Cocu's Contacts

BaaLocks

He might have had contacts in the past.

but he might have had laser treatment since and have no contacts now.

or.....

he might be as blind as a bat and can't see a thing once we cross the half way line?

I'm going with the latter ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Guaranteed we'll be bottom half before we kick off on Monday ?

Like to think of myself being fairly optimistic, but even I’m struggling to argue against that.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hopefully he's using those contacts to see how poor we are at the moment.....

Seriously now, do you ever have anything positive to say?

Do you actually get any enjoyment out of football or is it just something you use to vent the anger from the rest of your life?

If I was feeling as downbeat as you before a ball has even been kicked I would seriously be considering looking for a new hobby!

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seriously now, do you ever have anything positive to say?

Do you actually get any enjoyment out of football or is it just something you use to vent the anger from the rest of your life?

If I was feeling as downbeat as you before a ball has even been kicked I would seriously be considering looking for a new hobby!

Sorry for my opinion.... obviously not allowed.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Sorry for my opinion.... obviously not allowed.

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Just wondering if you ever have a positive one? If so I've never seen it.

Also your opinion is that we are a very poor team based on 5 pre season matches 3 of which we won. 

5 matches under a new manager where he has tried to give our youngsters a chance to prove themselves. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Just wondering if you ever have a positive one? If so I've never seen it.

Also your opinion is that we are a very poor team based on 5 pre season matches 3 of which we won. 

5 matches under a new manager where he has tried to give our youngsters a chance to prove themselves. 

G Star - Check all my posts before assuming the positive/negative please.

As for the current squad - I honestly think based on the team available today, the 11 we can put out there is extremely poor. Sorry for the negative opinions that follow but:

- Defensively its prone to conceding from crosses. Our first choice full backs (Bogle and Malone) concede crosses. I think Keogh is excellent in the air but he's on his own.

- Many games bypass Huddlestone - great passer of the ball but he's become more clumsy in his latter years.

- He seems to be playing Shinnie in the CM role, not the defensive position. Look at his Aberdeen stats - he was not an attacking player. He likes to hold and that's his strength. He won't bring creativity and goals to the pitch.

- Flojo, I honestly think he's an awful player. Decision making is one of the worst I've seen, runs into dead ends, can't kick a ball properly.

- Lawrence just goes missing. He gives us a glimmer of hope with something brilliant but that is 1 in 4 - not good enough for what he should be contributing.

- I think we will struggle to score goals. I'd love to see a line up with Waghorn and Marriott in there together but this doesn't seem like it will happen. Honestly - where do you see the goals coming from this season?

So - granted, there will be incomings - if Clarke and Bielek come in that will go a long way to sorting out some of the defensive problems but I still see us weak in the attacking side. Holmes needs to get fit and maybe Holmes and Dowell in the middle of the pitch will work. I just don't see either winger being good enough as we sit here today though and that's why losing Wilson (Who didn't give us winger type play but did give us goals from a wide position) is a blow.

On 29/07/2019 at 10:58, rammieib said:

A new Manager comes in and he's going to sate the obvious "I want to look at the team".

Whilst the majority of fans can see the obvious that we're short of quality.

Unless something changes before the deadline day, I've actually accepted mediocrity as the expectation for this season.

21 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hopefully he's using those contacts to see how poor we are at the moment.....

On 26/07/2019 at 10:50, rammieib said:

Completely I agree. We're a midtable team at best.

New dominant yet ball playing CB, new AM centre who can work with Dowell, new winger who is a guaranteed 10 Goals, 10 assists and a new GK. We're a weak time with defensive frailties.

The plus point of the season could be Sibley who could be the next 'Will Hughes' for us.

On 25/07/2019 at 20:09, rammieib said:

Buchanan getting destroyed.

On 21/07/2019 at 23:20, rammieib said:

Another season where as things stand we are going to be serious fragile with aerial balls into us.

Keogh wins a lot, but beyond that we’re a very small team. Bogle would be beaten by a dwarf, Malone is weak, we’ve lost Johnson, and I don’t see much height from anyone else.

The second centre back spot is unknown, Davies will help but he isn’t a ball player, Evans doesn’t fill me with a dominance style etc

I feel it’s too late that this issue will be resolved especially based on the interviews. I’m very worried going into the season that the same defensive lapses will occur again. No fault on Keogh, he just can’t do it all!

On 15/07/2019 at 13:37, rammieib said:

Bennett will be lucky to score 20 in his life lol.

We have two good strikers - Waghorn and Marriott. Now to see if they can play together in a Cocu team...

On 14/07/2019 at 00:49, rammieib said:

So saratosa was a farce, this game abandoned. Only three more games which kind of mean 1-2 games even for players we expect to be starting the first match.

Just a suspicion but we won’t be very fit/match ready.

On 13/07/2019 at 10:17, rammieib said:

If I wanted to score against Carson last season, just shoot at his feet.....

He was extremely poor..... all this tosh of a stat does is back that opinion up.

@rammieib as requested, I checked your posts to see if I was making assumptions about your positive/negative stance.

Above are the majority of the posts you have made in the last 2 weeks (I have not included one line responses).

I think I'm quite correct in saying you take a dim view of most things.

22 hours ago, David said:

Might have a spare pair as a backup, depends how bad your eyes are.

I wear glasses, couldn't get on with poking myself in the eye with contacts, but not like I'm blind without them, just everything is a bit out of focus 6ft in front

Bit like our defence then

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

@rammieib as requested, I checked your posts to see if I was making assumptions about your positive/negative stance.

Above are the majority of the posts you have made in the last 2 weeks (I have not included one line responses).

I think I'm quite correct in saying you take a dim view of most things.

Last two weeks. Of course at the moment I'm despondent!!!! Try this year though....

You'll find:

Bogle - Was wrong on him to begin with - excellent player, huge future ahead of him.

Keogh - Excellent player and back him up when others criticise him.

Waghorn/Marriott - Both Excellent players.

Holmes - Will be a genius player.

Morris - Chairman who has done a lot of good for us but has learnt his lessons - that for me is huge. Doesn't make rash decisions now.

Anyway - you can join 86Points in picking on my posts going forward :)

12 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Last two weeks. Of course at the moment I'm despondent!!!! Try this year though....

You'll find:

Bogle - Was wrong on him to begin with - excellent player, huge future ahead of him.

Keogh - Excellent player and back him up when others criticise him.

Waghorn/Marriott - Both Excellent players.

Holmes - Will be a genius player.

Morris - Chairman who has done a lot of good for us but has learnt his lessons - that for me is huge. Doesn't make rash decisions now.

Anyway - you can join 86Points in picking on my posts going forward ?

I'll be honest, when I read a post I dont look who has made it before reading it!

Promise I will not pick on any more of your posts!

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll be honest, when I read a post I dont look who has made it before reading it!

Promise I will not pick on any more of your posts!

:)  Discussions are fine, differences of opinion are fine but just remember I'm always right  ;)

Archived