Egg Chasing WC

Van der MoodHoover

After being fraught all week I barely turned a hair today. Never in doubt to my mind. We simply blew the All Blacks away and they know it. As good a team performance as I have seen in any sport, let alone just rugby. Well proud. 

For the spectacle I'd like the Springboks in the final. I think they will have too much for Wales in any case so an England - Bokkes final seems mostly likely to me and that's another potentially fantastic match up. 

It's not been without its controversies, but for me, this has been an amazing tournament with wonderful support from locals who have helped turn every stadia into a wall of sound in these big match-ups. RWC 2019 will live long in my memory whatever the final outcome. It's been wonderful to ride the wave and it ain't over just yet either.

COE

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's not been without its controversies, but for me, this has been an amazing tournament with wonderful support from locals who have helped turn every stadia into a wall of sound in these big match-ups. RWC 2019 will live long in my memory whatever the final outcome. It's been wonderful to ride the wave and it ain't over just yet either.

COE

Japan is the most fascinating country in the world bar none. So many contradictions, modern and ancient, strange honourable people, traditional and then at the same time, anything but. Brilliant place, stunning scenery as well. 

Stunning place.

41 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

After being fraught all week I barely turned a hair today. Never in doubt to my mind. We simply blew the All Blacks away and they know it. As good a team performance as I have seen in any sport, let alone just rugby. Well proud. 

For the spectacle I'd like the Springboks in the final. I think they will have too much for Wales in any case so an England - Bokkes final seems mostly likely to me and that's another potentially fantastic match up. 

COE

Yeah I'd like the Boks too - to do a Southern Hemisphere clean sweep would be unprecedented. All 4 were semi finalists during our 2015 debacle too. We've also got some unfinished business with the Boks from the 2007 final & that Cueto try!!

Its been an amazing tournament. I was there for 2 weeks - saw England against both Tonga and USA (and Boks v Namibia, ABs v Canada, Ireland v Russia) and was just overwhelmed by how friendly, gracious and keen on the game the Japanese were. A beautiful country too, an incredible fusion of modern efficiency & respect of tradition and history. I will definitely return one day.

6 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its been an amazing tournament. I was there for 2 weeks - saw England against both Tonga and USA (and Boks v Namibia, ABs v Canada, Ireland v Russia) and was just overwhelmed by how friendly, gracious and keen on the game the Japanese were. A beautiful country too, an incredible fusion of modern efficiency & respect of tradition and history. I will definitely return one day.

Japan and Vietnam are top of my bucket-list right now. Very jealous you got to see the rugby AND Japan! I trust you had a wonderful time? I was planning on being there myself but a couple of close family had some health issues and it was too hard to plan. Gutted as I was going to take a flyer on us reaching the semis at least so it would have worked out well. The cost nearly tripled over 3 to 4 months though, so it never got done. Fam recovered well though and that's the important thing. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Japan is the most fascinating country in the world bar none. So many contradictions, modern and ancient, strange honourable people, traditional and then at the same time, anything but. Brilliant place, stunning scenery as well. 

Stunning place.

Desperate to go mate. You're not helping ?

45 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Japan and Vietnam are top of my bucket-list right now. Very jealous you got to see the rugby AND Japan! I trust you had a wonderful time? I was planning on being there myself but a couple of close family had some health issues and it was too hard to plan. Gutted as I was going to take a flyer on us reaching the semis at least so it would have worked out well. The cost nearly tripled over 3 to 4 months though, so it never got done. Fam recovered well though and that's the important thing. 

It was absolutely fantastic! We aimed for games that took us from North to South so as to maximise our time out there. We saw 8 cities in 15 days (Sapporo, Tokyo, Kobe, Nagoya, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Shikuoka & Oita/Beppu) which did require a lot of planning for internal travel/hotels & a lot of luck getting the tickets we wanted! The trains out there are unbelievable so was really easy getting around & whilst I wouldn't pretend its particularly cheap (or that the language is easy for the rank beginner!), some of the experiences we had will stay with me forever. 

Sorry to hear about the family issues & glad they're now on the mend. I've just about avoided divorce papers so was totally worth it ?

An absolutely horrible game of rugby to watch, a predictable arm-wrestle with a predictable result - a win for the Bokkes who basically strangled the Welsh. Both teams seemed to want to play smash it up the middle, kick-chase rugby and as a result, the game was an utter snooze-fest.

Not a great advert for the game so let's hope the SPringboks show a bit more ambition in the final. I suspect once again they'll try to play set-piece rugby and win kickable penalties but god I hope not as it won't make for a memorable tie. Hopefully England will look to stretch them. If they play anything  like they did against the Kiwis then the title is theirs to lose on all current form.

COE

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

An absolutely horrible game of rugby to watch, a predictable arm-wrestle with a predictable result - a win for the Bokkes who basically strangled the Welsh. Both teams seemed to want to play smash it up the middle, kick-chase rugby and as a result, the game was an utter snooze-fest.

Not a great advert for the game so let's hope the SPringboks show a bit more ambition in the final. I suspect once again they'll try to play set-piece rugby and win kickable penalties but god I hope not as it won't make for a memorable tie. Hopefully England will look to stretch them. If they play anything  like they did against the Kiwis then the title is theirs to lose on all current form.

COE

Hope we don't get drawn into the kicking game, need to concentrate on our own way of playing.

21 hours ago, rynny said:

Hope we don't get drawn into the kicking game, need to concentrate on our own way of playing.

Watched the England NZ semi final back and hadn't fully appreciated the pace with which we played for the first 15-20 mins. Those lumbering brutes in green wouldn't be able to live with us if we can reproduce that sort of form.

Quoting the past few tests is not in my view meaningful as a) any series in South Africa usually involves a test or two at altitude and b) Eddie Jones was still tweaking the team through most of 2018.

I also thought that given that both SA and Wales adopted similar tactics, how poor the execution was. Chases were slow, balls spilled, balls allowed to bounce, rucks slowed by both sides. On the few occasions that Wales moved it they actually looked quite good, but they seemed to give up easily.

That John Mitchell fella who Eddie J has got on his coaching team looks a mean mother tho.......??

Archived