Where's Jack?

IslandExile

Is a little odd. Wasn’t said to be injured before either match, only after. Suspect he’s just struggling to quite get fit, and he’s been close both times hence why he wasn’t mentioned before the matches- but there’s always been rumours about his attitude. Hope it’s not rearing it’s head again

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Is a little odd. Wasn’t said to be injured before either match, only after. Suspect he’s just struggling to quite get fit, and he’s been close both times hence why he wasn’t mentioned before the matches- but there’s always been rumours about his attitude. Hope it’s not rearing it’s head again

Was reported as injured yesterday

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’d usually be inclined to agree but imo their value of him is a lot closer to his true worth than what our value of him was.

We took the best offer on the table. Simple as that. 

He was coming off the back of a bad injury, out of form and not in the managers plans. 

We also don’t know the final figure what we will receive yet as we have a sell on clause.

Depending on that percentage we could still receive £10m+ for him.

Here’s the thing, when we sell a player the number taken as the (OMG why sell for that) is always the lower number. When we buy a player say Lawrence, the top number which is reported to be after addons is used. 

I see absolutely no reason to sit here on the internet and be upset over a transfer fee which we have no idea the structure of or the final figure.

The loss of Will Hughes, Rowett not seeing him in his plans is different and I can fully understand why people are still upset at that, I was at the time as well. Just this was a couple of years ago now, I’ve moved on.

Had we not have sold him when we did, he could have been left on the bench, devalued further, did his ACL in training, become none interested in football, anything. We’re trading in humans here.

Still yet to make the England squad like most were predicting, even Mount has had a call up before him. 

Maybe just maybe, we overrated him, overvalued him, that is a possibility and one worth considering. 

I’ll leave you with this. Agents talk, if the Will Hughes offer from Watford was accepted, why did no other Premier League club match the offer? Not one. 

Linked with moves to Liverpool, Barca in his breakthrough seasons, not one. Just Watford. 

This ridiculous deal, just Watford.

For me that speaks volumes.

8 hours ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Was reported as injured yesterday

Wasn’t reported before the match in the injury update, that’s what’s a little weird. Seems he’s not even been training so there couldn’t have been a chance of him making it, as per the latest report. Oh well. Should be back Thursday if he’s gonna train this week, sounds like Holmes, Forsyth and wisdom may need a match or 2 with the u23s first. With Carson struggling to get fit I wonder if we’ll ever see him again.

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I suspect Jack Marriott has some underlying personal issues . What I don't know or would even like to begin speculating. But there's definitely something not right somewhere.

Personal issues, where has that come from? Is it that hard to believe he’s injured?

Are we already doubting Cocu’s honesty?

There are some players who play with a constant underlying niggling injury and get through it using painkillers. Aguero played through a knee injury for 2 years before he had it fixed, Jack may have something similar where he's not quite 100% and they're trying to nip it in the bud in pre-season.

51 minutes ago, David said:

Personal issues, where has that come from? Is it that hard to believe he’s injured?

Are we already doubting Cocu’s honesty?

Its not come from anywhere as I said suspect . For me he had to many unexplained absences and time out of the team last season. And if he did have personal issues Cocu would hardly broadcast it in public . 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I suspect Jack Marriott has some underlying personal issues . What I don't know or would even like to begin speculating. But there's definitely something not right somewhere.

......and that's not speculating?

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Its not come from anywhere as I said suspect . For me he had to many unexplained absences and time out of the team last season. And if he did have personal issues Cocu would hardly broadcast it in public . 

I don't think they were that unexplained, when he was injured we was told he was injured, when he was on the bench Frank pretty much said he needs to work harder without throwing him completely under the bus.

Let's not forget Waghorn was finding the net at the time and Frank had a man crush on Mason Bennett.

All it takes is one person to throw out Jack has personal issues on the internet and it catches on, see no reason say it without anything to back  it up.

12 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think they were that unexplained, when he was injured we was told he was injured, when he was on the bench Frank pretty much said he needs to work harder without throwing him completely under the bus.

Let's not forget Waghorn was finding the net at the time and Frank had a man crush on Mason Bennett.

All it takes is one person to throw out Jack has personal issues on the internet and it catches on, see no reason say it without anything to back  it up.

From little old me's opinion ? I highly doubt that .

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t reported before the match in the injury update, that’s what’s a little weird. Seems he’s not even been training so there couldn’t have been a chance of him making it, as per the latest report. Oh well. Should be back Thursday if he’s gonna train this week, sounds like Holmes, Forsyth and wisdom may need a match or 2 with the u23s first. With Carson struggling to get fit I wonder if we’ll ever see him 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-boss-phillip-cocu-3113908#ICID=Android_DerbyTelegraphNewApp_AppShare

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes? That’s exactly what I’m referring to, there’s no mention of Marriott 

It's in the article

"But the midfielder sat out the game against Bristol City, as did striker Jack Marriott."

"Both had 'slight injuries', it was reported."

Archived