. 

Its my opinion that Lawrence and Bennett should be involved tomorrow but other feel differently .

PS I don’t condone drink driving by anyone 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Zoon , Paterson, Holmes ,Mitchel Lawson , ,,,,,,, theres a host of good young talent waiting to break through if you listen to the club and those who watch the 23 s

U23s is really not the same level as Championship mate. 

Hey it’s your opinion.

Cocu will decide 

PS Lots on here dismissed Paterson and look how good he looks now. 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

There seems an awful lot on conjecture in that evidence.

The only evidence I know is that Bennett and Lawrence have been charged with drink driving and that Keough was in one of the cars and is now injured. There was also the video of Bennett in which he is been sick. Driving after been sick on booze is stupid, but could be far less dangerous that people assume ie throwing 3 pints of beer back up doesn't mean you are drunk.

What actual reliable evidence is there that they were "2 very drunk" lads?

Ok, maybe take the very drunk lads part out. Have they failed a breath test? Not legally allowed to drive then. Drink driving is drink driving no matter what the score is past 35. No matter how you try and paint the picture it's the same outcome, they had to many drinks and shouldn't of been driving and from what I KNOW I can safely say they were drunk and could of caused a fatal crash if they had hit an oncoming vehicle or a pedestrian, thankfully they only totalled two very large cars and themselves. My point being they should receive punishment by the club and not played 1 week after against Barnsley.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think you will find Holmes gave the ball away in good positions at Barnsley 3 times in a row. 

I think Holmes is impressive and is good at home and poor away but hey it all about opinions. 

Holmes is a busy player and skillful but is a bit like a headless chicken at times and at others he’s very creative running at people. 

Lawrence is a different type of player and sometimes appears lazy but has lots of skill and him an Jozy are competing for one place. 

Jozy is just as frustrating to fans .

Now then at Barnsley Bennett came on near the end to a load of booing and  put Waghorn in for a really good chance to which he fluffed his lines. 

Michell Lawson and Whittaker are just not ready yet IMO for first team starts and what has Knight done so far. 

AS for Shinnie well that’s a conundrum as is Dowell although that latter was booed out of the team by the boo boys. 

Its my opinion that Lawrence and Bennett should be involved tomorrow but other feel differently .

PS I don’t condone drink driving by anyone 

Think Dowell looks pants tbh and I've not seen any moments in any games where I thought he looked full of promise. But he must be better than what we've seen or surely he wouldn't be at Everton. The thing is he didn't show much at Forest or Sheff Utd either

I just think Holmes is better player than Lawrence. I don't mind the work Lawrence does defensively. It's not as good as Russell or even Weimann but it's not as bad as Commons or Jozefzoon. I just mind that he's greedy and wastes attacks by not delivering a good pass or cross or shot

An example v Barnsley. He drives into the box. Great. He does two stopovers. Why? He loses the ball. Not surprised. Lowe picks up and with 2 touches and a quick shoulder feint he beat his man and put in a good low cross. No fuss, no looking for glory. Just saw the opening, went for it and gave the ball the best chance of finding a teammate quickly. 

That's Lawrence. He has to do too much. He has to take on one more defender, he has to open up one more angle. He has to sucker in one more defender. It's the same cycle over and over. He never delivers on his promise. His free kicks are poor but he has always tried to own that duty. 

Holmes isn't perfect but he produces better timed passes more often. 

If Lawrence could deliver on the end of half his solo runs then he'd be a very good player for us. If it was more than half he'd be too good for us. But it's all promises promises. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

U23s is really not the same level as Championship mate. 

Hey it’s your opinion.

Cocu will decide 

PS Lots on here dismissed Paterson and look how good he looks now. 

Yep it’s also worth considering our only home win this season came without Lawrence or Bennett in the team so it’s perhaps not such an outlandish idea that squad moral wise it may be a real positive to reward professionalism, 

just for a moment take away the criminal side of the debate and for me at this point both those players don’t get in my team , I have defended Lawrence many times on here and thought people were perhaps a bit too harsh on his performance s but at this point for me if I was picking the team he would need to be having a spell out change attitude and also give someone else a run who may grab a place with a run of games,, pretty much the same for Bennett 

Ok i’m reading this after a number of ales in Harrogate. We chatted about Brexit there and the division was evident but we all got on. All of us are Rams and of course this will divide opinion, but I certainly have no issue about the decisions of Cocu and his team, they know far more than us. I lost my mother many years ago and still grieve her loss, thinking of Tom, now while I didn’t think ok I’m on 10+ k a week and drive a high powered car, so I’ll drink and drive, I genuinely believe many of us are not perfect by a long shot, so I will support Tom and  Mason in their rehabilitation. 100%. Jeeez how many of us are perfect human beings. And most of us are not in the spotlight. We are DCFC, and I have no doubt we will be a better team and squad and I am so confined to we will see under Phil, a team we can be proud of in the months to come. 

On 02/10/2019 at 23:30, GeoffDerby said:

The rule of law in the UK is a person is innocent until proven guilty. Let’s wait and see the outcome on 15th Oct when all the evidence is provided.  I am not condoning any actions, just saying it’s a little early to judge anyone and both players are entitled to fulfil their contracts, especially as neither has yet been found guilty. 

The pics of smashed up car togetherwith vid of Bennett throwing up his pints prior to driving suggest that's its slightly possible that Mr Bennett was driving whilst over the limit. Innocent my arse 

Archived