View of Bristol City

Bristol City

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Where do you think we will finish next season? 8th
  • Do you view us as having any standout players? Djedio, dje,...that striker.
  • What are your views on Lee Johnson? Quite like him. 
  • If you have been to the Ashton Gate, how was your overall match day experience? N/A
  • What do you think about our fan base? (Grounded/delusional, fickle/reasonable, old/young etc) Normal.

Only just realised Bristol City make their own kits with in house designers, would be interested know how that works out financially, bigger profit than say signing a deal with Adidas or not.

On 28/06/2019 at 22:53, Bristol City said:

What are your views on Lee Johnson?

We got invited into the managers room after the 3-3 draw in 2017,I wasn’t expecting to be their and when Lee Johnson shook my hand I said to him,

Bloody hell,how did you not win that?He just glared at me.

I think you should have won that game 8-3,possibly the worst miss ever by the guy from Bristol Rovers.

Anyway I digress.Really rate Johnson and I think this year could be the year,I don’t really understand how you missed out last year.

5th.

Steve Cottrell

And you’re just as mardy as us.

15 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I don’t really understand how you missed out last year.

Some fans are getting a bit giddy & thinking about top 2 (yes we all have deluded fans), because our owner has said the aim is top 2 (big difference between a target & realistically thinking we'll get it) and that play offs is a minimum.

With that being said, last season we only missed a good striker & a 3rd CM for freshness. It looks like we're signing Nketiah on loan from Arsenal, a player I rate higher than Tammy when he was here so I'd be disappointed if we didn't get top 6.

We got invited into the managers room after the 3-3 draw in 2017,I wasn’t expecting to be their and when Lee Johnson shook my hand I said to him,

LJ seems to do these small things right. Although he plays the pantomime villain a bit with some away fans (Leeds/Vile) he is widely regarded in the football world as a good up and coming manager & generally a 'good guy'. He definitely takes his PR training seriously put it that way.

Bloody hell,how did you not win that?He just glared at me.

I think you should have won that game 8-3,possibly the worst miss ever by the guy from Bristol Rovers.

Don't remind me of the game, we were 21st? in the league at the time & that first half I felt like it was the start of our upturn in form. Obviously you put an end to that ?

On 28/06/2019 at 23:53, Bristol City said:

I hope you don't mind me posting this in the main section of your forum. I'm doing a study of how other Championship clubs view us to try to get a relatively unbiased opinion of our club, prior to the new season starting. I have a few questions to ask, if anyone will answer them then it's highly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

• Where do you think we will finish next season?
  • Do you view us as having any standout players?
  • What are your views on Lee Johnson?
  • If you have been to the Ashton Gate, how was your overall match day experience?
  • What do you think about our fan base? (Grounded/delusional, fickle/reasonable, old/young etc)

Thanks again for your time, and good luck for the season excluding playing us of course, hopefully we both have what it takes to push over the line this year.

1. I think you’ll finish top 10, with around 65-70 points. It’s always quite close for that sixth spot in the playoffs, so even if you don’t get it you will give it a competitive go.

2. Not stand out in the sense that they’re too good for this league, but a decent amount of steady performers.

3. He’s a steady manager, learning his trade and getting better for it.

4. Never been AG.

5. I honestly couldn’t tell you, which I would suggest is a good thing. Too many clubs at this level have noisy fans - we’re  one of them. 

How's Andy doing?

A few of you popped over last season to tell us how you'd got a great deal out of us. 

Don't get me wrong, he's not awful. But I expected his impact to trail off and just wondered if he's anything more than an absolute grafter. 

It wasn't easy for him here but at the same time his performances didn't show a great deal of promise either. Think it was good for us both for him to leave. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2019 at 00:25, Alpha said:

How's Andy doing?

A few of you popped over last season to tell us how you'd got a great deal out of us. 

Don't get me wrong, he's not awful. But I expected his impact to trail off and just wondered if he's anything more than an absolute grafter. 

It wasn't easy for him here but at the same time his performances didn't show a great deal of promise either. Think it was good for us both for him to leave. 

Started off amazingly which is probably what drew those who came over to say how amazing he was.

Tailed off a bit in terms of goals but also had 4 wrongly disallowed IIRC. Finished the season as our second highest scorer, would have been highest without the incorrect decisions and scored a fantastic hat-trick at Brammall Lane.

Has done well in pre-season and I think he'll bag another 10+ goals this coming season.

Often he would make intelligent runs that wouldn't get spotted, I think Szmodics might be the player that was missing for us last season.

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Started off amazingly which is probably what drew those who came over to say how amazing he was.

Tailed off a bit in terms of goals but also had 4 wrongly disallowed IIRC. Finished the season as our second highest scorer, would have been highest without the incorrect decisions and scored a fantastic hat-trick at Brammall Lane.

Has done well in pre-season and I think he'll bag another 10+ goals this coming season.

Often he would make intelligent runs that wouldn't get spotted, I think Szmodics might be the player that was missing for us last season.

Wasn't quick enough to edit.

Here's the hat-trick.

Archived