Egg Chasing WC

Van der MoodHoover

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wow, Japan beating Ireland. That looks pretty bad for Scotland's chances.

Keith Earls last gasp tackle probobly guaranteed their 1/4 final place and means we are more than likely going home after 1 game. 

At one point, I was dreaming of Japan and Scotland doing a West Germany and Austria (World cup 82) by agreeing to both scoring 4 tries for the bonus point and letting Scotland win to ensure qualification for both teams. 

Mind you, we'd still have to get past Russia and Samoa. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well done Wales. Fantastic first half, determined second.

Why on earth did Cheika pick Bernard Foley? Only played a handful of games in months and looked dreadful. Shanked a penalty, blew a conversion, through a tame interception early on (they didn't learn), missed kicks to touch...…..

Great game tho and what a play by the welsh winger right at the death to save the Australian touchfinder - I didn't actually know that if the ball didn't touch the ground then it wasn't in touch so I've learnt something......

England may now face Australia in the QF - I'd fancy us if they pick Foley but if they play like they did in the 2nd half I would not fancy us.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Why on earth did Cheika pick Bernard Foley? Only played a handful of games in months and looked dreadful. Shanked a penalty, blew a conversion, through a tame interception early on (they didn't learn), missed kicks to touch...…..

Great game tho and what a play by the welsh winger right at the death to save the Australian touchfinder - I didn't actually know that if the ball didn't touch the ground then it wasn't in touch so I've learnt something......

England may now face Australia in the QF - I'd fancy us if they pick Foley but if they play like they did in the 2nd half I would not fancy us.

England will stroll past the Aussies. 

The forwards will batter theirs. 

19 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

England will stroll past the Aussies. 

The forwards will batter theirs. 

Hmm......if they play that moving the ball quickly out of the contact area then I am not so confident. England love all that "structure" stuff but are not so good at adjusting plans and being flexible.

Anyway, good win for the Scots today - still a chance to make it if they can raise their game against Japan.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hmm......if they play that moving the ball quickly out of the contact area then I am not so confident. England love all that "structure" stuff but are not so good at adjusting plans and being flexible.

Anyway, good win for the Scots today - still a chance to make it if they can raise their game against Japan.

Im hoping the Japanese will have burned out by the time we play them and we dont have to rely on a bonus point win. 

If, and its a big if, we manage to get through, ill be watching the game against the All Blacks from behind the sofa.....

I honestly think England will go very close. 

If they win it, the BBC sports personality will be a laugh in Aberdeen this year as the BBC laud the cricket team, rugby team and Ben Stokes. ?

Here's hoping Judy Murray wins 'mother of the year'. 

14 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Im hoping the Japanese will have burned out by the time we play them and we dont have to rely on a bonus point win. 

If, and its a big if, we manage to get through, ill be watching the game against the All Blacks from behind the sofa.....

If they win it, the BBC sports personality will be a laugh in Aberdeen this year as the BBC laud the cricket team, rugby team and Ben Stokes. ?

Ruth Davidson’s a shoe in for that one surely.....?

54 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It'd be better if Wales won

spacer.png

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wins for Scotland and Wales today.

Scotland v Japan is going to be interesting.

Scotland v Russia at rugby went OK, lets hope for a repeat tomorrow.

61 - 0 might be a stretch with a Div 1 striker up front, but I like your optimism ?.

At the start of the week I was laughing at the prospect of Ireland being called off by the typhoon. Im not laughing now that its heading in our direction.  

9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

61 - 0 might be a stretch with a Div 1 striker up front, but I like your optimism ?.

At the start of the week I was laughing at the prospect of Ireland being called off by the typhoon. Im not laughing now that its heading in our direction.  

Isn’t it good news though, we finish top and get extra rest?

Just now, Spanish said:

Isn’t it good news though, we finish top and get extra rest?

Im a Scot. 

On England, in theory they will be rested but maybe a bit undercooked. coming top means Aussie and NZ in the next couple of games I think, but I guess you have to play them at some time. 

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Im a Scot. 

On England, in theory they will be rested but maybe a bit undercooked. coming top means Aussie and NZ in the next couple of games I think, but I guess you have to play them at some time. 

Ok, sorry to read about your affliction?

Daughter lives in nz and they say the Aussies are really poor at present.  You can only beat what’s there I suppose and at this level anything can happen.  Good luck for the rest of the tournament 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Means Japan top their group so well done to the Brave Blossoms?

I'd be genuinely disappointed about Scotland not making the quarters due to a match washed out, but I would not begrudge Japan getting through and and I think it'll do the tournament no end of good. Rugby WC often seems like waiting for the 5 bigger northern hemisphere unions to have some real matches against the big three from the south.

There have been some good efforts from some of the smaller nations, Japan obviously, Figi, we'll never know how Argentina might have got on without the red card but the pushed France all the way.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd be genuinely disappointed about Scotland not making the quarters due to a match washed out, but I would not begrudge Japan getting through and and I think it'll do the tournament no end of good. Rugby WC often seems like waiting for the 5 bigger northern hemisphere unions to have some real matches against the big three from the south.

There have been some good efforts from some of the smaller nations, Japan obviously, Figi, we'll never know how Argentina might have got on without the red card but the pushed France all the way.

It is a shame for Scotland as I had thought they were starting to come good, but they were SO poor against Ireland....almost inexplicably so.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It is a shame for Scotland as I had thought they were starting to come good, but they were SO poor against Ireland....almost inexplicably so.

Yeah, been disappointing and put them in the possition of really needing the win against Japan. Ireland are a better side than Scotland, but it was such a total annihilation of a result.

Archived