Current Squad

DCFC1388

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll do well this season.

We have a 100% record despite not having our record signing, or best striker as yet; and Tom Lawrence is on course for a 92 goal season - which more than covers our loanees goals last season.

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I can't help but feel that the Bielik signing will prove to be a masterstroke and we'll ultimately end up with a higher points total this season than last.

I agree with this. While Bielek isn't a direct replacement for Mount (or as good a player), I actually think he will have a greater effect on the success of the team - the value of the 'sum of the parts' will ultimately be higher.

I would have liked to have seen a better right-sided attacker brought in on loan as I do think we are now very reliant on the form of Tom Lawrence and, in truth, his consistency has not been his strong point with us so far.

I think our team looks strong, no teams going to be totally sorted after losing a player like Mount but we have made some very good signings. We may not be the strongest team in the league on paper but i think we have one of the best managers.

If you look at the Sheff U and Norwich sides they weren't amazing just the fact that good coaches improved them and they played as a team consistently, im 100% sure that we can do this and be succesful. 

Bielik, Clarke and Rooney are massive signings for us, Spine of your side.

I don't think the team is starting this season is as strong as the one that ended last season, but we saw progression throughout last season and I would hope we do again. I honestly think a formation swap makes the squad look better: 

Roos

Bogle                              Keogh                              Clarke                      Malone

Bielik

Holmes                                         Dowell

Lawrence

Marriott                Waghorn

Bogle and Malone provide the width. We overload the centre of the pitch. Bielik can fill in to create a back three to stop any counter attacks. We can have the likes of Paterson and FloJo on the bench so we can switch it up to a more conventional 4-3-3 if needs be. I would say this is our best chance of producing the amount of goals required to go up. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm definitely a happy clapper with the current squad.

I'm interested to see how the midfield evolves. It looks on paper a decent blend to me.

Dowell, Bielik, Holmes, Shinnie, Sibley, Knight .......youth, skill, bit of bite, potential there for a mobile, interchangeable group, perhaps a bit more  tougher for teams to get through than in recent seasons. Hudds maybe will have to settle for cameo appearances?

In defence, Clarke looks a good un to partner Keogh, proper cb, thought he was decent at Huddersfield.

I grew up watching the great Dutch team of the 70's whose fullbacks were often wingers, Total football they called it, every player was comfortable on the ball and capable of fluidly covering the ones who broke forward and vice versa. The dutch copied the Derby team if you ask me, Nish and Webster were as good as Neeskens, Krol etc!

Bogle and Lowe could well provide the width if the system allows them to bomb forward.

There are goals between Waggy, Tom, Jack and Mason if the midfield and wing backs are doing there stuff.

I believe we are very lucky to have Phillip Cocu as our manager. He really should be in the Prem or at a top European club. I think he will organise the players available to him to play some good exciting football. We saw glimpses Monday night, a free role for Lawrence, Huddersfield couldn't mark him first half....that's tactical nous from the Dutch masters.

A long season in front of us, always difficult to get out of this League, but we have a serious management team who, I believe, will adapt and out think their opponents and install a winning mentality into the players.

Genuinely excited, and that's before Rooney arrives.

COYR?

I think the lowe rejected bid could be interesting... If he is 3rd choice I think he would be gone by now. Seems like cocu has a role for him 

28 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Hamer

Bogle    Keogh   Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Dowell      Rooney

Paterson       Marriott      Lawrence

Good side is that......

Thats a top 3 side with Roos in.

I'm excited to see how it all plays out with so many new aspects to the team. We seem to have a competitive squad but a team is more than the sum of its parts. If they all gel, and quickly, we'll be up there. If they take time to bed in then by October we could be lower mid table.

But on the whole I'm (unusually for me) pretty optimistic.

39 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Hamer

Bogle    Keogh   Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Dowell      Rooney

Paterson       Marriott      Lawrence

Good side is that......

Replace Paterson with Holmes or waghorn

48 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I would have liked to have seen a better right-sided attacker brought in on loan as I do think we are now very reliant on the form of Tom Lawrence and, in truth, his consistency has not been his strong point with us so far.

Duane Holmes. I want him to have a breakthrough season. Good player.

Archived