Where's Jack?

IslandExile

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If Maupay is valued at 20-22 million Jack has got to 12 plus?

Tricky to compare with players like that. Over the past few years we've dealt with transfers very differently.

Brentford are a "You pay what we say" club, though; at least following their transfer activity over the past few seasons. We've very much been a "We'll take what we can get" club at times.

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tricky to compare with players like that. Over the past few years we've dealt with transfers very differently.

Brentford are a "You pay what we say" club, though; at least following their transfer activity over the past few seasons. We've very much been a "We'll take what we can get" club at times.

I agree,I have made a lazy comparison and I think Brentford know they can screw Villa.

I am trying to value Jack’s finishing which is difficult,he had a fully fit and firing season he would be 15+?

Anyone else nervous that these posts are going to be followed by "Jack Marriott moves to Huddersfield for undisclosed fee" because it's the exact sort of stupid thing that Derby would do?

5 hours ago, Edtheram said:

cost us 3-5 million? 1 season with us 10-13 million.....

4 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If Maupay is valued at 20-22 million Jack has got to 12 plus?

No chance. I doubt any club would pay that when he's only had one short period of form for us, added to the whispers about his attitude.

He's certainly got the potential to reach that value though.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No chance. I doubt any club would pay that when he's only had one short period of form for us, added to the whispers about his attitude.

He's certainly got the potential to reach that value though.

People would pay for the potential?

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

People would pay for the potential?

They might, but I just think they'd see it as too much of a risk. Plus, we're very aware of how much potential he's got because of the brief period where he was on fire. I imagine outsiders will just see that he barely scored past Christmas and was kept on the bench. Then again, the Play Off showing might encourage teams.

53 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They might, but I just think they'd see it as too much of a risk. Plus, we're very aware of how much potential he's got because of the brief period where he was on fire. I imagine outsiders will just see that he barely scored past Christmas and was kept on the bench. Then again, the Play Off showing might encourage teams.

I hope you’re right,if he goes I’m holding you personally responsible ?

Archived